• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Publicity Sign Campaign

Started by candyvynwak, February 03, 2005, 02:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

candyvynwak

I think I'll bring this up at the next Seacoast meeting, but I have been considering making and putting up several "road" signs that say something to this effect:

They're Coming To NH
             Be Informed.
  www.FreeStateProject.com

The intent is to get publicity.  I would like feedback...

davemincin

Hey Candy! ;)...I like the idea....Perhaps we can get the attention of the Seacoast Progressive Alliance! :D

Been doing some checking, it appears they are a pretty website, but little more, except when the money rolls in from???? ???

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

I love the sign idea but prefer the idea of promoting the Underground (nhfree.com).  The FSP is by nature an outsider organization.   People react better to something local, which the Underground is.  The Underground is more active and vibrant. Lastly the FSP site is not really set up to do things in New Hampshire.

Here is one idea for an Underground sign:

Help Keep
NH *Free*
NHfree.com

davemincin

Hey Dada...Hear your words...but remember we are Seacoast Porc's too!

We have been able to generate some publicity for the Seacoast Porc's of late,
as well as the FSP.  Thinking in terms of recognition we should go with Candy's
idea...because many of the folks have an idea about the FSP, and that we are
comming, and given our recent press coverage, they know that the Seacoast
Porc's are real.  Perhaps we should add an addy to the Seacoast Porc's on our
signs?

Just keep in mind, think the underground is a super idea, and ROCK's, just know that
it has no name recognition over here save a few people.

Thinking if we can get the word out, they can find there way to the Underground.

Dave

intergraph19

Quote from: DadaOrwell on February 03, 2005, 06:24 PM NHFT
I love the sign idea but prefer the idea of promoting the Underground (nhfree.com).  The FSP is by nature an oursider organization.   People react better to something local, which the Underground is. 

Normally I would agree with this, since NH is a very "leave us the hell alone" state, but in this instance, I think the movement is more welcome than you know.  There are a lot of natives who are irritated at the liberals coming up here and changing things.  Especially the people from mass who come up here to get away from mass, then vote the place into being just like mass!!  People coming here who agree with us and are going to fight that sort of thing are more than welcome.  I mean, sure we'd rather all you non-natives left, except a select few ^_^, but let's be realistic, we can't kick you out.  I'm more than happy to see the scales evened out or even tipped back toward a more conservative slant.  I consider it reinforcements really. 

However, promoting nhunderground would be a good way to direct residents to where they too can help out. 

Russell Kanning

I also kindof like the FSP sign since people are wondering. 8)

It is also nice to hear that people want us to come.

Kat Kanning

I think the idea of the sign promoting the free state project is a great idea.  Unfortunately, I'm quite sure the people currently running the FSP would have a hissy fit about it.  I volunteered for the adopt-a-highway under the FSP name and have never heard the end of grief from them about it.

Better to promote the nhunderground and let people find out more about the FSP through there.

The reason this site is here is I got tired of fighting the FSP leadership.  So I decided we would go "underground" with our activities.  Right now, the FSP is functioning only despite its leaders.  It's a testament to the greatness of the idea that it's still moving on its own momentum.  I believe the FSP will work and we will eventually get 20,000 people to sign up, and a huge number of those people to move.  Most of that will have to be done while battling the bureaucrats who have taken over the FSP leadership.  Fortunately there are still some sane people in leadership roles ... people like Varrin and Bob Hull and Evan Nappen.  There's about 4 or 5 people who are really making it difficult for everyone.

That being said, if you did want to make a sign with the FSP url, I doubt there's anything they could do about it :)

davemincin

Expect I could add several names to your short list. ;)

FSPinNY

They're Coming To NH
       Be Informed.
www.FreeStateProject.com

I'd be concerned that the vast majority of people reading this would not visit the site and see this sign as an anti-free state position.  I picture the liberals driving by muttering, "damned free staters",
Though maybe we don't really care about them with this.  How about this:

They're coming to NH
  Find out the real story
www.freestateproject.com

That sounds more like it's in favor of the FSP...

davemincin

Hey NY...Personally I would be inclined to go with Cathy's sign, perhaps add a ! to be informed.
but expect I'm just me.  Thinking the various ideas are best to run by the folks at our next meeting
and see what they think.

