• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press

Started by Russell Kanning, October 25, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

dawn

This is an excellent idea! Would it be possible to have a link on the home page to other local towns, like Winchester?

I would suggest that people start attending local meetings and post their notes to KFP. I could do that for Winchester since I attend a number of meetings already. From that experience, I know first hand that what you can read in the Sentinel is quite biased, when they are supposed to be reporting the facts. There are the biggies like school board and city council, but there must be tons of little committees and boards of elected and/or appointed citizens who are making decisions all the time that impact the citizens of the town/city.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dawn on October 31, 2005, 07:15 AM NHFT
This is an excellent idea! Would it be possible to have a link on the home page to other local towns, like Winchester?
We will do as much Winchester news as we can get our hands on. Just email us anything you have and point your friends to it. We don't have a convenient url yet, but you can send them the link or to nhfree.
We will be doing anything news related at all. It we want it to appeal to everyone, not just us crazy radicals. :)

Friday

Russell, maybe you should get a police scanner! I hear they're very entertaining, and you'll be able to report on things that don't even make it into the newspaper.

Russell Kanning

oh yea .... we could hear about all the craziness ... calls for donut runs ....everything. :)

Russell Kanning

jgmaynard

And THINK of the access! "Sir, you're not permitted in here..." "I'm with Keene Free Press" <flash silly card> "Right this way..." :D

JM

Russell Kanning

Yea .... we might as well play those games. It won't take long for us to have more reporters showing up at their door than the Sentinel. :)

Michael Fisher

I'm beginning to catch on to your free press idea, although the Burlington Free Press was a festering pile of communist garbage, so I am opposed to the name of it.

I've been thinking about starting a local newspaper for a while now and the Newmarket Free Press (or a better name preferably) at newmarket.nhfree.com would be the way to go.  :)

More press outlets will mean less centralized control over the flow of facts, events, and other community information.  Because the papers are online at first, there are no costs.

We can report on things that are REALLY important rather than what most press outlets find important.   ::) ;D

Russell Kanning

jgmaynard

You know, I have always been annoyed by the Massachusetts media with their investigative reports "Cars are actually allowed to turn right, where they can run over people on the sidewalk. Why doesn't government protect us from cars turning right?" - It would be great fun to do investigative reporting on government waste/corruption... :d

JM

Russell Kanning

We are looking at the budget .... but maybe the first issue can be the new code enforcement guy .... we don't need one.

Russell Kanning

I was thinking of doing some interviews about churches and the IRS.
http://www.allsaints-pas.org/all_saints_church.htm

What do you guys think?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on November 10, 2005, 08:33 AM NHFT
I was thinking of doing some interviews about churches and the IRS.
http://www.allsaints-pas.org/all_saints_church.htm

What do you guys think?

Yea, how about an article about churches tying up valuable property and not paying property taxes?