• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Auto mods

Started by rmodel65, August 31, 2008, 05:43 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubbard

Quote from: rmodel65 on August 31, 2008, 05:54 AM NHFT
i mean are noise ordinance tight or no? ive got a 65 mustang fastback with headers and glass packs exiting to the sides
tint limits? etc

You can hear my truck rumble up from a good distance and I haven't had any issues.

Hubbard

I hear they are real dicks about tinting. And if you are a real asshole with a 180db sound system in my neighborhood I hear your tires deflate magically overnight!

neggy

thanks fr the RSA heads up on tinting the side windows.

I have 1 car registered in MA that I was going to bring over the border, it belongs to my business so I left it registered in MA, but now it looks like I need to keep it registered there to keep my tint.

KBCraig

Quote from: neggy on December 19, 2008, 07:59 PM NHFT
The tint standard is based on the federal regulations.
There is no federal regulation requiring 0% tint on windows to the left and right of the driver; that's an insane NH statute that needs to be repealed.

AntonLee

people in Hampton are bitches, the bikes aren't that loud.

I was told to remove tint off my eclipse once.  Said they would arrest me if I didn't do it in front of them.   I said I'd rather be arrested.  I got a ticket.  (and paid it)

Toadstool

Quote from: KBCraig on December 20, 2008, 09:37 PM NHFT
There is no federal regulation requiring 0% tint on windows to the left and right of the driver; that's an insane NH statute that needs to be repealed.

How do I go about it?
I can go before a judge and try?

I like it cause 1 private. of course and 2 I weld alot, and I have sensitive eyes from it. the sun light is REAL bright. to me when I weld or around those days
Its crazy, the cop tried getting me to talk like a lil girl, like he acted dumb to try to make me dumb... his ??? were so stupid...like i wouldnt see him try to flip flop...I like not telling them ish. they make stuff up... like its a board game...
Our world really is a joke. dang.

I cant want to move.... but where.

AntonLee

there was a girl who went around and got herself a handicap exception for her child who was sensitive to light.  Hence her little rice rocket had dark tint all the way around, and not a damn thing could be done about this scourge! 

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: Toadstool on December 22, 2008, 02:18 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on December 20, 2008, 09:37 PM NHFT

How do I go about it?
I can go before a judge and try?

I like it cause 1 private. of course and 2 I weld alot, and I have sensitive eyes from it. the sun light is REAL bright. to me when I weld or around those days
Its crazy, the cop tried getting me to talk like a lil girl, like he acted dumb to try to make me dumb... his ??? were so stupid...like i wouldnt see him try to flip flop...I like not telling them ish. they make stuff up... like its a board game...
Our world really is a joke. dang.

I cant want to move.... but where.

Have to go through the Legislature.

neggy

There are physical reasons for the 35% transparency threshold, among those are being able to see out the windows when pulling out of a side street. I've seen tint so dark I'd be afraid to be near the car at night knowing the driver has limited vision out the sides and back.

My windows were done by a tint shop in MA that took them to the federal limit, and IMHO that's dark enough.

BTW did you now in England tinted visors on motorcycle helmets are illegal?

So anyway, there is another reason, that is much less public, and that is cops.
They hate tinted windows because they can't see in the car when they approach it.
Now I am no fan of law enforcement, but I don't want to see anyone blown away by some gang banger using the tinted windows as cover. Some states have a law that requires you to turn your interior lights on if stopped at night.

A for loud pipes and fart can exhaust I've had enough of the rice cars and the biles, both asian and american. Try living at an intersection with a light and listening to the morons who either have to blip the throttle while waiting for the light to turn, or accelerate like it is a wednesday night in Epping when the light turns green. It isn't fun

BTW I own a 1200 CC rice bike and a Harley, and I make decent HP/torque numbers on the dyno with quiet pipes. And I don't subscribe to loud pipes save lives either, if you have gotten in a position where you are counting on your exhaust to save your bacon, you ride like an idiot and put yourself in a position you should have avoided.  People are sick of their children being woken up in the middle of the night by idiots who feel the need to wake the dead with their bikes.  Even during Bike week, the cops who have given the bikers a free pass for many years have said enough is enough.

I was at one Mass. Motorcycle Association event where there was pipe testing going on, in cooperation with the local cops and RMV.
There was one azzhat that was  proud of his 127db noise level. Note the loudest rock concert on record is the Who at 126db.

