• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton: Angry crowd blocked from "Obama-care event"

Started by Kat Kanning, August 04, 2009, 02:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

I heard he is upset about what the Sha heen people said about the event.

Kat Kanning

Jacobus

QuoteDon't ever call the police if you want to resolve your issue without guns. The police always bring guns.

This is great.  I want to put this in a frame and hang it on my wall.

Free libertarian

The person that was there was our "Representative's representative".  Jeanne Shaheen wasn't there so I spoke with a Ms. Slack apparently one of Senator Shaheens staffers.

I did wait in line and once inside asked two questions of the Rep's Rep. I asked if she could explain where in the Constitution mandatory healthcare was permitted. Not that I think the Constitution is the perfect document but I think it's always amusing to hear their answers.  I also asked if Senator Shaheen supported using force against me since I would not submit to mandatory health care. They're supposed to send me a written response.  Maybe I'll write back and we'll become pen pals! Whoop de doo!

Oh sorry I missed the Hoyt Farm contingent. Got there a little late, Lloyd and I were busy hating government over a plate of fresh eggs and bacon.

KBCraig

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on August 07, 2009, 04:15 PM NHFT
Anti-health care protesters?  I find that hard to believe.

That seems to be a talking point. The lead editorial in my local paper for Saturday is, "Shouting down health care".

As if.  ::)

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

I attended the "meet your representative thingy" at the Grafton town hall a few weeks back and was able to speak to er "my representatives representative." Apparently Jeanne Shaheen was busy elsewhere. Long story short, I asked two specific questions and was assured I would get specific answers on my questions from Senator Shaheen not a form letter.

My questions were
1) Where in the Constitution is "free health care" permitted?
2) If I do not wish to participate, (I specifically said I wasn't going to) will Senator Shaheen approve of the use of force against me?

A couple of days ago, I got my reply letter.  Yawn...it was a form letter cheerleading the merits of healthcare.  I'm not at all surprised, and I know most of you aren't either but I thought I'd mention it.  Perhaps I will have some fun and establish a penpal relationship with my representatives representative as I'm sure it was just an oversight.  ::) 

Russell Kanning

BillKauffman

Maybe it fits under the "general welfare" clause?

The preamble to the Constitution states:

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Article 1, Section 8 states:

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States."

KBCraig

Quote from: BillKauffman on October 02, 2009, 08:47 PM NHFT
Maybe it fits under the "general welfare" clause?

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States;..."

Nope.

The "general Welfare of the United States" means exactly that: viability of the states, not the people.

Where the Constitution says "States", it means "States", and where it says "the people", it means "the people".