• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Maybe the sky isn't falling

Started by Tom Sawyer, September 15, 2016, 10:38 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: KBCraig on September 16, 2016, 04:46 PM NHFT
I'm an anarchist because I don't believe that government is necessary. I'm a libertarian because I believe that it's inevitable.

That's a rather gloomy outlook.

Jay

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on September 16, 2016, 06:02 PM NHFT
I'm an anarchist because I don't believe that government is necessary. I'm a libertarian because I believe that it's inevitable.

That's a rather gloomy outlook.

It's even gloomier than you can probably even conceive of right now.

But I can say I'm much happier after accepting reality for what it is.

That doesn't mean I give up, that just means I'm through with thinking changing anything about government is going to make a difference. Palliative care is for the dying.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on September 16, 2016, 04:06 PM NHFT
some good cannibal repellant brands are 7.62 mm and .45 cal

But are they organic ?   

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 15, 2016, 10:38 AM NHFT
The libertarian movement often seems to be made up of a lot of Chicken Littles.

I had a friend that has a long time involvement with the movement and he helped me to be less pessimistic by telling me "... I see a bright and shining future." He then laid out all the positive progress he has seen and showed future likely scenarios . I appreciate him helping break me from the "death cult" of doom view.

Here is a place to count some blessings.
after all that .... the best you can do is "maybe the sky isn't falling"? wow what a Polyanna
btw didn't we have a thread or section of the forum for that ?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 15, 2016, 03:27 PM NHFT
The highway robbers are a threat. The fact that you are aware is one step closer to safe.
I survived 2 inspections the last 2 days
whew

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 15, 2016, 04:21 PM NHFT
I've driven over 300,000 miles without a license. I am well aware of the threats.  :)

Daytime travel, pick a holiday weekend. Odds are in your favor.
the DOT stations are often closed on weekends and at night
during holidays they seem to give up on us and go after the drunk drivers

Russell Kanning

Indeed. Some just think they're Johnny rebels ("Whattaya got?") -- whatever is winning is what they're against. The same people griping about Johnson/Weld would be bitching if the ticket were Harry Browne and Ron Paul. I think the real source of their anger is their cognitive dissonance: they have decided that there is some perfect balance between minarchism and anarchism, and they're going to stand astride a fulcrum that doesn't actually exist and shake their fists at everyone who is a nanometer to either side.
I can see that

Erroneous_Logic

I feel like I should clarify. I'm not worried about police so much right now at this moment. I'm worried about them in the near future, when the treasury market goes nuts and the dollar pukes its guts all over the place and everything gets weird and difficult for average people, financially speaking.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on September 21, 2016, 07:27 PM NHFT
I feel like I should clarify. I'm not worried about police so much right now at this moment. I'm worried about them in the near future, when the treasury market goes nuts and the dollar pukes its guts all over the place and everything gets weird and difficult for average people, financially speaking.

Hurry up and get here then.  ;D

I think there is a lot more wealth for them to inflate away.

Government is a parasite... a good parasite don't kill the host.

Erroneous_Logic

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 21, 2016, 07:45 PM NHFT
Hurry up and get here then.  ;D

I think there is a lot more wealth for them to inflate away.

Government is a parasite... a good parasite don't kill the host.

who said the government is a GOOD parasite? They're just as bad as viruses.
And you can think all you want, bonds are about to drop, while the yields go through the roof. Fed's going to freak out, panic, try at least three ridiculous 'solutions', and at that point, I think there won't be anyone left who cares what the fed does any more.

and i'm really trying. Pretty much everything I've got saved up is going into a new vehicle(that's a prerequisite, no way I'm trusting my hunk of junk that far), and at that point, I'm going to have a few dribs and drabs left over. So, let me know when you want to donate :P

Russell Kanning

never forget
"Maybe the sky ain't fallin"

Erroneous_Logic

Maybe. I have yet to see any supporting evidence, though :P

Erroneous_Logic

So, who's excited to watch the markets go nutso tomorrow? :)

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on September 26, 2016, 04:47 PM NHFT

Why are the markets going nuts tomorrow?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 26, 2016, 04:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on September 26, 2016, 04:47 PM NHFT

Why are the markets going nuts tomorrow?

Inquiring minds want to know.

When Erroneous_Logic talks people listen.

And other trademarked tag lines.  :D