• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Secession webpage?

Started by Kat Kanning, February 11, 2006, 06:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Would someone like to start a webpage for promoting the idea of New Hampshire Secession?

Caleb

I'll fund it if we get a volunteer to design it.  Not the content, per se, just the layout.

Caleb

tracysaboe

I keep thinking I'd like to put something like that together. But w/ working 68 hours a week between my 2 jobs, I don't have time. I post on the forum on my breaks, but can't really do any serious work.

It's something I definitely support though.

Tracy

sventola33

I'm interested in this. If you want, I can have a prototype finished in about a week. Maybe everyone can post ideas for content in another thread.

Friday

Does anyone know if "secession" counts as "sedition"? And if so, do they still execute people for that?

Russell Kanning

No ..... they torture you now.
They also call you an "enemy combatant" or an "insurgent", and send you to Guantanamo.

Did they kill everyone in the South?

sventola33

So, I take it Caleb is starting this? ???

Caleb

sventola33  (If that IS your real name  ;) )

Yeah, I'm starting it.  Sort of.  I sure as heck would love to have someone take the formatting out of my hands though.  I know next to nothing about websites.  I did purchase a domain name, though, through godaddy:  RepublicOfNH.org   Sorry, Ron, I liked the .gov idea, but we the people can't own a dot gov.

So ... if anyone wants to take it over, (while still cordially allowing me creative license to add to the website) ... its all yours.

Caleb

sventola33

That sounds good. I'll get a basic framework going, and we can iron out details afterwards.

Pat McCotter

As Jane said you should also get the .com and .net domains for RepublicofNH. Don't want someone else getting it and doing things you don't like.

Russell Kanning

There is no end of mischief that can be done....... I don't worry about those kinds of things too much.

Kat Kanning

If you guys think you can get some sort of webpage up and running by 2/23, I will print Caleb's snowball article along with your URL in the first Keene Free Press.  Let me know if you think you'd be ready for that.

AlanM

This idea is great. An idea, how about a sign-up type page, for everyone to put their name down as supporting secession.

Caleb

I think we are going to definitely have a link to where people can sign our declaration of independence.  I've even thought of having two links:  one for NH residents and one for "friends of the revolution" in other states.  What do you guys think? 

Kat ... I think you'll have to ask sventola if he can have it ready by 2/23.  He's doing most of this.  I can get him whatever content he needs to make the deadline, but he'll know better if we can physically get it going by then.

If you're going to print the snowball article, I may have to change the blurb.  ;)  As it stands now, its a pack of lies.

Caleb

Dave Ridley

<<<I think we are going to definitely have a link to where people can sign our declaration of independence.  I've even thought of having two links:  one for NH residents and one for "friends of the revolution" in other states.  What do you guys think?>>

Sounds good!