• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Free Press

Started by Russell Kanning, October 25, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

Quote from: Pat K on October 26, 2005, 12:29 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 25, 2005, 08:45 PM NHFT
You can have us over for a skating party!

PatK?

Don't look at me I don't know how to skate, I also don't think it a good idea to put all this mass in motion standing on things that don't have brakes.

Pat I do have beer and the ice would keep it cold.

Pat K

O-k then I'M in. Kevin while I'M not graceful I might be the least clumsy 400 pound 5 foot 8 inch man you will ever meet.

Russell Kanning

Maynard .... could you do a weekly science or astronomy article and we can advertise your book?

citizen_142002

I am in Keene a lot. I'll feed you any news that I catch first hand. I'm in Keene lat at night quite often, and I often end up playing chase the flashing blue lights, so I'll keep you posted on anything interesting.
Have you considered collecting donations for advertising?

Russell Kanning

Give us any news you have from Nelson or Keene. Just send it to me by email and we will post it asap. :)

Dave Ridley

I tend to think we should just call the new indie media outlet "nhfree.com"

Russell Kanning

maybe .... we can see how it goes.

Russell Kanning

Forbes take on Blogs and other alternate media:
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=3177
Oh no! I found this article on one of those useless blogs.

"Web logs are the prized platform of an online lynch mob spouting liberty but spewing lies, libel and invective. Their potent allies in this pursuit include Google and Yahoo."

Man do they have me and my friends pegged or what?

Russell Kanning

Kat had the idea to use this platform for putting pressure on city officials. We can haunt them and ask/publish their answers. We meet people all the time who complain about property taxes. We can start quoting them and asking the bureaucrats about how they can lower them by say ..... 10% like we have discussed here.
So mister city manager .... I was talking with a little old lady 2 days ago who says she can't afford the property taxes. Are you willing to take a 10% pay cut in your $107,000 salary to start saving her money?

We might as well start putting heat on the local officials ..... we have been hard enough on poor Seth, with our tough questions. :)

Russell Kanning

Local action is easier. The best thing I could do is bring down the federal government, but that will take a little longer.

Russell Kanning

Hey the mayor wants us to come and ask questions. :)

"I encourage you to work with your City Council representatives to ask questions about whatever concerns you. The Man of the 20th Century, Albert Einstein, said, "Never stop asking questions." The doors to City Hall and to the Mayor's Office are always open to those desiring meetings. We are indeed blessed with an outstanding array of knowledgeable department heads and staff. They are all ready and willing to help in any way they can. We are all public servants, and we all have the same goal--to keep Keene the envy of the rest of the state!"

jgmaynard

I could probably whip up a weekly article.......

I want to move the KeeneNH.US stuff to cheshirecommunications.com - that may take a little while, but afterwards, the KeeneNH.US name could be used for KFP, although I like keenefreepress.com.

An interview with Blastos could help.. ummmmm.. blast it off! :d

JM

Friday

This is a great idea, guys!  It can be locally oriented, yet work as a long-distance outreach tool at the same time.

While a final name is still being debated, I'd like to suggest some form of "Observer", the name of a seditious Boston newspaper in revolutionary times.

Russell Kanning

Keene Free Press has grown on us and we have already been telling people about it.

Russell Kanning

Computers and Modern Anarchy
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1867945,00.asp
"But does that mean the general phenomenon is a reflection of a bigger desire for no controls whatsoever—in other words, for true anarchy? I can't see any other explanation."