• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom Friends Tuath

Started by Michael Fisher, November 20, 2005, 09:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FSPinNY

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 21, 2005, 10:20 PM NHFT
I'll see you in 2006, my friend.  :)

Indeed!  You're one of my truck unloaders Mike, remember?   ;D

Michael Fisher

Quote from: AlanM on November 21, 2005, 10:31 PM NHFT
I was chatting with a regular customer about the Tuath. He is very interested. I will speak with him again.

I was telling a Talking Phonebook salesman about it today.  He was fascinated, but I didn't have any contract for him to look at or any statistics to quote.  "We have 3,000 members in New Hampshire already.  Wanna join?  Here's the only thing you have to sign."

Michael Fisher

Quote from: FSPinNY on November 21, 2005, 10:32 PM NHFT
I'll see you in 2006, my friend.? :)

Indeed!? You're one of my truck unloaders Mike, remember?? ?;D

Aht... that's me.  The go-to guy for moving large and heavy objects.   8)

I'll be there.  :)

AlanM

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 21, 2005, 10:47 PM NHFT
I'll see you in 2006, my friend.? :)

Indeed!? You're one of my truck unloaders Mike, remember?? ?;D

Aht... that's me.? The go-to guy for moving large and heavy objects.? ?8)

I'll be there.? :)

Always willing to help out a fellow Tuath member.  ;)

FSPinNY

Quote from: AlanM on November 21, 2005, 10:57 PM NHFT
Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 21, 2005, 10:47 PM NHFT
I'll see you in 2006, my friend.  :)

Indeed!  You're one of my truck unloaders Mike, remember?   ;D

Aht... that's me.  The go-to guy for moving large and heavy objects.   8)

I'll be there.  :)

Always willing to help out a fellow Tuath member.  ;)

Thank you - I can't wait!

Brian

AlanM

The possibilities for the Tuath are endless, precisely because of its simplicity, ZAP, and its focus on trust.

Michael Fisher

Here are some ideas for the bylaws.? Since I'm not on the board, at least two board members will have to agree on it.? :)

Freedom Friends Tuath - Bylaws

The Zero Aggression Principle

No human being has the right - under any circumstances - to initiate force against another human being, nor to threaten or delegate its initiation.

Purpose

The founders of this tuath have concluded, through the many terrible and treacherous lessons of history, that the only legitimate contract is one entered into absolutely voluntarily by all parties involved.

Each founder of this tuath has agreed that it is only acceptable to live by the Zero Aggression Principle.  Further, as we have come to know and trust each other, we have learned the incredible benefits of openly expressing this shared principle between each other.

These likeminded individuals have earned each other's trust, strengthened each other's honorable reputations, amicably resolved conflicts between one another, and voluntarily worked together to help and protect each other in times of need.

We therefore created this tuath, or "community", to enable anyone to express their shared belief in the Zero Aggression Principle, to seek an honorable reputation and politely solve conflicts among friends, and to voluntarily help fellow members in need.

Members

Anyone can sign a member contract, a pledge to all members of the tuath, which must have the signatures of the new member and an existing member as a witness of the pledge.? Membership is immediate upon making this pledge.

After this contract is signed by both people it should be sent to the administrator to add to the filing cabinet.

Board

The board, consisting of 3 members, collectively owns the tuath as well as all contracts, records, and property of the tuath.? Two board members constitute a majority, and majority decisions are binding on the board and the tuath.

Administrator

The administrator keeps records of member contracts in a filing cabinet and must sign the following contract of confidentiality that will be kept by the board members:

"I pledge to the members of the board to keep all contracts and their contents completely confidential."

The administrator's only duties are:

Member Contracts:
-Add new member contracts to the filing cabinet;
-Replace contracts for members who renew to update their contact information;
-Remove contracts of those who send a signed and witnessed request to leave the tuath;
-Remove contracts of those who are banished by a board of arbitrators of this tuath; and
-Keep the filing cabinet and protect it from any possible threat.

Arbitration Trial Records:
-Manage and protect arbitration trial and judgement records in the filing cabinet.

Arbitration

Initiation:

Arbitration can be initiated to seek restitution for a wrongdoing or to seek banishment of a specific member.

If members cannot amicably solve a conflict between themselves, they are urged to work with other members to mediate the conflict.? Rejection of mediation is likely to harm one or both members' reputations.

As a last resort, arbitration can be initiated against any member for a violation of the Zero Aggression Principle.? The member convicted must pay each arbitrator at least 5 ounces of silver for each day of their attendance at the trial.

After the administrator receives a signed, witnessed request to start arbitration, the trial begins.? Using a random number generator, he selects five arbitrators to oversee the trial.? Arbitrators are sought until five members agree to the task.

The board can simplify arbitrator selection by separating the tuath into chapters, if desired.

No member, prosecution or defense, may seek new arbitrators for his trial, though he can always ask an arbitrator to recuse himself from the trial for good reason.? Arbitrators may leave a trial at will and carry no obligations.

Trial:

Both members and all arbitrators should attend the trial, though a trial can be held without one of the two members in the case.? Arbitrators determine the rules, procedures, schedule, burden of proof, and judgements of the trial, as well as the restitution and trial fees owed by either party.

