• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Harley-Davidson 105th Anniversary Concert in Milwaukee, looks great!

Started by Raineyrocks, January 27, 2008, 07:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Harley-Davidson 105th Anniversary Concert: Line-up Confirmed
Tags: Bruce Springsteen, Daughtry, Harley Davidson

bruce-springsteen

To celebrate 105 years of making the coolest motorcycles on the planet, Harley-Davidson are planning a huge bash across Milwaukee on the 29th and 30th August 2008.

Headlining the act will be New Jersey's finest, Mr Bruce Springsteen and his E Street Band. The Springsteen gig is due to take place on 30 August at the Roadhouse at the Lakefront in Milwaukee's Veteran's Park. Tickets for the concert will go on sale on April 5 via the Karley Davidson website.

Also playing to the leather-clad Harley devotees will be a stellar rock lineup: Daughtry, ZZ Top, the Black Crowes, Buddy Guy, Blue Oyster Cult, the Crave, Dr. John, Peter Frampton, Puddle of Mudd, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Garry Allan, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, War, Blind Melon, Cameo, Dierks Bentley, Foghat and Los Lonely Boys. I'd link to them all, but I don't have the time!

According to Billboard, the Harley Owner's Group are planning an Aerosmith/Kid Rock concert on 28 August, which effectively turns the event into an amazing 3-day festival.

Oh, what a time to be a biking enthusiast...I'd sell my mother to go to that concert (sorry Mum)...

If you liked this post, please subscribe to our RSS feed.

By Gerard McGarry on Wednesday, 23 January 2008 and filed under Concerts.

yonder

I'm getting my first motorcycle in a couple of months, definitely a Harley, probably a "blank slate" XL883 standard.  Yeah, hold off on the girly bike comments, I just don't give a damn what those people think.

kola

yeah..I have seen the coming of "The new-age biker Invasion."

I rode Harleys when being a biker wasn't the "in" thing. ,,but more importantly, it was a way of life.

Now its being run over with a bunch of yuppies and high class society phonies buying Harleys (and 60k custom builds), purchasing their shiney new leathers and driving around pretending that they are badass.

what a fuckin joke.

yonder..883? your a perfect example...what a dork.

Kola

KBCraig

Quote from: kola on January 27, 2008, 05:55 PM NHFT
yonder..883? your a perfect example...what a dork.

Quote from: yonder on January 27, 2008, 03:41 PM NHFT
I just don't give a damn what those people think.

Point to yonder.

Kola, if you were riding Harleys when motorcycles weren't cool, then you know that back then ALL bike riders shared a common bond. Low wave, high wave, two fingers lifted off the bar, nod of the head... any bike meeting another bike gave an acknowledgment. Didn't matter if it was a pack of Hell's Angels meeting a rice-burning 125, they were all outside the norm, and shared that bond.

I understand the resentment of RUBs trying to buy their way into the "cool club", but the fact is, they're riding bikes. That's good enough for me.

kola

sorry KB, you are wrong.

maybe NOW all you yuppies wave to each other but back when REAL bikers existed we didnt even acknowledge someone else on a riceburner...no headnod wave or anything...

Show me a picture or vid of a HA member giving a thumbs up or a wave to a crotchrocket rider as they pass. LOL

youre in dreamland.

kola

QuoteKola, if you were riding Harleys when motorcycles weren't cool, then you know that back then ALL bike riders shared a common bond.

I never said "riding Harley motorcycles wasn't cool. I said REAL bikers werent considered "in" as in vogue or "looked up at"  by the majority of the people thus became the phrase the hardcore bikers used called the "One Percenters". Look it up (1%ers) becuase you do not know what you are talking about.

ALL "bikers" did NOT share a common bond and OTOH some were rivals and despised one another. There was no waving, smiles or head node to rival gangs wearing different colors. Your have no idea of what really happened or is still happening.

I lived the life of a hardcore biker, walked the walk and talked the talk. There is no room for your fantasy stories here, my friend.

KOla

error

KBCraig

Quote from: kola on January 28, 2008, 09:19 AM NHFT
sorry KB, you are wrong.

maybe NOW all you yuppies wave to each other but back when REAL bikers existed we didnt even acknowledge someone else on a riceburner...no headnod wave or anything...

Tell you what, kola... why don't you stop pretending that you know better than I do, what my own, personal, memories are?

I'm not a yuppie. I haven't owned a motorcycle in over 20 years. When I was riding 30 years ago, what I wrote was my personal experience, and for you so say different is to call me a liar.

For you to condemn a new rider as "a dork" because they're not a hardcore 1%er, is just stupid. If you "real hardcore bikers" chased out everyone except the 1%, then that would make you the 100%, wouldn't it? Just going along with the crowd, caving to peer pressure, afraid to be different... yeah real "individualists" there.

kola

KB. for once, admit you have not a clue to what you are talking about.

.and stop putting words in my mouth.

maybe do a google and see what Quackwatch research you can pull up. LOL!

ThePug

I've heard of wine snobs before. Bike snobs is a new one, though.

KBCraig

Quote from: kola on January 28, 2008, 02:33 PM NHFT
KB. for once, admit you have not a clue to what you are talking about.

You're right, I apologize, you obviously have a much better grasp of what I was doing and seeing 30 years ago than I do.

If I ever forget where I left my keys, I'm calling Kola! He's got ESPN!

yonder

Quote from: yonder on January 27, 2008, 03:41 PM NHFT
I'm getting my first motorcycle in a couple of months, definitely a Harley, probably a "blank slate" XL883 standard.  Yeah, hold off on the girly bike comments, I just don't give a damn what those people think.

Hhahahaha I have to break my promise.  I'm not getting a Harley.  I started looking around at other bikes and decided I could get a more capable bike for a lot less $$ if I went with a jap bike.  :)

EDIT: More specifically, I'm likely getting a Suzuki DR650 so I can do stuff that would be ill-advised with a Harley, like this:

JJ

Harley had Elton John at the 100th event, that didn't go over well.  Springsteen will do much better.

yonder

Quote from: yonder on January 31, 2008, 06:36 PM NHFT
More specifically, I'm likely getting a Suzuki DR650 so I can do stuff that would be ill-advised with a Harley

I was changing my mind a lot because I really didn't have a strong feeling for any particular bike until I saw the Triumph Bonneville T100 and took one home with me.  No, it won't be doing any off roading.  But spending an hour at the Harley Davidson dealership actually talked me out of getting a Harley, and as nice as it might be to have a dual sport bike I do a lot of interstate driving so that was a consideration as well.

So I got the Triumph... all the heritage of a Harley and none of the baggage.

kola

QuoteSo I got the Triumph... all the heritage of a Harley and none of the baggage.

yup, keep telling yourself that one.

just like the "jap/harley lookalike" owners say:

"It looks JUST like a HARLEY!"

Kola