• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Grafton County FIJA

Started by Kat Kanning, January 29, 2010, 05:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

It's almost that time of the month again...I wonder if the plant smoking woman (tobacco) that wants to put me in a cage will acknowledge my existence as a peaceful human being this month or will she walk by me again pretending I do not exist as she has in previous months?

You see that particular woman "just doing her job" that has been assigned the task in Grafton County justice theater of putting my ass in jail (albeit with the assistance of a wide cast of others) likes to smoke her cigarettes outside the entrance to the courthouse where we conduct the monthly jury nullification outreach. 

Even though her plant smoking habit is deadly,  I don't want to keep her from  excercising her right of control over her own body.  That would be morally wrong.  I don't own her, she does.

I wonder why she grants herself rights she would deny others?  I wonder if she ever reads this thread or how she can sleep at night, knowing her hypocrisy is so blatant.  I guess some people can rationalize anything for a paycheck.  I wonder how she would feel if somebody put her in jail for smoking a cigarette, stole her lifes savings and her house over her choice of using a more dangerous plant than Cannabis?

Being paid to enforce bad laws could give a person alot of stress though, not to mention battling the cognitive dissonance monster that any thinking human being would have to face in her shoes. 

I wonder how many innocent lives she has ruined and tried to rationalize her way around it in those quiet moments  every thinking person has?  She can't really be ignorant of the harm she particpates in, can she?

TalleyTV

Bonus: This prosecutor is paid in part by a grant from the U.S. government to wage their war on our peaceful neighbors over drugs. It's disgusting that they call it a "justice" system.

MTPorcupine3

Bob will be on the other side that day. Who would like to join me?

TalleyTV

Rich:

I posted your request to Free Grafton's Facebook Page.

Should the growing number of Shire Activists who are concerned about the State's treatment of Bob show up that day as well? There has been some talk of people holding signs and this may be a time and place for the Peaceful Assembly Choir to perform. Talley.TV will be reporting from the court that day.

Free libertarian

Neither cold, nor wind, nor northern New Hampshire snow can keep the Grafton County Superior Court jury selection pool from being informed.   Got it done 12/6/10. 

feralfae

Whenever you need FIJA literature, please just give us a nudge at aji@fija.org, and I will make sure a package goes out to you.  If you have specific requests from the stuff on the http://www.fija.org FIJA web site, just let me know.
ff

Free libertarian

KBCraig

Quote from: Free libertarian on December 19, 2010, 09:26 PM NHFT
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2010/dec/19/montana_marijuana_prosecution_ru

Montana jury "revolts" .  Refuses to convict on marijuana charge.

Sort of. The jury wasn't seated, because they couldn't find 12 people who would agree to convict for marijuana possession.

What's bizarre is that he and his attorney took a plea bargain on the felony charge of dealing, and agreed to suspending 19 years of a 20 year sentence. Every minute of this guy's life is going to be under scrutiny until that 19 years is up.

If I was the lawyer, I'd have forced them to seat a jury and take it to trial. If they had to search the whole county to find a dozen who would convict, it would show pretty clear evidence of jury maniupulation in favor of prosecution.

Free libertarian

^^^ It's easy to speculate on what we might do in a  given situation, but we never really know the variables in another person's life that cause them to make their decisions.  The lawyer
may have  been in on the decision, but he gets to go home at night to his warm bed, regardless of the "lesser evil" the accused had to choose from .   

Jury Nullification awareness is still in it's infancy, for the accused to  have caught another "break" would have been nice, but it is far from a given.   I've driven many miles and stood in the cold to hand out fliers, hundreds, maybe thousands of them.  I'm an obvious supporter of Jury Nullification, yet I still don't think the level of awareness of the average juror is even close to be able to assume that a second stroke of "luck" would occur, maybe in Montana, but not in N.H. .  Although I sincerely hope to be proven wrong.  I don't mean to be sour or whiny but we have a long way to go to raise awareness in this state. Frankly we're not there yet, not enough has been done.

Also the accused had to weigh the potential vindictiveness of the prosecuter and judge  into his decision.  It's very likely he would have gotten spanked harder for the actions of the first set of jurors, people in positions of power have been known to be less than compassionate when somebody plays in their sandbox, no?

I'm pleased that potential jurors came through.  Heck I wouldn't be surprised if "somebody" printed out the article and it started showing up in public places, like court houses etc. (gee who would do THAT?) but IMHO it's too early to  rely on back to back nullification as likely.

Silent_Bob

I have an idea...

Wouldn't it be great if there were road signs on popular routes to court houses telling people about FIJA and /or the jury's inherent right to nullify bad laws?   

Lloyd Danforth

TalleyTV

I'll help put the sign up. The emperor expressed interest in helping paint the sign. The website for NHJury.com is up but no one is producing content for it. What else needs to be done?

Also, if this does happen it would be a good episode of Talley.TV. But so far I've just witnessed a lot of discussion with little action.

Lloyd Danforth

Because it's harder than pointing a  camera

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 20, 2010, 06:55 PM NHFT

A little more effort than typing.   ;D

Not sure who your comment is directed at... Jason puts a lot of work into his productions. I greatly appreciate his effort, especially seeing as I can't afford to do it anymore. Compelling video production is much more than owning a camera, it is at least a days labor, several thousand dollars worth of equipment and the hard earned ability to operate the tools.

TalleyTV

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 20, 2010, 06:55 PM NHFT

Looks like I'll be doing both camera pointing and sign making. But I look forward to it since I came to Free Grafton be be an activist. I'll feel proud when I drive by a sign that I helped create.

Thanks for your kind words, Mr. Sawyer. Coming from a pro like yourself they are very much appreciated. The fact is, it's all a great deal of fun.