Restitution Judgements:

Corporal punishment is not allowed under these bylaws.

All five arbitrators must agree unanimously on all decisions or the prosecution will fail.? Restitution judgements against each member are created in the form of a document listing the complaint, decision, restitution amounts, and a pledge signed by all arbitrators verifying their unanimous agreement.

Restitution judgements for a victim of aggression may be sold, in part or in full, to any other member for any price by signing an agreement to that effect.? A member may do this to avoid the pain of collection.

Michael Fisher

I wanted to do the membership contract but ended up with ideas for the bylaws flying out of my fingertips.? ????

Perhaps tomorrow is a better day to write the membership contract.? :)  Or, when I wake up anyways...

KBCraig

If the tuath will not resort to governmental courts, then the only way to settle a disputed judgement is through coercion: "If you do not pay the judges their 5 ounces of silver, and if you do not pay the judgement, then your 'reputation may suffer among members of the tuath', and possibly be banished." (Meaning: pay up, or we will refuse to do business with you and sever all ties with you.)

Coercion is a violation of ZAP.

Catch-22.

I'm all in favor of a clearinghouse of reputations, and free association, and mediated contracts where both parties willing agree to mediation. Suppose a husband and wife are both members of the tuath... do you envision mediating a divorce, child support, custody issues, and division of property? And enforcing (coercing) compliance upon the pain of banishment?

No matter how simply you define the ground rules of the tuath, it's still a formal organization, subject to fragmentation and dispute. I just prefer my relationships the old-fashioned way: if you trust someone and wish to do business with them, do so; if not, then don't.

Kevin

cathleeninnh

Mike, you have a good start. I would like another face to face, all interested parties welcome, official board meeting. Formal details of contract and administration can be ironed out but more importantly, personal relationships solidified. That should always have highest priority.

Ken being the other board member should chime in on convenient time or place. Our place in Derry is ok if we have no more than 5-7 people. It is very tiny. We don't mind driving elswhere. Before Dec 3rd is a must!

Cathleen

Michael Fisher

Quote from: KBCraig on November 22, 2005, 01:42 AM NHFT
If the tuath will not resort to governmental courts, then the only way to settle a disputed judgement is through coercion: "If you do not pay the judges their 5 ounces of silver, and if you do not pay the judgement, then your 'reputation may suffer among members of the tuath', and possibly be banished." (Meaning: pay up, or we will refuse to do business with you and sever all ties with you.)

Catch-22.

Allow me to clarify this one more time.  The tuath organization does nothing but deal with membership records.  Perhaps you are being misled by the terms we're using.

Banishment:  The tuath has determined that the member's contract has been violated.  That person is no longer a member and cannot join again.  They're blacklisted.  This is not coercion and thus not a violation of ZAP.

Removal:  The tuath has determined that the member's contract has been violated.  That person is no longer a member and cannot join unless all wrongs have been corrected.  This is not coercion and thus not a violation of ZAP.

Restitution:  Arbitrators have determined that the member's contract has been violated.  That person must pay restitution or face possible "removal" or "banishment".  This is not coercion and thus not a violation of ZAP.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: cathleeninnh on November 22, 2005, 07:54 AM NHFT
Mike, you have a good start. I would like another face to face, all interested parties welcome, official board meeting. Formal details of contract and administration can be ironed out but more importantly, personal relationships solidified. That should always have highest priority.

Ken being the other board member should chime in on convenient time or place. Our place in Derry is ok if we have no more than 5-7 people. It is very tiny. We don't mind driving elswhere. Before Dec 3rd is a must!

Cathleen

I agree entirely.  Any days but Thu and Fri are good for me.  Not that you need me there or anything!  ;)

AlanM

Quote from: KBCraig on November 22, 2005, 01:42 AM NHFT

Catch-22.

I'm all in favor of a clearinghouse of reputations, and free association, and mediated contracts where both parties willing agree to mediation. Suppose a husband and wife are both members of the tuath... do you envision mediating a divorce, child support, custody issues, and division of property? And enforcing (coercing) compliance upon the pain of banishment?

No matter how simply you define the ground rules of the tuath, it's still a formal organization, subject to fragmentation and dispute. I just prefer my relationships the old-fashioned way: if you trust someone and wish to do business with them, do so; if not, then don't.

Kevin

I don't see where you come up with coercion. The Arbitration process is one of the basic tenets of the Tuath, which you have agreed to when you joined the Tuath voluntarily.

AlanM

Since I have taken on the task of administrator, a couple of questions:

If I keep everything in the file cabinet confidential, how will anyone know who is a member?

Will judgements of the Arbitration Board be kept cofidential?

AlanM

It is my belief that decisions of the Board must be unanimous, in keeping with the basic tenet of voluntary association. Also, it should be stated that Board decisions only affect the workings of the Board and Administrator. They do not affect in any way, the membership. Anything affecting the membership must be unanimously agreed to by the membership.

This may seem difficult to enact anything new, but that is the whole point. We must constantly strive to achieve unanimity, which will keep everything totally voluntary.