• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

420 protests and the medical marijuana override

Started by Rocketman, October 04, 2009, 02:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: MengerFan on October 09, 2009, 09:42 AM NHFT
Quote from: ny2nh on October 09, 2009, 07:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: thinkliberty on October 09, 2009, 06:42 AM NHFT
Quotea person who is diagnosed with a serious illness late in life may have no idea where he or she can turn for relief.

That is no longer a problem.

These people need to show up at the 420 events to find relief. We are in keene and manchester at the park 7 days a week.

I think this is maybe the single most ignorant comment I have read yet. That's your solution? These extremely ill patients should come down to the park for relief? Someone dying of cancer in Tilton should what hop on a bus and come on down for an afternoon in the park?

Seems not particularly more unreasonable than expecting them to get fingerprinted and registered on a recurring basis and traveling to one of three depots in the state, each having their supply arbitrarily limited by decree.

this

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 09, 2009, 07:26 AM NHFT
Has Matt's position changed since I made this video at the Boston Freedom Rally.

Possibly. Politics is a gateway drug. Once someone gets a taste of Power, they want more and more of it.

AntonLee

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 09, 2009, 06:54 AM NHFT
Blueberry soda and Johnny Cash? :puke: ;D

it's not always Blueberry Soda (delicious) sometimes I drink OJ and pineapple juice, sometimes its just diet coke.  It's not always Johnny Cash, sometimes it's Elvis, sometimes it's the Spinners.  It's always some old crap however.

don't tell Maxx, he might come down and tell me that CD is not welcome in his town.

AntonLee

I thought NH Common Sense.org didn't support smoking marijuana in public places.  Hell, there could be KIDS there at the park!  Not only kids, but full size goats and human CHILDREN!!!!

THEY MIGHT SMELL THE WEED AND INSTANTLY DIE!!!!

It is hypocritical, it's against the policies of NHCommonSense to smoke in a park but they'll go ahead and trek down to Boston Common and try and gather people to join them.  Maybe they should try the same thing in Manchester, Keene, and Derry (and the place up north that I'm not sure of the town).

ny2nh

Quote from: sandm000 on October 09, 2009, 08:10 AM NHFT
Quote from: ny2nh on October 09, 2009, 07:12 AM NHFT
How many people in your office actually come out and vote?

In order to pass any sort of decrim bill, people need to elect people who might be willing to support it. All the protests in the world can't force a legislator who refuses to support a bill to support it.

People need to elect better legislators. In order to do that, they need to vote. Otherwise they are just Monday morning querterbacks.
Quite a few vote, but not nearly half. But still public opinion on the matter is shifting. You can feel it. And who knows, maybe some enterprising group could run one-issue candidates who are only voting 'Yes' on marijuana legislation.

I guess I am just a realist when it comes to getting elected. The people who want the most change seem to be the least likely to vote. If people would actually vote and get other people to vote, change would happen a lot faster.

AntonLee

I voted for a long time, nothing good came of it.  I used to get my friends to vote by driving them there and smoking them up afterwards (followed by some chineseish food), still nothing.

Seems like my vote doesn't actually get me the representation I wanted.  I guess that means that I'm not really represented.  I kept on voting, but aw shucks those jerks I didn't vote for kept getting elected.

Lloyd Danforth

You've probably never before had a chance to vote for the kind of folks who will be running(and winning) in NH due to the FSP.
Takes 5 minutes to register, a little research at the NHLA on candidates and, another 5 minutes to vote.

AntonLee

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 09, 2009, 06:15 PM NHFT
You've probably never before had a chance to vote for the kind of folks who will be running(and winning) in NH due to the FSP.
Takes 5 minutes to register, a little research at the NHLA on candidates and, another 5 minutes to vote.

never said I wouldn't once I'm in the Shire.  I just find it icky and stupid for the most part.  Once I'm in NH I'll give it another chance.

Friday

Quote from: dalebert on October 07, 2009, 11:31 AM NHFT
Both sides are entrenched and "hiding behind principles". We don't have to agree to have peace. We don't have to be friends to have peace. We just have to stop fighting each other. You can curse at the heavens that the planets don't circle the sun the way you want them to but your rage isn't going to change their orbit. It's just feeding back into your own frustration. At some point we have to have the wisdom to let go of what (or whom) we can't control or we're just tormenting ourselves. There's not much new to be said. I'm sure some future event will spark yet another debate and maybe new experiences will give people something new to think about and maybe some people will eventually change their points of view, but this horse has been beaten to death. After a while it quickly becomes obvious that the debate is just more of the same points being repeated with increasing fervor. It's going nowhere. It's time to let go of it. I, for one, have better things to devote my attention to and I'm sure you and Matt do as well.

:clap:

I wrote a long screed to add to this thread.  It was a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.   ;)  Then I thought, aw, fuck it.  No one's listening anyway.

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 09, 2009, 07:38 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on October 09, 2009, 12:11 AM NHFT
I like the avatar to I was just pointing out there could be multiple
reasons for smiting.
sure you can like the avatar .... sure you can support Friday's/Alice's right to smite and be smitten ... but where will you and your pot smoking buddies be when the smiting turns to fists of death
I denounce your open joking and rabble rousing and HL Menken quoting. You should be quiet and take your ideas to the proper authorities.

HA!! You are just trying to appease the Fists of death!
I laugh, laugh  at the Fists of death.

Well I do online,anyway.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: AntonLee on October 10, 2009, 04:10 AM NHFT

never said I wouldn't once I'm in the Shire.  I just find it icky and stupid for the most part.  Once I'm in NH I'll give it another chance.
Ya got the Icky part right.  If in say, 20 years it definately doesn't seem to be working, you can call it stupid and go piss on my grave.

thinkliberty

Obama won the presidential vote in NH, I don't think your kind of folks have a chance in NH yet, due to the FSP.

Ron paul did not even get 25% of the vote last year in NH.

On top of that the voting machines don't record votes properly. So even if you do vote, your vote is not counted.

Video evidence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiiaBqwqkXs

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Pat K on October 10, 2009, 08:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 09, 2009, 07:38 AM NHFT
sure you can like the avatar .... sure you can support Friday's/Alice's right to smite and be smitten ... but where will you and your pot smoking buddies be when the smiting turns to fists of death
I denounce your open joking and rabble rousing and HL Menken quoting. You should be quiet and take your ideas to the proper authorities.

HA!! You are just trying to appease the Fists of death!
I laugh, laugh  at the Fists of death.

Well I do online,anyway.
;D ;D

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: thinkliberty on October 10, 2009, 08:42 AM NHFT

Obama won the presidential vote in NH, I don't think your kind of folks have a chance in NH yet, due to the FSP.

Ron paul did not even get 25% of the vote last year in NH.

On top of that the voting machines don't record votes properly. So even if you do vote, your vote is not counted.

Video evidence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiiaBqwqkXs

25%? LOL, He didnt even get 9%. A whopping 8% of liberty loving New Hampsherites voted for Dr Paul in the primary.