• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Was there a fire at Peaceful Assembly Church?

Started by Dave Ridley, January 12, 2016, 12:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I heard there was a fire, presumably today, at the liberty church in Grafton.  What, if anything, is going on?

eglove

WithoutAPaddle

Firefighters Battle Blaze at Peaceful Assembly Church in Grafton

Staff Report
Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Grafton — Multiple departments are responding to a fire at the Peaceful Assembly Church on Route 4 in Grafton.

The fire was toned out to at least two alarms shortly after 11 a.m.

At about noon, heavy smoke was billowing from both sides of the white structure with purple trim.

The church was built in 1798, according to a July 2015 article in the Concord Monitor.

Find a full report in the VALLEY NEWS.

Posted online Tuesday at 12:10 p.m. Follow the Valley News on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @VNewsUV.

Russell Kanning

How horrible. I wonder where John is and what happened.

Dave Ridley

Mainstream media report says one person is "unaccounted for."  However if the unaccounted person, whoever that is, had been inside during the fire and was killed or injured, I assume they would have accounted for them hours ago.  Does this mean there is a missing person?

Russell Kanning

I would guess the same thing. He must not have been there, but no one knows where he is.
If he was in the fire, I would think he would have just run out unless he was asleep.

Russell Kanning

I see the Subaru on the left side of the building. But I think he mostly drove the Honda.

Tom Sawyer

Dang, I hope everyone is OK and the building wasn't damaged too badly.

Russell Kanning

the newspaper said someone was killed .... that can't be a good sign

Russell Kanning

cxxguy

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 12, 2016, 04:29 PM NHFT
http://www.wmur.com/news/1-unaccounted-for-in-grafton-church-fire/37395446

Yeah, they updated their headline from unaccounted for to killed.  I don't like the sound of this.  Is it true that somebody was seen walking away from the building with a gas can, or is the statement above a joke?

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

Do you know something Seth or are you just fearing the worst?

SethCohn

Not confirmed, but either one of two things is possible:

1) It's not John, but he's missing, and some strange body was found in the fire.

2) It's John, and they haven't confirmed it officially, because of governmental bureaucracy, and needing to be 'sure'.

I find #2 far more plausible.

KBCraig

Quote from: blackie on January 12, 2016, 07:07 PM NHFT
I guess the question is now about the memorial service.

When and Where?

We have to wait for confirmation first, of course.

We all assume it's John, but that hasn't been confirmed.