• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Revoking my Libertarian Party “Life Membership”, a.k.a. Politics Sucks!

Started by FTL_Ian, April 28, 2008, 05:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

if there is a little money and power available .... some guys will go after it

Kat Kanning

We should have a funeral for the libertarian party, like we did for the constitution.

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 26, 2008, 07:14 AM NHFT
We should have a funeral for the libertarian party, like we did for the constitution.

Burning Porc? Maybe even Porcfest? Porcfest might be better because the news will be a little fresher. If so, I'm there.

Kat Kanning

I could revamp the coffin. 

Maybe Ian (and anyone else in the same boat) would agree to speak at the funeral about how he used to be active, and why he's not a party member any longer.

I might still have a membership card from libertarian party of CA that I could burn.

KBCraig

What's so sad about about the LP nomination is not that it was won by a hopefully-reformed drug warrior and neocon, but that it was won after joining forces with the unapologetic neoconman Wayne Allyn Root.

The beltwaytarian/cosmotarian/celebritarian crowd are thrilled that "nutjob Mary Ruwart" didn't win.

Kat Kanning

I actually looked at that guy's Issue's page - he does the typical politician squirming and doesn't actually come out against the Iraq war.  ::)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 26, 2008, 07:49 AM NHFT
I could revamp the coffin. 

Maybe Ian (and anyone else in the same boat) would agree to speak at the funeral about how he used to be active, and why he's not a party member any longer.

Sure.

RIP LP.

Pat K

Press release=

Libertarian Party Dies

In a tragic turn of events, there was a mass
  suicide of LP Party members. In some strange
  mass psychological breakdown many LP members
   stuck their heads so far up their asses that they
   suffocated to death.

Kat Kanning

Pat K

I would of course be honored to have anything in your
fine paper.  ;D

Russell Kanning

how about a collection of musing from former LP members?

I was never part of it, so I don't have the same bad feelings from watching it die.

FTL_Ian

I don't have bad feelings.  It had outlived its usefulness, and Barr is the final nail in the coffin.

Seems quite natural, though I do feel sympathy for those poor saps that will spend time and money trying to "save" the LP.

TackleTheWorld

I feel like Howard Roark looking at his screwed-up Cortland project and wanting to blow the whole thing off the face of the earth.

from the classic novel "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Pat K on May 26, 2008, 10:36 AM NHFT
Press release=

Libertarian Party Dies

In a tragic turn of events, there was a mass
  suicide of LP Party members. In some strange
  mass psychological breakdown many LP members
   stuck their heads so far up their asses that they
   suffocated to death.

That is perfect  :worship:  8)

Friday

I'm actually not that surprised.  Disgusted and sad, but not surprised.

I had made plans to attend the convention, but cancelled at the last minute due to a severely fracked up back that was making it difficult to walk or sleep, let alone haul a suitcase through an airport.  All things considered, it's better that I wasn't there; I really think I would have started crying.

I'm following the proceedings (so you don't have to  ;) ).  Here's a sample of the  :shithitsthefan:

David Nolan, often credited as "the founder" of the LP (certainly one of the founders) had been planning to run for the LNC (governing body), but changed his mind during the course of this convention.  Good for him!

report from the front:
QuoteThis afternoon we considered a by-laws proposal that was a "macro program" - they attempted a one-vote move on a bundle of motions that would (1) suspend the rules to allow it, (2) amend the bylaws to change the Statement of Principles by 2/3 vote instead of 7/8 vote, (3) GUT the Statement of Principles, and (4) RESTORE the 7/8 vote required to change it again. Chariman Redpath ruled the proposal in order. Technically it may have been but the intent was clearly to circumvent the 7/8 requirement. I voted with the majority to ovverule the Chair and our SoP remains intact.

I'm just waiting to hear that Redpath was reelected as Chair and the putrescence will be complete.  :puke: