• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Drama in my neighborhood continues ... Maybe I should just move ...

Started by leetninja, February 03, 2011, 11:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: leetninja on February 09, 2011, 06:59 PM NHFT
Apparently he moved up here from Florida some years ago.  When he was in FL he ran over a teenager with his truck "by accident" and suffered no consequences legally there either.  I have a feeling it wasn't an accident.  I have been trying to find the actual report or incident but I am not going to travel to FL for a fracking report ...

Wow! That's a lot of info - "apparently." Is it the same truck? How's the teenager doing? No leagal consequences there either? Is this a strong feeling or just a sort of, you know, wild guess? Where have you been looking for the actual report or incident? Do you think that you are putting enough time into looking? How much time do you spend on this guy each day?

I wouldn't travel to FL either - not just for a fracking report. (Wink - wink.) But if my girlfriend wanted to go on vacation to FL or something, I would maaaaybe consider going with her. I hear it's nice down there this time of year. Then while she's relaxing on the beach each day, I could be over at the cop-shop hanging out with that gang and we could spend a few days going through the old reports.
On the first day I'd maybe just pick up a variety dozen of dognuts, but then I'd see if they have any favorites and I'd get mostly those the next day. I'd think about letting them know that they are much more helpful than the cops are up here. They'll probably have copies of the local newspapers around, so I'd be kind of checking those out, you know just incase I need the names of their local papers later. But that's only if I had to go there later.

John

Quote from: leetninja on February 09, 2011, 06:59 PM NHFTI know that if the roles had been reversed they would have thrown me in a cell but because this guy is "older" (he is 58 or 59) they don't do anything.  Very infuriating.

I can hardly wait to get to be in my upper 50s. I think it is at 57 when they start letting you do whatever you want. Infuriating? You ain't just kidding there. I've often thought about how they definitely need change that stupid age, at least by a little.

John

Quote from: leetninja on February 09, 2011, 06:59 PM NHFTI am going to continue to force the issue with them and with the County Attorney that I spoke to up at Superior Court.  I'm giving it a week and then I am speaking to the Observer and the Tribune to see if they are interested in Police that don't "protect and serve" like most people think they are supposed to.  I know better - that they don't and won't protect or serve but the sheeple like headlines like those.

A week seems kinda reasonable give or take a day or two. Did you tell them that they only have one more week? Sometimes people work a little better when they know there is a deadline.
But I'm not sure that the Salem Observer will touch this story. They seem kind of cop friendly. But, who knows? The Lawrence Eagle Tribune (out of Massachusetts) though, they seem like they might like this story. What about that other little paper in Salem? Maybe they could use a story with a big "Police don't protect and serve" headline. But, aren't they even more cop friendly?
But ya, it might help them get more readers among the sheeple. Nothing like a good headline to bring in a few more readers. Maybe they will use the story if you play up the parts about the old guy's truck and your gun. That seems more exiting, and then they won't have to go too heavy on the cops.
Besides, right now you are working with the cops, and the county attorney from the superior court, so you probably want to keep them on your side for now. Hard to say. But you'll have time to think about it because you are giving them the week anyway.
Oh, and the cops hardly ever read these forums so they probably won't even know that you are upping the anti on them until you let them know that. And when you do, I'm sure they'll understand that you are just a guy who's trying to use the system to get a little "justice around there."
That's something they are going to appreciate. They might even give you a little EXTRA attention from then on.
Not sure you'll always want all the EXTRA attention, but they'll probably have learned their lesson and so maybe they'll figure they owe it to you.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: John on February 09, 2011, 09:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: leetninja on February 09, 2011, 06:59 PM NHFTI know that if the roles had been reversed they would have thrown me in a cell but because this guy is "older" (he is 58 or 59) they don't do anything.  Very infuriating.

I can hardly wait to get to be in my upper 50s. I think it is at 57 when they start letting you do whatever you want. Infuriating? You ain't just kidding there. I've often thought about how they definitely need change that stupid age, at least by a little.

I'm thinking about testing this theory :o

John

Quote from: leetninja on February 09, 2011, 06:59 PM NHFTYes, in a way it looks like he is mentally ill - anyone could probably present a case for him to be labeled as such - I however just think he is a bully that always gets away with it and he is not doing this for any other reason than he is an asshole.  I don't think it is a mental defect.  He is scum.

It might sometimes be very hard to tell if someone is mentally ill. Do you think he might be faking it?
A bully? An a—hole? A mental defect? Scum? Again, it might be hard to say.
I'm not the expert.

KBCraig

Does this guy have a job? Or any meaning to his life? Perhaps leetninja has become his reason for being: the enemy he must fight to survive (in his mindset).

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 09, 2011, 10:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: John on February 09, 2011, 09:59 PM NHFT

I'm thinking about testing this theory :o

Gonna set the DeLorean for 1983, eh?

John

jerry

I haven't seen any discussion of the second half of the thread title.
How much drama can you afford?

Years ago, when my life was threatened, I asked a criminal lawyer what it would cost me if I had to kill someone in self defense.   I was shocked to hear that defending a "totally righteous" shooting could cost me $50,000.  (this was in Pennsylvania--your mileage may vary)
So I arranged my life so that I avoided being in the same town as the threat.

So, how emotionally attached are you to your property?

