• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New Hampshire Liberty, Justice and Peace Gathering

Started by John, January 16, 2011, 07:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

The Shire Co-op is rolling now. The first order will arrive Tuesday at Liberty Books. They'd definitely like to table there.

John

10/4 We are rolling
Quote from: John on January 17, 2011, 12:25 PM NHFTJust for the fun of it, I'm holding off for a few days on some kinda small news regarding "small time" speakers ... 8)

Oops, I went well over a few days. Sorry.

We will definitely leave some time and space available for some "open mike" type speakers. Maybe brief presentations and then a few Qs ans As.

John

Quote from: jaqeboy on January 18, 2011, 08:31 PM NHFT
We'd (AltExpo) like to continue that tradition by offering a couple of talks.

Looks like AltExpo could be coming in with the opening and several other key presentations

Quote from: jaqeboy on January 18, 2011, 08:31 PM NHFT
Shire Co-op would like to exhibit. That was a goal: to be ready to rock

And it looks like its rolling - to "G-ton."

John

Hey!  :o It just occurred to me that the Liberty, Justice and Peace Gathering is on the unofficial 6th anniversary of my move to New Hampshire, so I'll plan to break out the guitar (at some point) and play my (2003) love song, "Let Me Call You Home."

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

John

I was thinking that everyone got notice when I put new stuff over on Facebook which I got the impression was where "everyone" was hanging out these days ... anyway it turns out that I'd better do a better job cross posting ...
For now here is the facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1596145296#!/event.php?eid=173887575982114

John

As it currently stands, those who lean a bit to the right will think that we are leaning too far to the left; and those who lean a bit to the left will maybe think that we are leaning too much to the right. Those who are complete anarchists will think that we are leaning a bit too much toward the system; and those within the system will think that we are leaning too far towards anarchism. Etc.

If anyone is thinking that their particular angle needs to be represtented (with a talk, or a table, or both) they need to let us know ASAP. ( 8 )

MaineShark

The Apathy Party desperately wants to be represented, and if you don't make space for them, I expect that they will have to say, "meh," and wader away aimlessly.

On a more serious note, when is this taking place?  I don't see any dates, here, and I won't touch FB with a ten-foot pole...

Joe

John

Quote from: MaineShark on February 17, 2011, 08:58 PM NHFTand I won't touch FB with a ten-foot pole...

::)

Time Saturday, February 26 · 9:00am - 11:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location Peaceful Assembly Church
860 Main Street, Grafton Center
Grafton, NH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Created By John Connell

More Info (The countdown at the end of my posts are the days left for us to get the church ready for this event. We are HOLDING on Friday the 25th, for any last minute stuff.)

This is an event inspired by the cancellation of the Liberty Forum. We have space at the church for up to 50 people for fun, brainstorming, entertainment, and discussion on how best to peacefully interact with our neighbors.

The date was chosen based on the assumption... that some people already had plans to visit New Hampshire for the Liberty Forum so that if they still want to visit they'll have an alternative opportunity with like-minded folks.

Accommodations may include: nearby Danbury Inn, activists' homes, participants' RVs, sleeping bags on floors, etc.

If there is a great enough interest (e.g. more than 50 confirmed participants), the event may be expanded to additional days or even a larger venue. The response to this invitation will set the course for the event.

We'd like to hear from you if you live in or near Grafton and can provide accommodation for guests, would like to volunteer for preparation and conducting this event, and ideas that you might have for making it a success.

This event will be made possible by your donations. We will be suggesting a $20 donation to help cover costs - and those who cannot afford can still attend.

The work party has begun and will go until Thurday the 24th. Participants can also contribute in that manner. Folks can come by to help anytime. We are reserveing Sunday from 8-10am for our regular Bible study and folks are always welcome to join us for that if you like.

Naturally, there will be opportunities to volunteer to contribute during the gathering, such as kitchen help - and after the gathering for clean up, etc.See More

Share:PostPostLinkLinkPhotoPhotoVideoVideo

Write something...
Remove PostJohn Connell
As it currently stands, those who lean a bit to the right will think that we are leaning too far to the left; and those who lean a bit to the left will maybe think that we are leaning too much to the right. Those who are complete anarchists will think that we are leaning a bit too much toward the system; and those within the system wi...ll think that we leaning too far towards anarchism. Etc.

If anyone is thinking that their particular angle needs to be represtented (with a talk, or a table, or both) they need to let us know ASAP. (8)

See More
13 hours ago ·LikeUnlike ·
Write a comment...

Remove PostJohn Connell
Been working very hard to keeping this winter's snow from completely claiming the parking lot. A few volunteers have helped. I'm now working on getting tons of ice out of there. Looks like the weather is trying to cooperate. (9)
Wednesday at 10:44pm ·LikeUnlike ·
Write a comment...

Remove PostJohn Connell
OK Saturday, Feb. 26 is getting close. Anyone who wants to help out getting ready can come on by - any time - between now and then. Only time that can't work for us is Sunday morning from 8-10. Hope to be ready by the end of Thursday, Feb. 24. Friday will be for last minute stuff. (10)
Tuesday at 7:50pm ·LikeUnlike ·
Write a comment...

John

I think that it is accurate to say that we have managed to reclaim more that half of the church parking lot from the snow - and the nasty ice. Jay Boucher, editor of the Grafton Gazette, has stopped by many times and has donated many hours helping out. Thanks Jay. (6)

MTPorcupine3

There's an event the eve of this Gathering that many of us will want to participate in:

Friday, 25 February, 7 p.m.: Meet the candidates night at the Town Hall (not to be confused with the fire station). Of particular importance: There is a four way contest for the new police chief that will be replacing Merle.

MaineShark

Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on February 20, 2011, 03:38 PM NHFTOf particular importance: There is a four way contest for the new police chief that will be replacing Merle.

Dodge, Poitras, Walker, and... who's the fourth?

Joe

John

My internet has been down for almost 2 days. Sorry about that!
I'll try to make it over to the other thing if the church is 100% ready, AND IF I'm not too tired.

Now getting partly caught up.

Schedule of main speakers - with "some unofficial" titles for speeches:

10am   Jack Shimek – Context and Consequences
12pm   Mark Edge – The Quaker Way
2pm     Darian Worden – Liberty and Solidarity: A Left Libertarian Look at Getting More Freedom
4pm     Gordon Phillips – Money Issues
6pm     Your Turn? - Open Mike Speeches with Q&A
8pm     Movie – U.S. vs. John Lennon
Misc.   There should also be plenty of opportunities for Open Mike speeches with Q&A between the main speakers...