• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Starting a free town?

Started by danhynes, January 26, 2005, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: AlanM on January 26, 2005, 09:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: danhynes on January 26, 2005, 03:02 PM NHFT
Does anyone here like the idea of Pittsburg being a free town. It has a small population. The thing is it is way up north and isolated. This is bad for people who dont like being isolated, and good for those people who think there is any possibility of a secession in our lifetime? ;)? Anyway here is the link to the place if anyone can give me feedback. Thanks. http://www.nhes.state.nh.us/elmi/htmlprofiles/pittsburg.html

Dan,
I have a co-worker whose husband grew up in Groveton. They live in Kingston now, but have a camp in Columbia. They have been telling me that out of staters are buying up everything in site in that area, all the way up to Pittsburg.
I am thinking of moving to Lancaster/Whitefield area. Above the notches, as they say, but more job opportunities. My parents grew up in Whitefield.
Alan

Alan, What are the job opportunities in this area?

Also,

"My Brother, his woman"  You'll fit right in with the rednecks in the north country! ;D

Lloyd

AlanM

I say "his woman" as a short-cut for "the woman he is living with". They have been together for about 14 years.
Regards jobs. The Lancaster to Littleton area has more jobs available than the Colebrook to Pittsburg area. Littleton is booming!