• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Maineshark in jail, 4/29/19

Started by KBCraig, April 30, 2019, 07:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Any word on when they are going to have him in court?

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 27, 2019, 09:13 AM NHFT
Any word on when they are going to have him in court?

No hearing has been set yet. Just this morning, the judge denied the motion to release on bail without a hearing.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/crime/driver-shot-during-april-road-rage-on-route-had-it/article_b9bbfdad-246b-57da-8127-349077ac4918.html

Another thing I learned this week: the arresting officer is Mitch Briggs, son of Michael Briggs, the Manchester cop who was killed on duty. The younger Briggs works for Grafton part time and has not completed the police academy. When he does, Grafton will have two full time cops.

KBCraig

Today's article also cites a witness who said the other driver was the aggressor. This is what all of us who know Joe already expected.

KBCraig

Joe has a bail hearing at 9 a.m. Monday morning 6/10, at the Grafton courthouse in North Haverhill.

Short notice, but I intend to be there.

Free libertarian

If Joe was a cop he'd already have been found to have "feared for his life" and been back on the beat collecting revenue.   

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on June 10, 2019, 07:06 AM NHFT

If Joe was a cop he'd already have been found to have "feared for his life" and been back on the beat collecting revenue.   

Hell... he could have gone and shot the guys dog and burned his house to the ground as well!

KBCraig

The "bail hearing" turned out to not be one at all, even though that was the message left for Joe's attorney (she has the recording). There had to be some fit-throwing to even allow Joe to be "transported" the whole 500 yards from the jail to courtroom to even attend, for what turned out to nothing more than scheduling the trial date (8/20 for now), and an official request for a bail hearing (potentially July), along with attorney Penny Dean lodging her complaints about receiving discovery late, and on blank CDs.

Joe looked good, but of course we didn't get to talk.

KBCraig

Bail denied.

Because of course: it's Grafton County.

I couldn't attend this actual bail hearing because of a work schedule conflict, but I was told privately that it was ridiculously obvious that the fix is in.

I knew that the day after the last non-hearing, when the prosecutor's office that din't know nuffin, was featured in the Valley News with cites to all kinds of witnesses who suddenly had complaints about Joe's driving.

Russell Kanning

so I wonder what the next step is when the fix is in

Free libertarian

I'm guessing his trial was postponed?

Free libertarian

Tom Sawyer

Free libertarian

Thanks for the update info. Mr. Sawyer.   The no bail thing is disconcerting, but not surprising given that he's a libertyish person from Grafton.

Interesting take from the prosecutor - "Pastore on Monday filed an objection to the motion to find the state in contempt, saying the defense fails to take into account the "logistical impracticality" of calling the lab every day to find out the status of the results, and she asked Judge Lawrence MacLeod to dismiss the complaint because it "is without merit by any measure."     

It's like the prosecutor is trying to blame state bureaucracy for state incompetence, like the State's not a monolithic gang in this instance, but when the State prosecutes people the other side of it's mouth declares they act on behalf of "the whole state".

The Caanan Po Po camera footage is unavailable...I'm sure that's just a coincidence

Tom Sawyer

I guess we should just be revealed they didn't burn his compound house down

Free libertarian

Nope, they didn't burn his house down, but while he's held without bail  (judges god complex?) , the oxymoronic "property tax" meter is still whirring away.