• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Help getting a mail drop

Started by Projectinel, December 31, 2010, 10:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Projectinel

I live out of a van and as such require proof of residency. This would be accomplished by having mail sent to a home or business address in New Hampshire. I would only require a few pieces of mail, including a license sent there. I would even be willing to provide compensation for your assistance.

Anyone who could help me do this would be much appreciated!

Free libertarian

You may already know but people might be reluctant to commit if they don't know or haven't met you.  Also the last guy that passes through that lived in a van didn't endear himself to many people.  Not trying to discourage or disparage you,  but thought you should know.  With that said, good luck.

dalebert

2nded.  There are some serious potential liability issues with getting mail for someone, particularly someone who might want to engage in agorist endeavors.  Get to know people before you expect them to receive mail for you.

If you're truly homeless, I believe you can talk to Hundred Nights about an address to use for certain things, probably including some things you spoke of.

John

Are you the same guy who responded to this (email):

Hi Jack,
Sorry, but I recently decided to take on some other important projects and I can't take on any more right now. I wish I could be more helpful, but I'm limited. Again, sorry.
Good luck and, Peace,
John

With this:

What a pain in the ass, it's just a few pieces of mail. Anyway, are
you smf@nhunderground.com?

John

Quote from: Free libertarian on January 01, 2011, 06:16 PM NHFTAlso the last guy that passes through that lived in a van didn't endear himself to many people.

Like this "Fed"  :glasses7: in a van guy? http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=19540.msg312213#msg312213

Projectinel

You have a good point with regard to taking precautions... but on the other hand that could be security state paranoia bullshit that stops us from uniting. It is hard for me to judge, but I know people tend to talk big but not even act small (ie take any action that involves a small amount of risk) for the sake of their cause.

I would really like to see an internet community walk the walk with a passion... but it seems that even you guys have been scared stiff by the security state.

Tom Sawyer

How about you fuck off asshole. You have no idea of the efforts of the people who gather here.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

I don't know. I thought Tom's response was reasonable.  1. Projectinal thinks that this is an internet community and, 2. He thinks he is a 'cause' of some sort.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 02, 2011, 12:03 AM NHFT
:(

Sorry to make you sad Kat.

Some guy who no one knows, has 4 posts, becomes critical because we won't provide the service he wants. I've seen enough moochers, to be more than wary of people that the first I hear of them is they want something and then get pissy when folks don't instantly jump to doing what they want.

Russell Kanning

in some ways receiving a few pieces of mail is not a big deal but
they don't know you
you are saying you want tto establish residency which is not exactly a free market activity
you are not doing anything for the rest of us

you have chosen to live in a van and enjoy that freedom and lower expenses that go along with it
you also want to establish some "residency", so you might have to do something major to make that happen

Free libertarian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 02, 2011, 06:19 AM NHFT
I don't know. I thought Tom's response was reasonable.  1. Projectinal thinks that this is an internet community and, 2. He thinks he is a 'cause' of some sort.

...you curmudgeons should get a room.     ;D

Lloyd Danforth

I know, but Becky has Tom's heart :(

John

Quote from: Projectinel on January 01, 2011, 11:51 PM NHFT
You have a good point with regard to taking precautions... but on the other hand that could be security state paranoia bullshit that stops us from uniting. It is hard for me to judge, but I know people tend to talk big but not even act small (ie take any action that involves a small amount of risk) for the sake of their cause.

I would really like to see an internet community walk the walk with a passion... but it seems that even you guys have been scared stiff by the security state.

And these (with my emphasis added) from your other posts:
" ... mail drop should not be well known and appear to be a home "
"... mail drop services that aren't blacklisted by the RMV?"
"...proof of residency. This would be accomplished by having mail sent to a home or business address..."

In an early contact, you didn't have even a clue as to where anybody even lives. Which might tell us something about how much you are actualy interested in actual people.
You haven't mentioned anything about what kind of activism you might be interested in.
If you would only, "really like to see an internet community walk the walk with a passion..." I'm sure you'll be able to find something like that out there somewhere.  ::)
You say, "I know people tend to talk big but not even act small" but what action have you even talked about, let alone done?
And speaking of passion, what have you shown to be your passion? Getting pissed off at people who have done nothing to you?

So here I am, just holding up a mirror for you to look at.

KBCraig

Quote from: Projectinel on January 01, 2011, 11:51 PM NHFT
... but it seems that even you guys have been scared stiff by the security state.

Sez the guy begging for a mail drop so he can comply with the state's demand for "proof of residency".