• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

420 protests and the medical marijuana override

Started by Rocketman, October 04, 2009, 02:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

means and ends are the same
if we disagree about the current way to do things, then I would guess we have different goals also

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Mike Barskey on October 05, 2009, 11:42 AM NHFT
Sam, I think most of your songs are brilliant (this one especially, because of the original song). It would sure be great to have a CD of all of these. Are there any musicians out there, and singers, who would like to record a few songs? I'll make the CDs. We can then have them to hand out at events or sell or give away on the web, etc.
I would sing Sam's "Rocketman" .... i can't play anything but the kazoo and table top percussion

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Mike Barskey on October 05, 2009, 01:52 PM NHFT
Also, if deleting your account will remove your posts on this forum, please don't do it! Please leave these posts for others to read and learn from.
we don't let people delete their accounts anymore, so we can read the posts and search for stuff

Russell Kanning

Quote from: lildog on October 05, 2009, 04:01 PM NHFT
Maybe a month or two later you'll see some arrests but they'll be quiet because the protests will be long since done.
What Matt is doing however has a chance at a real result.  If this bill passes and the feds kick down doors despite the state allowing it you'll see public support for legalization grow.
why would the 420 stuph die down and future arrests mean no publicity, but a bill passing and future arrests will cause public support to grow?

the government has taught you to use their treadmill .... the smokers in keene and manchester decided to hop off

dalebert

Russell, has this thread become eligible for Endless Debate and Whining yet?  :)

lildog

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 06, 2009, 06:39 AM NHFT
Quote from: lildog on October 05, 2009, 04:01 PM NHFT
Maybe a month or two later you'll see some arrests but they'll be quiet because the protests will be long since done.
What Matt is doing however has a chance at a real result.  If this bill passes and the feds kick down doors despite the state allowing it you'll see public support for legalization grow.
why would the 420 stuph die down and future arrests mean no publicity, but a bill passing and future arrests will cause public support to grow?

the government has taught you to use their treadmill .... the smokers in keene and manchester decided to hop off

As the novelty of the 420 events dies off people will be less inclined to show up.  Its basic human nature.

As for arrests, drug arrests happen every single day.  What makes you think that an arrest a month or two from now of someone who showed up once or twice at a 420 event, or an arrest of a dealer who supplied someone at a 420 event would be news worthy?  The news will never make the connection, and if it's not reported it may well have never happened as far as the public is concerned.

thinkliberty

Quote from: Rocketman on October 06, 2009, 03:06 AM NHFT
The patients and their advocates are the ones begging me to make you stop.  Don't do it for me... I AM an asshole.

I agree that you are an asshole.

I am a patient. I am begging everyone to go to the 420 protests today and everyday, until marijuana is legalized for everyone,

Rocketman's bill is too little and too late. I would be dead if his law was passed and I followed it. "...that has not responded to previously prescribed medication or surgical measures for more than 3 months," -- No one can go 3 months without eating.

Please don't stop protesting.

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: thinkliberty on October 06, 2009, 08:28 AM NHFT
Quote from: Rocketman on October 06, 2009, 03:06 AM NHFT
The patients and their advocates are the ones begging me to make you stop.  Don't do it for me... I AM an asshole.

I agree that you are an asshole.

I am a patient. I am begging everyone to go to the 420 protests today and everyday, until marijuana is legalized for everyone,

Rocketman's bill is too little and too late. I would be dead if his law was passed and I followed it. "...that has not responded to previously prescribed medication or surgical measures for more than 3 months," -- No one can go 3 months without eating.

Please don't stop protesting.

+1

dalebert

Quote from: lildog on October 06, 2009, 07:50 AM NHFT
As for arrests, drug arrests happen every single day.  What makes you think that an arrest a month or two from now of someone who showed up once or twice at a 420 event, or an arrest of a dealer who supplied someone at a 420 event would be news worthy?  The news will never make the connection, and if it's not reported it may well have never happened as far as the public is concerned.

I can understand you not getting it since maybe you don't follow the activism going on in Keene, but there are a lot of arrests that would have gone unnoticed were it not for a growing support network making sure they got proper attention. I believe the biggest and best thing we're doing here is making government action much more public than they would prefer. They like to sweep all their violence under the rug if they can get away with it. So much about maintaining government power is PR.

thinkliberty

Sam, I think most of your songs are brilliant (this one especially, because of the original song). It would sure be great to have a CD of all of these. Are there any musicians out there, and singers, who would like to record a few songs? I'll make the CDs. We can then have them to hand out at events or sell or give away on the web, etc.

I will re-record Sam's kangaroo court song (http://www.soundclick.com/thinkliberty), if you want to put out a CD.

I can do guitar on songs, if other people want to get involved.

Rocketman

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 06, 2009, 06:29 AM NHFT
I would sing Sam's "Rocketman" .... i can't play anything but the kazoo and table top percussion

You guys would sing, and record, a song that says I am a snitch.  Hmm, if only I believed in suing people... see, this is why I wanted to know who my friends are.

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Rocketman on October 06, 2009, 09:34 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 06, 2009, 06:29 AM NHFT

You guys would sing, and record, a song that says I am a snitch.  Hmm, if only I believed in suing people... see, this is why I wanted to know who my friends are.

If THIS was about knowing who your friends are, it was about as effective as posting bulletin on myspace (and myspace alone) saying "my true friends will repost, everyone else can go fuck themselves". Seriously, if you were looking to see who your friends are, you sure went about it the wrong way. Coming to a freedom forum, and telling freedom loving people to step in line or step off? Smooth, real smooth. And I honestly feel bad for you, because one day soon you will realize all of this, and then you'll be kicking yourself in the ass with every step you take.

I have [had] great respect for you, what you've done, and the way you choose to go about doing it. But all that went out the door when you effectively said "My way is the only way, all other ways are blasphemy, and those who practice the other ways are heretics".

Jesus, this goes beyond "pulling a homer". We're going to have to come up with a new name for it.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Sovereign Curtis on October 06, 2009, 09:40 AM NHFT
Jesus, this goes beyond "pulling a homer". We're going to have to come up with a new name for it.

This is so far the only thing that I hope does not come to be called "pulling a Barskey." :)

dalebert

Quote from: Mike Barskey on October 06, 2009, 09:57 AM NHFT
This is so far the only thing that I hope does not come to be called "pulling a Barskey." :)

Don't worry about that. A Barskey is something that requires pushing. And a lot of lube helps.

Giggan

Wow, it's a bit of a bummer to see such a rift between such dedicated activists.

Though perhaps we should all take a step back and delight in the reality that the liberty movement has reached a milestone in NH, in that people within the movement are actually debating whether there is "too much activism" going on.