• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Drama in my neighborhood continues ... Maybe I should just move ...

Started by leetninja, February 03, 2011, 11:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

littlehawk

I can't believe the pig told you to shoot him.  If its legal in your state I'd audio-record every encounter..or better yet have someone video it.

Seriously? i would be afraid of his guy..almost as much to say "I fear for my life."

He has verbally threatened you several times and physically made attempts to run you over.

This will only get worse if not stopped asap.

leetninja

that is how i feel about it as well.  I have said over and over again that I am in fear of my life and that I want them to press charges and they simply refuse to do anything.  By not doing anything other than telling him to shut up; they are enabling him to not only continue but to escalate his violence to new levels and degrees of scary. 

The only recourse that I have really been given is to keep trying to complain and escalate all the way up the chain of command - which is really pointless in my opinion - my plan right now is to document the failure of this department and it's officers, document everyone I speak to, video record everything I can, and then take it and use it against them.  I don't think anyone would be particularly happy with an agency that is supposed to protect and SERVE that does neither.  I am fed up with the treatment that I have received from these jerks.  I don't find it acceptable that I have to live in fear for my life on a daily basis because of the lunatics that they enable and empower in my neighborhood.  It is disgusting to me.

John

After I (repeatedly) refused to go to war with a few of my neighbors over a few issues, one of them came by to (again) offer help (with snow removal) the other day, and another (even while appearing hesitant/reluctant) sometimes waves on his way by.

Back when one of them gave me the finger, I kinda joked to a friend that this poor man probably would like to be able to wave, but he just needed to practice with just one finger for a little while.

I never returned the nastiness to him. If I had, he would feel justified in continuing or escalating. Instead, I remained my normal self, and this is like holding up a mirror for him to see his own behavior.

No guns, no cops, no lawyers, no police reports, no restraining orders were needed here. I didn't even try to get any neighbors to take my side (ie. build alliances for future escalation).
I simply refuse to enter these little (turf?) wars.
Several attempts to draw me in must have felt as if they were attacking the air.

Good luck.
Have you thought about any ways that you could cause the situation to de-escalate?
In ninjutsu it is said that the sure way to not lose a fight is to not enter the fight.

Russell Kanning

and the system is not designed to help you .... and it has refused to do so
so why follow their rules and do things their way?

leetninja

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 05, 2011, 08:03 PM NHFT

If you don't you end up in a cage. 

leetninja

Quote from: John on February 05, 2011, 07:24 PM NHFT
After I (repeatedly) refused to go to war with a few of my neighbors over a few issues, one of them came by to (again) offer help (with snow removal) the other day, and another (even while appearing hesitant/reluctant) sometimes waves on his way by.

Back when one of them gave me the finger, I kinda joked to a friend that this poor man probably would like to be able to wave, but he just needed to practice with just one finger for a little while.

I never returned the nastiness to him. If I had, he would feel justified in continuing or escalating. Instead, I remained my normal self, and this is like holding up a mirror for him to see his own behavior.

No guns, no cops, no lawyers, no police reports, no restraining orders were needed here. I didn't even try to get any neighbors to take my side (ie. build alliances for future escalation).
I simply refuse to enter these little (turf?) wars.
Several attempts to draw me in must have felt as if they were attacking the air.

Good luck.
Have you thought about any ways that you could cause the situation to de-escalate?
In ninjutsu it is said that the sure way to not lose a fight is to not enter the fight.

Normally this is what I do.  I refuse to get into it and it will just go away - if they escalate on their own I can't really do nothing - I have to defend myself in some way shape or form.

I have managed to de-escalate issues with others by simply showing them that I am not as bad as they may have thought.  One incident that comes to mind is that a person down the road but relatively close by really didn't like me.  He would yell things at me when I drove by and scream at me while I was in my own yard.  One day I simply asked him "Why are you so angry with me."  He wouldn't answer.  He left.  A couple of days later I saw his son on the beach around 8pm (summer time) and these older kids were picking on him pretty hard.  One of them literally threw him down a hill.  I knew it wasn't going anywhere good so I intervened.  Told the older kids to lay off or pick on someone their own size.  They left him alone.  When he left the beach he thanked me and made mention that his dad "said you were a real jerk" and so I said "well, tell your dad I'm not all that bad ok?"  He smiled and left. 

A few weeks later I heard from someone that he had a family member pass away.  I sent him a man-gift-basket.  I found out from a third party, his favorite brew was Guinness, he used to play baseball with this particular family member, and that he was a huge Patriots fan.  So, a six pack of Guiness, a baseball mitt with a glove, and a signed jersey (I have a friend) were sent in his general direction.  Small card that said "Truly sorry for your loss.  Maybe we can catch up some time.  See what I did there?" and signed my name.  He came over about a week or two later and thanked me.  We shared a brew even though I don't really drink, and he said he gave his old mitt to his son and that they are now playing catch like he and his pops used to.  It was small, to me pretty simple but to him meant the world.  He moved out of town about a year ago but we still keep in touch. 