Ed

security camera system at Costco - $1200
comes with 4 cameras, and a screen and the recording device which records up to 2 weeks
cameras can be viewed over internet, too, and the recorded videos

look up laws concerning forced psychological watch or whatever its called, especially if you can record repeated nutty behavior. Usually it involves a fmaily member reporting - but I think over a certain threshold of behavior anybody can get it done. And/or, if you do get lots of video, tell the story to the media and give them the video. SHOW that the cops aren't doing their job
in general video is your friend

did your neighbors file reports too? consider secretly compensating them to do so, as long as they tell the truth. It's their neighborhood too - even if it wasn't me being harassed and you were my neighbor I'd already have a lawyer and have filed everything I could with the police.

leetninja

Just some quick responses to some things:

The information is hearsay for the moment - I obtained the information from a neighbor and thus I take it with a grain of salt.  Until I can verify it, I won't fully believe it.  From what she told me there was an "incident with a 19 year old that pissed him off.  he ran him down with his truck." I am trying to find out what town he used to live in, and then if I can find that, I will have a way of obtaining any reports associated with him and/or the incident.  Honestly I don't know if I am putting enough time into it, or what enough time would actually be.  I don't spend a lot of my time thinking about him to be honest - I just want it to go away.  I am hoping he will just leave me alone.  Honestly I don't really spend much time on it/him/thinking about it - dwelling on negative things isn't my style nor is it in my best interests ...

I haven't told the PD anything or given them any deadlines etc because I am just going to let them fail on their own.  When they do I will have a reason to escalate the case to the next higher authority.  I have no idea what papers would give a crap but I guess if/when the PD fails I will find out. 
Oh, and the cops hardly ever read these forums so they probably won't even know that you are upping the anti on them until you let them know that. And when you do, I'm sure they'll understand that you are just a guy who's trying to use the system to get a little "justice around there."
That's something they are going to appreciate. They might even give you a little EXTRA attention from then on.
Not sure you'll always want all the EXTRA attention, but they'll probably have learned their lesson and so maybe they'll figure they owe it to you.

I'm guessing that this is dripping in sarcasm.  To be honest I don't care what the cops read or dont read what they think or appreciate or anything else.  As far as I am concerned my tax dollars pay their bills and they are here to serve.  If they want to give me extra attention that is perfectly fine with me and my lawyer to be honest.  They have been failing at their duty and if they don't smarten up they will have to face the consequences when the chief or IA or the papers rip them new ones.

@kbcraig - I think you might have hit a nail on the head.  He targets people.  I am his target.  He is trying to intimidate me, and so far he is succeeding.  I am living daily in fear for my safety.  Every time I leave my home I am afraid he will be there and attack me. 

@jerry - I can afford to move away - I just don't want to because of the emotional attachments here - I have good friends, mostly good neighbors with the obvious exception here - and my family has owned this property for over 30 years - I came here when I was a kid and I love my house - I have put a lot of hard work into it - but if it gets much worse I will have no choice ...

@ed - yes, I have an 8 camera D1 DVR system - I actually hate the thing because of compatibility issues with anything other than IE but that is another story - the problem is that it covers my yard, and he knows it is there - he doesn't come to my yard, he waits for me to leave it and my cameras only see so far

Russell Kanning

"As far as I am concerned my tax dollars pay their bills and they are here to serve."

Your tax dollars pay their bills and they are paid to serve their bosses ..... which are not normal people like you and me.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: John on February 10, 2011, 06:48 AM NHFT
Why is this topic under Civil Disobedience?
I have wondered that for a while too.
is the moving civil disobedience or the calling the cops ... or being disappointed with the cops?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jerry on February 10, 2011, 08:08 AM NHFT
I haven't seen any discussion of the second half of the thread title.
How much drama can you afford?

Years ago, when my life was threatened, I asked a criminal lawyer what it would cost me if I had to kill someone in self defense.   I was shocked to hear that defending a "totally righteous" shooting could cost me $50,000.  (this was in Pennsylvania--your mileage may vary)
So I arranged my life so that I avoided being in the same town as the threat.

So, how emotionally attached are you to your property?
interesting to think about

on a side note .... I wonder if anyone has ever been left alone by the government system after shooting or even killing "in self defense" without spending lots of money on lawyers. What if you don't have an extra $50k?

also situations like this could get expensive even without fighting or gunplay

CJS

You have to play the game and the bureaucrats make the rules . I am sure some people think you should not involve the state in this situation , but regrettably  you do not have much of a choice.

I hope you are documenting the lack of action by law enforcement , they are allowing a situation that is only going to get worse. These are the situations where good men get screwed , just look at that guy Wade Baird (Sp?)... and every one scratches their heads and says how can this happen . Keep track of the dates / times and names of those that are ignoring your requests .

I will bring up the point again about this guy having some one in his world that has some power granted by the state , and that is why the cops are sandbagging. If in fact he tried to / did run over some one in Fla and walked away screams he has some one helping him out . Imaginary lines on a map have nothing to do with how those in power help each other out , I remember Mayor Daly's son involved in a death at their cottage in Michigan .. he was the one swinging the 2X4 and he walked away free and clear . These people take care of their own.

When will you talk to the states attorney about this?  You have a very serious situation on your hands , get in front of it or I fear it will end badly for you . It is exactly like Russell said ... if you defend your self you will be the one up on charges . The Leo's hate it when you defend your self .. to much of that and people may start to think that maybe we don't need so many guys with badges running around.

I hope you understand how serious this situation is. By discussing it here all of the actions you take are now premeditated .. giving a prosecutor all the ammo they need for a conviction .. and that's all they care about anymore .. guilt or innocence have little to do with our injustice system . IANAL / YMMV but I have stood in front of a judge with some truly bullshit but serious charges and  watched as the prosecutor knowingly allowed two of Chicago's finest (sic) perjure themselves. Again you need to be in front of this .

Post this guys name  and relative age here. There are some sharp people here who may be better at searching public records . If you are afraid to post that info in case he could find some way to use it against you can PM me with his info and I will try and help. I bet others here would be interested in helping you out if they can

TL;DR , If you don't get the state to take some action  you may be the one in a cage for a very very long time.