• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bacon!

Started by KBCraig, August 16, 2008, 06:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

And then you rise up and cut their fucking cold heart out with a spoon..........

MaineShark

Was just at a local diner for lunch.  I usually go there for breakfast, so I don't look at their lunch menu.

I was looking through the bugers, and noticed that they sell veggieburgers.  And that, right below that item, they offer the option to add bacon.

Russell Kanning

Jim Johnson

Quote from: MaineShark on August 16, 2013, 09:26 AM NHFT
Was just at a local diner for lunch.  I usually go there for breakfast, so I don't look at their lunch menu.

I was looking through the bugers, and noticed that they sell veggieburgers.  And that, right below that item, they offer the option to add bacon.

A thin ray of light shines on a small portion of sanity, but it is their choice.

Jim Johnson

Pat K

Becky Thatcher

A bacon coffin for when all that nitratey goodness finally takes you down! ;D

Jim Johnson

Bacon, BACON, BACON!  ;D

MaineShark

Speaking of bacon, I literally just finished eating a 12-oz package of cottage bacon a few minutes ago.  I was in Claremont the other day, so I picked up a package of that and a package of peameal bacon, since stores don't seem to carry either and I wanted to give them a try.

Plus, the round bacons are better for burgers and such, rather than trying to cover a round bun with strips of regular bacon.  Of course, I ate this stuff as soon as it cooled, so I didn't get to try that...

The cottage bacon is definitely going on my list of things to buy again.  Lower fat (which means more meat, and meat is awesome), and definitely a richer, more bacon-ey flavor than typical bacon.  Not something for someone who only has a mild interest in bacon - it's the bacon equivalent of "hot" salsa.

I'm looking forward to giving the peameal a try.

dalebert

Jim Johnson

It could have used some bacon.

Russell Kanning

No bacon was harmed in the making of Dale's movie.

Russell Kanning

I have been on a BLT kick lately. :-)

MaineShark

I did try the peameal bacon, but I did not end up liking it very much.  It's more like a thin porkchop or somesuch, than it is like bacon.  Being brined instead of smoked, it just doesn't have a flavor that says, "bacon" to me.

In other news, just picked up a whole pig's worth of cuts, including lots of bacon, from Bardo.  Almost filled a 7cf chest freezer.  Would have probably filled a 5cf one exactly.  I think we'll be set on pork products for a while...