The problem in this current situation/scenario is that this guy has a violent history.  He attacked me.  I can't just take a "high road" on some of this stuff.  At some point a stand has to be made.  If this were just name calling or flipping of the bird, it wouldn't really bother me nearly as much.  Being terrorized though is different entirely. 

As far as my other neighbors go, I am not trying to rally the troops or anything.  One of them is a really good friend.  We are as close as can be without being related basically.  His 15yr old son was directly behind me when this guy charged at me with the truck and plow.  His wife was shaking and panicking and everyone thought this guy was going to hit me and that meant that the juvenile behind me would have been in the path as well.  As a parent he is not even remotely "okay" with that idea.  He wants something done about this guy.  I also gathered that this guy has had issues with other people in the past.  I don't know the extent but I was told by more than one person to be careful, watch my back, and that he is dangerous and violent. 

As much as I would like to try to take a zen approach to this; I don't think that it is an option anymore. 

KBCraig

Good example here of why we shouldn't make assumptions based on a lack of details.

John made a great post.

Leetninja gracefully responded with a post giving details that many (most?) of us would not have assumed given his previous posts.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: leetninja on February 05, 2011, 08:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 05, 2011, 08:03 PM NHFT

If you don't you end up in a cage.
in situations like yours ..... if you bring in the cops  .... i would say it adds to the likelihood that you will go to jail

littlehawk

I have no use whatsoever for those brownshirted creatures called PO-LICE.
They should drop the PO and use their real name LICE. Parasitic slimeballs.

KBCraig

Quote from: anthonybpugh on February 07, 2011, 10:38 AM NHFT
This might be helpful. 

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/problem_neighbors.htm

That's a good article for understanding the feud mindset. People with that attitude have always baffled me, especially when I was married into such a family for 10 years.

leetninja

I read the article - it is scary that this guy can fit into the majority of the categories and descriptions - the thing is that some people, some neighbors just won't EVER stop.  This guy is the one that I know won't stop no matter what approach I take ...

In recent days he has taken to throwing things at my vehicle as I drive past, brandishing a baseball bat and slapping it against his hand like an old time gangster/thug type, and screaming racial slurs at me.  I haven't said anything to him and I haven't engaged him.  I am basically sitting and waiting for him to attack me physically again at which point I don't really see a very positive outcome ...

Russell Kanning

Quote from: leetninja on February 09, 2011, 04:47 PM NHFT
I read the article - it is scary that this guy can fit into the majority of the categories and descriptions - the thing is that some people, some neighbors just won't EVER stop.  This guy is the one that I know won't stop no matter what approach I take ...

i guess that makes your decisions easier .... there is nothing to do

CJS

I wonder if just by discussing a stressful situation you are in you have been premeditating a violent act , the act of defending yourself against a man showing strong sings of mental problems. I feel bad for anyone that has to put up with this kind of behavior from those they live near and hope you don't end up like Wade B did.

It is my belief that when the cops have a reason to arrest anyone but refuse to it is because the guy causing problems is related to a cop or has friends in high places. I would continue to force police intervention only because it is in your best interests , and solving the problem by yourself  puts you in harms way more ways than you are aware of. I have never called the cops on anyone but I would use them if I was in your shoes

I have a question . Do you live on a dead end street ? I would go out of my way to avoid the appearance of antagonizing this guy. You may find yourself up on charges .

leetninja

Apparently he moved up here from Florida some years ago.  When he was in FL he ran over a teenager with his truck "by accident" and suffered no consequences legally there either.  I have a feeling it wasn't an accident.  I have been trying to find the actual report or incident but I am not going to travel to FL for a fracking report ...

I don't think he knows anyone at the PD - I think they are useless piles of shit though.  Basically that is the conclusion I have come to - not just because of this incident but several others. 

I know that if the roles had been reversed they would have thrown me in a cell but because this guy is "older" (he is 58 or 59) they don't do anything.  Very infuriating. 

I am going to continue to force the issue with them and with the County Attorney that I spoke to up at Superior Court.  I'm giving it a week and then I am speaking to the Observer and the Tribune to see if they are interested in Police that don't "protect and serve" like most people think they are supposed to.  I know better - that they don't and won't protect or serve but the sheeple like headlines like those.

Funny you should mention the dead end thing.  I actually don't live on a dead end - I have been taking the long way out of the neighborhood - somehow he figured this out and now he leaves his house, goes on the street, and walks down to the intersection that I have to use to exit to scream at me.

Yes, in a way it looks like he is mentally ill - anyone could probably present a case for him to be labeled as such - I however just think he is a bully that always gets away with it and he is not doing this for any other reason than he is an asshole.  I don't think it is a mental defect.  He is scum.