• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Insufferable Weird Dream Thread

Started by dalebert, September 04, 2008, 09:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Ha I had a dream and remember it.

Me and Jim were fixing a fireplace, had to go to store to get some
parts, some of the "locals" gave us shit, we refrained from kicking their
asses. Got the fire place fixed and drank Beer.
Well that's the readers digest version any way.

Jim Johnson

Next time we'll drink beer and then go to the store.

Pat K

Quote from: Jim Johnson on February 14, 2010, 08:26 PM NHFT
Next time we'll drink beer and then go to the store.

I thought you were the smart one,
I fear my next dream will require bail money. ;D

dalebert

Well, get to it Swami Jim. Break down the symbolism of that dream.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Pat K on February 14, 2010, 08:04 PM NHFT
Ha I had a dream and remember it.

Me and Jim were fixing a fireplace, had to go to store to get some
parts, some of the "locals" gave us shit, we refrained from kicking their
asses. Got the fire place fixed and drank Beer.
Well that's the readers digest version any way.

This being the readers digest version it will be hard to know exactly what is going on.
But I think the understanding of this dream becomes obvious with a translation of the image of a fireplace, which in your second use was "fire place".  If "fire place" is interpreted as a woman, it would follow that Jim is actually big johnson.   "Me and Jim were fixing a fireplace" can then be understood to be, Me and big johnson  were (fixing) working on a woman.

"had to go to store to get some parts",  What parts are needed in this case? condoms.

"some of the "locals" gave us shit",  This happens all the time when a freedom oriented guy is buying condoms.  The counter person says, "That will be so many dollars and tax."  You yell out, "I don't want any tax".  Invariably some yokel says, "Do you keep them on with strings?"

"we refrained from kicking their asses", cause there is fixing to be done.

So you got the fire place fixed and you drank beer.

Since it is the readers digest version, I can only assume the fireplace was Friday.

Glad I could help.

Pat K

LOL! Um I don't think so, but nice story weaving.

Jim Johnson

Some times a fireplace is just a fireplace.   :butterfly:

dalebert

dalebert

Wow, how incredibly frustrating.  The forum suddenly decided I needed to re-login just as I was posting a message I had spent some time composing.  Message gone.  Not gonna re-write it.  You were apparently not meant to know what I was dreaming about the last several days.  Prolly just as well.  It was insufferable.

Not the first time this has happened.  I typically login for a week and that week manages to run out right in the middle of posting an elaborate message.

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

Yeah.  Good thing about that 'special feature'

dalebert

Since I was up late, I had turned my phone off so it wouldn't wake me up at 7 as I usually do.  I woke up around then anyway and was trying to hold onto the image of this vile little creature from my dream.  In the dream it was a huge slimey bug and I smooshed it.  I took extra care to smoosh the head and juices (brain juice? eye juice? I dunno) squirted 3 feet.  It was about three inches long with it's limbs all bunched in near its body.  Before long I realized I just had to get up, despite wanting to go back to sleep, because I'd forget the disturbing image.  So I spent the next couple hours drawing it and it made me loose track of time and have to rush to shower and get to Quaker Meeting on time. 

Funny coinky-dinky-- Toward the end of the hour of silence, a really noisy buzzing started distracting everyone.  Mark and I both thought it was some equipment from outside because it was so loud-- maybe a leaf-blower.  Turned out it was a gigantic fat bumble bee flying over our heads.  Someone finally got up from meditation to open the door so it could go out.

shyfrog

Back in 1983 when I was 17, I was in an accident that nearly claimed my life and claimed the life of a friend. I was asleep in the back seat of a car that was doing 90MPH+ just outside of Barstow, CA when it rolled due to driver distraction.

I was knocked out instantly and thrown out of the car. I remember nothing of the event.

But I remember the dream I had as if it was yesterday:

I was laying on my back in a verdant field surrounded by flowers and trees. The sky was vividly blue with wisps of clouds rolling by peacefully. Birds were singing in the trees, the babbling brook beside me was singing peaceful relaxation...and then I noticed cow. One, two, three....a lot of cows. And they were all lowing, "moo...moo...moooooooo"

As I'm coming to this realization of being surrounded by cows, the lights from the hospital start to fade into my immediate awareness. As the dream fades, I hear my parents voices softly calling "Lou...Lou....Louuuu...can you hear us?"

I woke up in a hospital 24 hours after the accident with a broken arm, several serious lacerations that needed stitches, a major concussion, and a new nickname: moo  :icon_pirat:

dalebert

I can't remember much about it, but I was having some kind of apocalypse-themed dream.  I just recall that it wasn't that scary and I was taking it all in stride.

Pat K

Quote from: dalebert on April 15, 2010, 09:04 AM NHFT
I can't remember much about it, but I was having some kind of apocalypse-themed dream.  I just recall that it wasn't that scary and I was taking it all in stride.

It's the end of the world as we know it,
but Dale feels fine.