• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fitzwilliam

Started by bile, August 31, 2009, 01:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bile

Anyone have any comments about the town/area? Cellphone coverage, police, local shopping areas etc?

cathleeninnh

Kat Kanning

It's a really cute little town.  I like it there.  But if you want to know how it is to live there, ask Wayne who co-hosts on FTL sometimes.

dalebert

Funny that it's so close and yet I've never been there. Guess I'd need a reason to go.

bile

It doesn't appear that there is much there. Looks like there was a nice inn but it seems it's been closed. Looks like I'd be spending my time in Rindge and Keene if I decide to buy this place I'm looking at.

If I do get the place you all are welcome to visit. Laur can't really move up just yet and won't be able to for about a year so it'll be just me until she's done with school. :-/ We'll see how it goes. Should this work out I'd be moving in the end of October.

TackleTheWorld

You can describe Fitzwilliam, and almost every New Hampshire town as a heavily forested village with a a rustic town center, ancient houses, an antique shop, a dunkin' donuts and not much else.  What is different from other towns is that its right on the MA border, and about a 30 minute drive to get anywhere else.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on August 31, 2009, 06:31 PM NHFT
You can describe Fitzwilliam, and almost every New Hampshire town as a heavily forested village with a a rustic town center, ancient houses, an antique shop, a dunkin' donuts and not much else.  What is different from other towns is that its right on the MA border, and about a 30 minute drive to get anywhere else.
You pretty much nailed NH towns except for the General gas/pizza/video/food Store.

Friday

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 31, 2009, 07:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: TackleTheWorld on August 31, 2009, 06:31 PM NHFT
You pretty much nailed NH towns except for the General gas/pizza/video/food Store.
and that should be "six dunkin' donuts" rather than "a".  (By the way, there should really be a donut emoticon.)

Pat K

cathleeninnh

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 31, 2009, 07:06 PM NHFT

Ours is also a gun shop.  :)