• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire Hours trading system ready for beta testing

Started by Barterer, June 28, 2008, 02:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Barterer

Ok guys, the Shire Hours online trading system is here, at www.shirehours.com.  You may use straight http:// or secure https://.  For trading purposes, you can use just Shire Hours, Shire Silver (any silver), or both at a conversion rate of 2Hrs=1Oz.   You will receive an email for each transaction.

I have been doing a lot of reconfiguring over the past 2 (3?  :homework: ) days, so there might be some glitches.  Please post any you find in this thread, even if it is just a grammatical error.  Speaking of error, error is more than welcome to look at the site from a security standpoint.  And as the site becomes more popular, I may need to set up a Turing routine to fend off bots.

Dylboz says he'll be glad to create a good header graphic, but he's kind of busy right now, so that may have to wait a couple of months.

I look forward to any and all feedback, either here or from the contact page.  :)

Russell Kanning

so we can use it and not have the database cleared later?

Barterer

I cleared it already this morning.  It's good to go!  :icon_guitarist:

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Tried to register using Safari and it says I need to enable cookies. I have cookies enabled.

Would like to use the system.  :)

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 30, 2008, 06:59 AM NHFT
I couldn't make a payment.
Now I can

I got a new error message:

"Your intended recipient has not offered enough credit to receive your payment."

I thought my ability to make payments was based off of all the credit I have available.

Barterer

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 30, 2008, 05:07 AM NHFT
Tried to register using Safari and it says I need to enable cookies. I have cookies enabled.

Would like to use the system.  :)
Check your email, and please keep me posted on the results. I will study why it might not work with Safari.. I thought everything was all "W3C" compliant and should work.. maybe it needs further tweaking.

Barterer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 30, 2008, 07:20 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 30, 2008, 06:59 AM NHFT
I couldn't make a payment.
Now I can

I got a new error message:

"Your intended recipient has not offered enough credit to receive your payment."

I thought my ability to make payments was based off of all the credit I have available.
I know.. I am getting a little credit-dyslexia about that myself.. you can pay out as many Shire Hours as you've extended in credit to your partner (and they've accepted).  To avoid that message, just do it symmetrically.. have your partner(s) trust you as much as you trust them, and of course make sure your trade amounts are lower than the limits.

Edit:  I offered you 40 Hrs credit, you've accepted the credit line, and I paid you one Hr as a test. Try paying me back two hours and it should refuse. Try paying me one hour and it should go through.

Other edit: I sent a message to Ryan asking why it is the way it is, and if it would be more intuitive the other way around, which signs should I change on which variables.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Barterer on June 30, 2008, 11:24 AM NHFT
Edit:  I offered you 40 Hrs credit, you've accepted the credit line, and I paid you one Hr as a test. Try paying me back two hours and it should refuse. Try paying me one hour and it should go through.
I don't see the 1 hour

Barterer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 30, 2008, 11:51 AM NHFT
Quote from: Barterer on June 30, 2008, 11:24 AM NHFT
I don't see the 1 hour

Ahem:

Looks like I'm at -1 and owe you a Shire Hour.  Damn ShireHours.com better not have ripped me off!  >:(

Kat Kanning

Barterer

Quote from: Kat Kanning on June 30, 2008, 12:19 PM NHFT
It's all very confusing to me  :o
I'm going to smooth out everything that is confusing or counterintuitive. And I thank you for being one of the early beta-testers.

Russell Kanning

I get getting bit by the unrefreshed pages. It would make sense to always refresh the pages automagically in the ripple system.

Russell Kanning

Yea ... it is funny ... it doesn't let me send stuff to someone until they offer me credit ... it is backwards.