• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Who says organized religion isn't about control?

Started by geoff, May 08, 2009, 12:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

geoff

Pat McCotter

Quote from: geoff on May 08, 2009, 12:06 PM NHFT
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090508/ap_on_re_us/us_school_dance_flap

The handbook for the 84-student Christian school says rock music "is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds."

This proves it! This kid is rebelling!

KBCraig

Religion aside, organized education is pretty much about control.

akmisrmaadi

KBCraig

Moebius Tripp

The students have to sign some kind of agreement of obeisance in order to attend.  How much coercion is attendant on getting them to sign, I dunno.

akmisrmaadi

Quote from: KBCraig on May 09, 2009, 02:23 AM NHFT
Quote from: akmisrmaadi on May 08, 2009, 04:26 PM NHFT
they are doing it voluntarily

The students aren't.

who forced them to go to that school? and who forced them to sign a phony pledge? no one.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: akmisrmaadi on May 11, 2009, 12:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on May 09, 2009, 02:23 AM NHFT
Quote from: akmisrmaadi on May 08, 2009, 04:26 PM NHFT
they are doing it voluntarily

The students aren't.

who forced them to go to that school? and who forced them to sign a phony pledge? no one.

Mom and Dad.

geoff

the parents did probably at least apply heavy pressure on them to go to that school.  but i guess my point was that the religious zealots use guilt and the implied threat of going to hell to get people to act in the manner they want to.  i dont see a difference in most religions versus a "cult" other than the cults aren't mainstream approved. no one forced them to go to the school or sign, but someone probably said "you dont want to dissapoint God, do you?" or something to that affect. If they found it on their own and got into it then thats more understandable than "you will go to this school and obey God's rules that we interperet."

Ogre

I don't think children have all the freedoms of adults.

Keyser Soce

"Who says organized religion isn't about control?"

The delusional.

freeborn

geoff

Here's another one.  I bet I could keep these examples of religion used as control coming all day.  And if you think this wasn't "controlling," ask the little boys and girls if they were in control of themselves and not forced to be raped by these sick controllers.  What's that?  "Oh, but they weren't forced to be there," you say?  How many of the raped kids do you think wanted to leave after their cornholing and were forced to stay?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090520/ap_on_re_eu/eu_ireland_catholic_abuse

wolf

A famous bartender once said:

QuoteIf you are a farmer and want to raise hypocrites then open a church.

The amount of misery inflicted on fellow human beings in the name of religion is mind boggling.