New Hampshire Underground

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fitzwilliam  (Read 945 times)

bile

• Independent Thinker
    • Liberty Activism Repository
Fitzwilliam
« on: August 31, 2009, 02:00 PM NHFT »

Anyone have any comments about the town/area? Cellphone coverage, police, local shopping areas etc?

cathleeninnh

• Den Mother
  • Mischievous
Re: Fitzwilliam
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 02:05 PM NHFT »

Haven't a clue, sorry.

Kat Kanning

• Administrator
  • Enemy of the State
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:33 PM NHFT »

It's a really cute little town.  I like it there.  But if you want to know how it is to live there, ask Wayne who co-hosts on FTL sometimes.

dalebert

• Middle Initials are T.M.I.
  • Insider
  • Enemy of the State
  • Freedom- it's what's in your head
    • Prometheus Unchained
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 06:11 PM NHFT »

Funny that it's so close and yet I've never been there. Guess I'd need a reason to go.

bile

• Independent Thinker
    • Liberty Activism Repository
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 06:27 PM NHFT »

It doesn't appear that there is much there. Looks like there was a nice inn but it seems it's been closed. Looks like I'd be spending my time in Rindge and Keene if I decide to buy this place I'm looking at.

If I do get the place you all are welcome to visit. Laur can't really move up just yet and won't be able to for about a year so it'll be just me until she's done with school. :-/ We'll see how it goes. Should this work out I'd be moving in the end of October.

TackleTheWorld

• Insider
  • Troublemaker
  • Shucks folks, I'm speechless.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 07:31 PM NHFT »

You can describe Fitzwilliam, and almost every New Hampshire town as a heavily forested village with a a rustic town center, ancient houses, an antique shop, a dunkin' donuts and not much else.  What is different from other towns is that its right on the MA border, and about a 30 minute drive to get anywhere else.

Lloyd Danforth

• Global Moderator
  • Enemy of the State
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 08:06 PM NHFT »

You can describe Fitzwilliam, and almost every New Hampshire town as a heavily forested village with a a rustic town center, ancient houses, an antique shop, a dunkin' donuts and not much else.  What is different from other towns is that its right on the MA border, and about a 30 minute drive to get anywhere else.
You pretty much nailed NH towns except for the General gas/pizza/video/food Store.

Friday

• Shire Liberty News: spotlighting activism in New Hampshire
  • Insider
  • Enemy of the State
  • TANSTAAFL
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 09:41 PM NHFT »

You pretty much nailed NH towns except for the General gas/pizza/video/food Store.
and that should be "six dunkin' donuts" rather than "a".  (By the way, there should really be a donut emoticon.)

Pat K

• Freakstater, BellyBop
  • Insider
  • Enemy of the State
  • Steaming towards Freedom
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 02:45 AM NHFT »

cathleeninnh

• Den Mother
  • Mischievous
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 08:55 AM NHFT »

Ours is also a gun shop.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up