OK rant over....

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: neggy on December 22, 2008, 03:42 PM NHFT
There are physical reasons for the 35% transparency threshold, among those are being able to see out the windows when pulling out of a side street. I've seen tint so dark I'd be afraid to be near the car at night knowing the driver has limited vision out the sides and back.

My windows were done by a tint shop in MA that took them to the federal limit, and IMHO that's dark enough.

BTW did you now in England tinted visors on motorcycle helmets are illegal?

So anyway, there is another reason, that is much less public, and that is cops.
They hate tinted windows because they can't see in the car when they approach it.
Now I am no fan of law enforcement, but I don't want to see anyone blown away by some gang banger using the tinted windows as cover. Some states have a law that requires you to turn your interior lights on if stopped at night.

Except there are no laws against something outright opaque covering the windows that the tint laws apply to, e.g., curtains. (I've talked to a New Hampshire cop about this subject.) The anti-tint laws are basically just an idiotic reaction to "gangbangers," not actually based on something semi-rational like actual safety/visibility concerns.

AntonLee

noise levels are just another reason to ticket people.  I live on MA 286, there are plenty of bikers, with their loud exhausts that come by here.  I think when it bothers people they're being a bit too whiny about it, imho. 

I could care less if a cop wants to be able to see in my car, in my opinion it's too effin bad.  I had limo dark (20%) on my van at one point and I could see out the windows quite fine in fact.  If you can't see out the windows, probably a good idea not to tint your windows.   Most gangbangers I've seen don't even drive around, they sit around, and bother people on the street.

BTW:  If the cops are so worried about being able to see into vehicles. . .why does every douche with a black suburban, a cute little thin blue line front plate (which are illegal in MA) and a loud exhaust system allowed to do it?  Oh yeah that's right, I already answered my question. . .the thin blue line.  Cops want to see in your car to see if you have something they can arrest you over.  If they can't see in, then they can't point anything out.  Perhaps, in my opinion, the police officer go investigate a real crime as opposed to making people remove their tint.

it's a valid idea.  .  . allowing people to tint will not end the world.  Gangbangers will not gather in the streets shooting into the air in celebration of their new freedoms to hide themselves in cars and shoot cops from their tinted window vehicles.

I always thought it'd be a good idea to use the Ozone layer as an excuse that you need tinted windows!  All those chlorine atoms going up in the air because SOME people don't remove refrigerant correctly and release it into the atmosphere, thus the ozone is depleted and the rays of the sun bother eyes more.  Tinting for all!  (if you want it)

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: AntonLee on December 23, 2008, 06:15 AM NHFT
noise levels are just another reason to ticket people.

Indeed, this was the entire basis for the beginning of Bill and Ivy's ongoing trials in Manchester right now.

AntonLee

like I said before, the only reason for them to be at that courthouse is to deliver some Mexican food, not be the subject of a trial.

William

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 02, 2008, 03:12 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on September 02, 2008, 12:31 AM NHFT
Quote from: rmodel65 on August 31, 2008, 05:54 AM NHFT
tint limits? etc

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/NH/

Front side windows: no tint allowed.
Rear side windows: >35% VLT
Rear window: >35% VLT

Not sure if this will give us a problem when we move, because 3-sides window tint is standard in this part of the country. They come that way from the factory (and anyone who's ever driven in sunny Texas knows why!)

RSA 266:58-a.

Looks like the key there is aftermarket.

MaineShark

Quote from: neggy on December 22, 2008, 03:42 PM NHFTThere are physical reasons for the 35% transparency threshold, among those are being able to see out the windows when pulling out of a side street. I've seen tint so dark I'd be afraid to be near the car at night knowing the driver has limited vision out the sides and back.

Depends upon your eyes.  I've worn regular sunglasses, with clip-on sunglasses over them, while driving on a moonless, overcast night.  Because otherwise, I was being blinded by the headlights of the other cars, and having your vision washed out for a few seconds at highway speeds would be far more dangerous than tinted windows.

Quote from: neggy on December 22, 2008, 03:42 PM NHFTSo anyway, there is another reason, that is much less public, and that is cops.

I don't want to see anyone "blown away by some gang banger," either.

Maybe cops should stop attacking people, and they wouldn't be at risk of that, then?  Seems like a better solution...

Joe