• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Concord to Keene?

Started by Grunt, January 24, 2005, 09:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt

Ok, I can take the train or plane from Philadelphia to COncord, but can I get from Concord to Keene? Bus? Train?

Any helpful hints?

Thanks  ;D

Kat Kanning

You talking about commuting?  Or you talking about a one time deal?  I'm sure we could give you a ride if you're visiting.

Grunt

Well, that certainly would make things easier, THANKS!  :)  All I need is to be dumped off at a hotel so I can get ready for the scouting mission.

I guess I will want to check out as many apartment complexes and individual rentals as possible. It should be a day or two operation maybe? As soon as my wife and I find an apartment that we can agree on, well drop a security deposit then come back as soon as the utilities are on.

I am just as concerned about the civility of the Keene city hall motor vehicle person. I wont have a NH drivers license so I hope there is no problem. I already found some used cars in Keene. Might even be some left by the time I arrive!

Russell Kanning

Are you going to just check out Keene or are you looking in other areas also?

Grunt

I doubt I will be able to do more then Keene in a single trip. My budget does not allow extended recon. My primary goal is to find a suitable apartment, buy a cheap car, then spend the rest of 2005 exploring the state in the hopes of finding a long term place that suits out tastes.

rothamerica

We've got a couple of 2 bedroom apartments available in our complex in Peterborough.  They go for between $700 and $760 a month, with heat included.  Just in case you might be interested... 8)

Kat Kanning

When are you thinking of coming, Grunt?

Grunt

Im not sure where Peterborough is, Ill check the map. I need to be somewhere really close to a supermarket as I will not have transportation for some odd weeks.

The limiting factor, for now, is getting a visa for my new wife. Estemate 3-4 months. So figure late May early June.

rothamerica

Peterborough is at the junction of Routes 101 & 202, halfway between Keene and Nashua.  We're a town of approximately 6000 people, with 2 shopping centers, complete with pharmacy, supermarket, state liquor store, banks, etc.  About 25 minutes east of Keene.  All located in the beautiful Contoocook Valley, in the shadows of Mt. Monadnock, Temple Mountain and Crotched Mountain.  I've lived here for 30 years, and love it more and more each day.

Grunt

Hmm...that does sound pretty nice. Is there any FSP activity there aside from yourself? Do they allow Goyim such as myself to walk around unattended?   8)

rothamerica

Lori and I are pretty much it as far as the FSP goes, so we certainly invite all of the help we can get.  Peterborough is a great town to walk around in...nobody bothers you.  The police here are real nice and friendly (I mean that in a sincere way) and are glad to help.  It tends to be moderately Democrat, but that will change over time. ;D

Kat Kanning

I see two FSP members and two "friends" of the FSP in Peterborough.  Lori doesn't appear to be in there.  Scott was the only one I knew out of that list.

Grunt

I think I will need to be at a hub of FSP activity to feel like I am doing something productive. 6000 people sounds nice for retirement, but Im only 35 and theres alot fo work to be done. But again, sounds like a really nice place.

rothamerica

Kat, do you have any idea who the two "Members" are?  I would love to contact them.

Russell Kanning

Peterborough would be a nice place to live. I think you will like most of NH. We won't know where all the FSP type activity will be. We have more than our fair share here in Keene, but for total volume there will eventually be tons of people in Nashua/Manchester/Concord. We are spread all over the state and we will be working with native NH liberty lovers everywhere, so the action will be statewide. :)