• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Updates on 2 homeschool bills ammendments

Started by Raineyrocks, May 02, 2008, 10:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Ignore the 'authority' worshiping liberal hating troll.  He has debated elswhere ad noseum. 

Someday he will understand why it is dangerous to support the authority of gov't, unfortunately it will likely be when some liberal is using it against him, and rather than see authority as the problem, he will just blame the liberals.  That is what they have been doing since the 20's, increasing the power of gov't, which seems like a good idea, until there is a very normal shift in political power. 
The republicans set the precedents for use of power, than the liberals use the precedents, just not the way repubs like.  That is why they are as dangerous as the liberals. 

Raineyrocks

I don't know if anyone has posted an update on -S.B. 337 House Version but here it is.  I don't understand what they are writing here,
I have put parentheses and an * around the 2 areas which seem to contradict each other.  If somebody could explain this please do.

May 29, 2008

New Hampshire--S.B. 337 House Version
Approved by Senate, On to Governor

Dear HSLDA Members and Friends,

On May 21, the House version of Senate Bill 337 was approved by the
Senate. The bill is now on its way to Governor John Lynch's desk,
where he is expected to sign it. 

Thank you to everyone who wrote letters, attended rallies, and made
calls!  *(Because of your involvement, the version being sent to
Governor Lynch does not require any homeschooling parent to submit a
curriculum description to a participating agency). * (Though it would
have been better for all if S.B. 337 had not been passed, we are
thankful for the many positive changes made to the final version). 

While it was a hard-fought battle, the final outcome is a testimony to
your commitment to freedom, your family and homeschooling.  There is
no doubt that your efforts sent a loud and clear message to
legislators and public policy officials in New Hampshire--if you
disturb homeschoolers in our state, be prepared to hear from us. 

If and when Governor Lynch signs S.B. 337, we will notify you.  At the
appropriate time we will update our legal analysis to provide you with
our view regarding how the new law will affect New Hampshire
homeschoolers.

Thank you for all of your hard work and support of homeschooling in
New Hampshire!

Very truly yours,

Michael P. Donnelly, Esq.
HSLDA Staff Attorney

Raineyrocks

Does this mean that along with a letter of intent homeschoolers need to list the curriculum and a yearly plan?  If so what if I'm registered with Tri-City?

toowm

Rainey, I think you homeschooled last year? If so, I don't think you need a curriculum or plan. It's only for new homeschoolers.

BTW, we dropped our HSLDA membership. First, they openly supported Huckabee, then we got to see how little they did in the fight over this bill, while claiming credit in their magazine.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: toowm on August 19, 2008, 09:25 AM NHFT
Rainey, I think you homeschooled last year? If so, I don't think you need a curriculum or plan. It's only for new homeschoolers.

BTW, we dropped our HSLDA membership. First, they openly supported Huckabee, then we got to see how little they did in the fight over this bill, while claiming credit in their magazine.

Yup, I did.  Oh good, thanks! :) Wow, I didn't know that HSLDA did that, and I just renewed my membership with them. :-\