• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

working opposite shifts to avoid daycare

Started by Jared, September 28, 2008, 07:33 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared

Quote from: Coconut on September 30, 2008, 06:36 PM NHFT
I think sending kids to government schools you pay for is not unprincipled. Make a big deal out of every little thing (if they 'force' kids to say the pledge), and teach your children the nature of authority. Government schools are mostly a monopoly, but the individuals in it still have some semblance of responsibility.

except that it's funded through the government aggression of taxation.

bouncer

Quote from: FreelanceFreedomFighter on September 30, 2008, 07:31 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on September 29, 2008, 09:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on September 28, 2008, 07:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on September 28, 2008, 07:33 PM NHFT
does anyone know of any ways to AVOID doing this?

You could always open up your own daycare business, and send your cubs there!

it's actually pretty tough to get started in this, although i know that my wife would LOVE to just watch a couple kids full time for work. in fact, if anybody reading this needs a full time babysitter (who keeps the tv off and the books open), let me know!

ASlong as you wait till they are six to give them live ammo  ;D

We looked into becoming a daycare facility. We could do this un-licensed (and we don't feel like we should have to be licensed by the same State that routinely takes kids, puts them in foster care, and allows them to be abused), BUT... The fines are huge if you're "caught" unlicensed. If you do go through the State licensing, you basically give up your privacy because the license gives the State the ability to come in at any time to check on your setup, your paperwork, etc. Regardless, I checked out how much the additional liability insurance would be and that is pretty high as well... unless you're going to watch 6-8 kids at a pretty good price. Also, I have all of my 1st aid & CPR certs, but the wife needs to get hers. We have to wait for the next class to be held. We still haven't ruled it out, but it will take some time to get everything together to do it if we decide to go that way. We already do educational toys, lots of books (got a little library going!), and good old fashioned human interaction. It would be just wonderful for the little tyke to be able to field strip a 9mm by 5 years old.   :o  :rofl: <- (smiley captioned for the humor impaired)

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Quote from: Jared on September 30, 2008, 03:01 PM NHFT

where are you located? maybe we could join forces in start a pro-freedom daycare :).

Hi Jared,

We're currently located in north central taxachusetts. We've been in the process of trying to sell and move to NH for several years, but have, unfortunately, been bitten by the current RE market. I have some land in NH, but no house. Have property in the southeast U.S. as well... Mainly because of these forums, we're looking at Keene for our move (when it occurs), but also have friends in other areas that we're looking at. Our goal is to make the move soon. With the economy, it may take awhile. Regardless, our "drop dead date" is sometime in 2012 (at the VERY latest... no matter what's going on with the economy!)...

FreelanceFreedomFighter

Quote from: bouncer on October 01, 2008, 05:33 PM NHFT

ASlong as you wait till they are six to give them live ammo  ;D

;D

This reminds me of a time around 7 years ago when I was pulled over (yeah, not long after the attacks). The officer noticed a tactical folding knife on the seat and had a conniption fit about it. I told him that I wasn't his enemy, had no intention of harming him and that if I did want to harm him I'd use the .38 on my hip, not the knife on the seat. THEN he realized that I was carrying and asked, "Do you have a license for that? Is it loaded?" To which I said, "I am lawfully carrying my firearm." and "It isn't any good if it isn't." He gave me a warning for a burned out tail-light.  ;)  :tiphat:

Soooo... If the kids can break down and reassemble the firearm to clean it, then they're old enough to learn the rules of using it. If they're old enough to learn the rules of using it, they're old enough to have the ammo!  :crazy3:

On a somewhat related note. At a large family get-together this past weekend, one of my brother-in-laws (who's extremely left-wing... just to the left of Stalin) asked me what I would do when (not if, but when) my little tyke grows up to be a "flaming liberal". I told him that if the kid was that stupid, I'd put him out of my misery, BUT... luckily, the kid has already shown more intelligence than any of the Statists that I know!  ::lloyds:: :punk:

Jared

Quote from: FreelanceFreedomFighter on October 02, 2008, 07:00 AM NHFT

where are you located? maybe we could join forces in start a pro-freedom daycare :).

Hi Jared,

We're currently located in north central taxachusetts. We've been in the process of trying to sell and move to NH for several years, but have, unfortunately, been bitten by the current RE market. I have some land in NH, but no house. Have property in the southeast U.S. as well... Mainly because of these forums, we're looking at Keene for our move (when it occurs), but also have friends in other areas that we're looking at. Our goal is to make the move soon. With the economy, it may take awhile. Regardless, our "drop dead date" is sometime in 2012 (at the VERY latest... no matter what's going on with the economy!)...

it seems the real estate situation is affecting a lot of free staters' plans right now. i know that it will probably effect our plans to move closer to deerfield. we had been looking for houses this summer, with no real luck so we decided to wait until winter...but after what has been happening, it seems unlikely we will be able to get approved for a decent loan : /.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Jared on October 02, 2008, 03:18 PM NHFT

Hi Jared,

it seems the real estate situation is affecting a lot of free staters' plans right now. i know that it will probably effect our plans to move closer to deerfield. we had been looking for houses this summer, with no real luck so we decided to wait until winter...but after what has been happening, it seems unlikely we will be able to get approved for a decent loan : /.

Save money, and wait until the subprime mortgage crisis fully bottoms out, and you might be able to buy property in cash...

Jared

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 02, 2008, 04:29 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jared on October 02, 2008, 03:18 PM NHFT

Hi Jared,

Save money, and wait until the subprime mortgage crisis fully bottoms out, and you might be able to buy property in cash...
i guess thats probably the best thing to do. problem is, even though it's technically a buyer's market right now, all the sellers have stopped selling! this summer, new properties showed up every day. now, its very rare that anything interesting pops up around here.