• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Revolvers.

Started by Puke, January 06, 2009, 05:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Puke

Who makes a good .357 Mag revolver.

I like the Taurus and S&W models. S&W's seem rather expensive though. Paying for the name?

Tom Sawyer

If you compare the Taurus to the S&W, the S&W has more steps in the machining processes. They radius the edges better etc. Not sure if that justifies all the additional expense though.

Puke

I have read that the Taurus weapons are more cheaply made.
But the price difference is several hundred dollars.
I just wonder if the higher S&W price is worth it?

Moebius Tripp

Know a decent gunsmith?  Might be able to make the Taurus operate as smoothly as the S&W.  Or try to find ranges with either/both and test em.  Might not make that much difference to you.

Puke

Quote from: Moebius Tripp on January 06, 2009, 08:13 PM NHFT
Know a decent gunsmith?  Might be able to make the Taurus operate as smoothly as the S&W.  Or try to find ranges with either/both and test em.  Might not make that much difference to you.

The article I read mentioned getting a Taurus polished up and such. In the end the author spent more on the Taurus than if he'd just bought a S&W.

From what folks say I seem inclined to pay more up front for a better product.

Tom Sawyer

We went to the Springfield Mass. S&W factory range/store. It was pretty cool, you can rent the guns to use on their range etc.

Nice guys although they require you to give them a Drivers License to touch a gun.

Puke

I like this here S&W model 620. S&W Website

Springfield isn't far away! That sounds like a fun trip.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Puke on January 07, 2009, 05:50 AM NHFT
I like this here S&W model 620. S&W Website

Sweet gun... go ahead and buy that... your Nikon camera and purty new gun, you bastard, I hate you. ;D

Jim Johnson

Tony can sweet'n up any gun for you.

S&W is a bunch Government butt kissing assholes.

Puke

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on January 07, 2009, 09:28 AM NHFT
Tony can sweet'n up any gun for you.

S&W is a bunch Government butt kissing assholes.

Oh yes, I forgot about Tony. S&W does have a large gov't following. Most links on Google for S&W lead to pig forums.

What about Ruger?
I rather like this version. Ruger GP100 / KGP-141

Or the medium frame Ruger SP101 / KSP-331X

Though the SP101 clearly needs better grips. I don't like those at all.

Jim Johnson

Bill St. Clair

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 07, 2009, 05:39 AM NHFT
We went to the Springfield Mass. S&W factory range/store. It was pretty cool, you can rent the guns to use on their range etc.

Nice guys although they require you to give them a Drivers License to touch a gun.

The S&W range is cool, but more expensive than the Manchester Firing Line, where you can also rent guns, including some that are full auto, and bring your own ammo, if you'd rather not buy from them.

Lloyd Danforth

After shooting at the S&W range you can stop here and get your serenity back.

http://www.magicwings.com/

Puke

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 07, 2009, 01:32 PM NHFT
After shooting at the S&W range you can stop here and get your serenity back.

http://www.magicwings.com/

Uhhhhh...

rmodel65