• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cardboard Sled Race 2015

Started by Tom Sawyer, February 13, 2015, 05:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

that is hilarious
they still don't have enough flat area before you hit their net and get destroyed

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 17, 2015, 10:24 PM NHFT
I made a kind of hang glider out of a freezer box when I was a kid.  ;D
How come I didn't break my legs?

Well, I think we would all agree you must have hit and dented your head a little.. ;D 8)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on February 18, 2015, 08:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 17, 2015, 10:24 PM NHFT
I made a kind of hang glider out of a freezer box when I was a kid.  ;D
How come I didn't break my legs?

Well, I think we would all agree you must have hit and dented your head a little.. ;D 8)

Oh, I see how it is! I go away for a while, to make a living to keep you in this opulent lifestyle I've created for us... and this is the way you treat me!

To compound the insult, I see some of you are giving her karma for her insolence! That's it I'm out of here.   :'( :'( :'(

Russell Kanning

I didn't know that Tom Sawyer worked. I thought he conned other people into it.

MaineShark

There's apparently a cardboard sled race this Saturday in Claremont: http://www.arrowheadnh.com/events.php

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: MaineShark on February 18, 2015, 11:27 PM NHFT
There's apparently a cardboard sled race this Saturday in Claremont: http://www.arrowheadnh.com/events.php

Well dang, once we get our sponsors lined up we'll be full time cardboard sled racers!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 18, 2015, 09:50 PM NHFT
I didn't know that Tom Sawyer worked. I thought he conned other people into it.

Free libertarian

I haven't paid much attention lately as my kids are all grown, but are there still the old school wood and metal blade sleds around ?

When I was a kid we used to see who could make the most sparks on a sled course we made in the woods.  There was a rock out cropping we intentionally exposed a few inches of.

If you got going fast enough you could make a few sparks and live dangerously.  This was before we discovered girls and other things, so B.B. guns, climbing trees and making sparks were all the rage.  We never put anybody's eye out either.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on February 19, 2015, 09:27 AM NHFT
I haven't paid much attention lately as my kids are all grown, but are there still the old school wood and metal blade sleds around ?

When I was a kid we used to see who could make the most sparks on a sled course we made in the woods.  There was a rock out cropping we intentionally exposed a few inches of.

If you got going fast enough you could make a few sparks and live dangerously.  This was before we discovered girls and other things, so B.B. guns, climbing trees and making sparks were all the rage.  We never put anybody's eye out either.

Man I had a Flexible Flyer that was probably 20 years old when I got it. It was heavy gauge and the fastest sled on our hill. Kids and adults would come from all around to sled our steep street.

One winter we blocked the road with a snow boulders soaked in water barricade with an opening just large enough for a sled to pass. The next morning one of the kids sounded the alert that the plow crew was trying to breach the wall. We counter-attacked with snowballs and drove off the invaders.  :icon_pirat:

Off course that was MD we didn't have as consistently reliable snows like you New Englanders.

Russell Kanning

yep they still have them
I have always been a tube man myself.
We could really make a metal runner sled fly on the snowpacked roads in Wyoming.

Tom Sawyer