• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Stupid, stupid ear problems are driving me nuts!

Started by Raineyrocks, January 19, 2011, 09:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I guess I'm going to break down today and go to the darn doctors because I can't stand the ringing in my right ear anymore.

I've been having this problem for weeks and it's driving me crazy and putting me in a bad mood!  I don't even feel like talking on the phone, trying to listen to things that I can't hear because of this ringing in my ear.  ::)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Raineyrocks on January 19, 2011, 09:16 AM NHFT
I guess I'm going to break down today and go to the darn doctors because I can't stand the ringing in my right ear anymore.

I've been having this problem for weeks and it's driving me crazy and putting me in a bad mood!  I don't even feel like talking on the phone, trying to listen to things that I can't hear because of this ringing in my ear.  ::)

So I called and made an appointment for today and they pass me back to a nurse with the lowest voice possible when I can't hear well anyway and she tells me if I'm having trouble breathing to go to the ER.  No duh, right? ::)

MaineShark

Yeah, tinitis sucks.

There are some herbal remedies that can help, but there aren't any real cures.

Joe

Raineyrocks

Quote from: MaineShark on January 19, 2011, 11:19 AM NHFT
Yeah, tinitis sucks.

There are some herbal remedies that can help, but there aren't any real cures.

Joe

I've been using Wally's Ear Oil and it's been helping with the pain but not the darn ringing and they feel swollen.  I think it could be moving into my sinuses too because I feel pressure in between my eyes and I'm so dizzy. :P

Raineyrocks

Yay, the eardrops the doctor prescribed are helping already!

I also have a really bad ear infection so I needed amoxicillin, even though for the life of me I can't remember the diagnostic name the dr. gave me for my ear problem.  If I could remember I don't think I could ever pronounce or spell it.  :P

MaineShark

You didn't mention an ear infection.  If it's caused by the infection, it may very well go away.

Which would be great news, because tinitis sucks.

Joe

Raineyrocks

Quote from: MaineShark on January 20, 2011, 06:21 PM NHFT
You didn't mention an ear infection.  If it's caused by the infection, it may very well go away.

Which would be great news, because tinitis sucks.

Joe

Oh, sorry, no I do get ringing in my ears quite frequently but there were other icky symptoms with this ear problem.  I didn't want to gross anybody out by getting into too many details. :)

I have TMJ too and I think that might be part of the "ringing" problem, I'm not sure.  Do you think it could be?   I had a nightguard made by my dentist but in a few months there were bite marks through it and it cost $350 so I'm no going to get one made every few months, that's for sure.

MaineShark

Mine's caused by damage due to loud noise, but I believe that TMJ can cause it, as well.

Joe

Raineyrocks

Quote from: MaineShark on January 20, 2011, 06:32 PM NHFT
Mine's caused by damage due to loud noise, but I believe that TMJ can cause it, as well.

Joe

Can anything be done for TMJ?  My jaws were fine until I got punched in the face when I was younger by an ex boyfriend. ::)

Yes, loud noise made mine even worse too!  What was the loud noise that caused yours?  I was shooting my gun without anything on my ears and the ringing got louder and more frequent. 

What are those ear things called?  It's escaping my mind right now, I don't know why. :duh: They aren't ear plugs because they are thick and go around your head; they aren't those foamy things you stick in your ears. 

MaineShark

Quote from: Raineyrocks on January 20, 2011, 06:44 PM NHFTCan anything be done for TMJ?

I'll ask Denise.  She knows more about such things than I do.

Quote from: Raineyrocks on January 20, 2011, 06:44 PM NHFTYes, loud noise made mine even worse too!  What was the loud noise that caused yours?  I was shooting my gun without anything on my ears and the ringing got louder and more frequent.

Power tools, mostly.

Quote from: Raineyrocks on January 20, 2011, 06:44 PM NHFTWhat are those ear things called?  It's escaping my mind right now, I don't know why. :duh: They aren't ear plugs because they are thick and go around your head; they aren't those foamy things you stick in your ears.

Ear muffs or ear protectors.

Joe

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

Why? Why? Why?  Do they make dropper bottles and the dropper is too short to get the little bit left at the end of the bottle?

I have an itsy bitsy amount of ear drop stuff left and can't get it out because the dropper is too short.  I tried tilting the bottle and still can't get anything in the dropper to put in my darn ear! >:(

Kat Kanning

littlehawk

LOL!@Kat

Rainey, My guess it that the MD's probably tagged you with Menaires Disease.

cathleeninnh

They sell droppers at the drugstore. Come in a two pack, one with a bent tip. Couple bucks.