Please understand all thoughts on this are most welcome.  You know the more heads, the better! :)

Dave Ridley

I still favor promoting the underground over FSP because people, when they get to NHUndergound.com aka NHfree.com, can jump right into action.  If they go to the FSP site what is there for them to do if they're NH residents?   What makes you think they'll scroll down to that little link that says NHunderground?

Our purpose is not to make the FSP more known, it is to to enhance liberty in NH.  Which organization is doing a better job of that, NHunderground or the FSP? 

candyvynwak

All this feedback is terrific -- just what I was looking for!  Thank you for all the support AND criticism.

Quote from: katdillon on February 04, 2005, 07:08 AM NHFT
Unfortunately, I'm quite sure the people currently running the FSP would have a hissy fit about it.

That being said, if you did want to make a sign with the FSP url, I doubt there's anything they could do about it :)

Hmmm... I hadn't considered this, since I assumed we would be working together...

Quote from: FSPinNY on February 04, 2005, 04:19 PM NHFT
I'd be concerned that the vast majority of people reading this would not visit the site and see this sign as an anti-free state position. I picture the liberals driving by muttering, "damned free staters",
Though maybe we don't really care about them with this. How about this:

They're coming to NH
Find out the real story
www.freestateproject.com

That sounds more like it's in favor of the FSP...

My intention was to sound neither opposed to, nor in favor of, so people couldn't make up their mind without going to the website (of course I understand some people will anyway).  My thought was that even if it did sound as if it were against the FSP, it would still get people motivated to check out what it is.

"Get informed" or "be informed" is just one of those action phrases that grabs attention.  To me, "find out the story" is more docile; less action-oriented, more like it is a hobby than an urgency.  That said, I still think we should consider your suggestion.  ;)

Quote from: DadaOrwell on February 04, 2005, 10:57 PM NHFT
I still favor promoting the underground over FSP because people, when they get to NHUndergound.com, can jump right into action. If they go to the FSP site what is there for them to do if they're NH residents? What makes you think they'll scroll down to that little link that says NHunderground?

Our purpose is not to make the FSP more known, it is to to enhance liberty in NH. Which organization is doing a better job of that, NHunderground or the FSP?

I absolutely agree with your main point, Dave, and that IS my ultimate intention.  However, here was my thought process:  Something like "Help Keep NH *Free*" would not grab attention or motivate as much as "They're coming!"  Before Kat mentioned the difficulty of using and/or changing the FSP website, I thought we might be able to put a large link, front and center of the page leading to the NHU that announces "WHAT WE ARE DOING LOCALLY" or "HOW YOU CAN HELP LOCALLY"... something like that.  Even as a liberty lover, the NHU was confusing to look at the first time;  I feel that the FSP site outlines who we are and what is going on very well.  More inviting.  Perhaps we just need to clarify the intentions at the top of the NHU, then heading directly here won't confuse people.  My concern is that NH Underground could be anything... a punk gang, a swingers club, whatever.
    Now, "help keep <something> free" will interest people that are already informed, value freedom, and are looking to get involved.  My interest is targeting younger or somewhat uninformed people in New Hampshire that are searching to be inspired or find something to fight for -- they just don't realize local freedoms being squelched.

Maybe I've just been around too many sales/marketing people, but to me "they're coming" piques my interest: "WHO is coming?  Why is it important enough to post a sign about THEM?  I'd better check it out."

How about this:

They're coming!
NH is changing; make sure you're ready:
              www.NHfree.com

Then, on NHU, we could state at the top something like, "We are fighting to keep government out of our lives.  Check out these local injustices and help us keep the New Hampshire people free."   When I got to the site and saw "Where Liberty Lovers Gather" with little icons next to it, I felt like maybe I fell in the back door to an exclusive group.  What does it mean to be a Liberty Lover?  Do I need to wear a uniform and pay dues?  Why would I want to join the group anyway?  What if it is a men's group or maybe you need Mayflower heritage to join or something?

By the way, Kat (and whoever else helps with this site) I DO love the site and you have clearly put lots of well spent time and work into it.  I certainly don't mean to belittle your efforts.  Once I explored a little more, since I had already found out what the group was about at the meeting, it became clear quickly that this is a varied website with lots of resources.  Maybe I'm the stupid minority, but I wanted to point out my initial impression.

cathleeninnh

That is a very good point. And dovetails nicely with what I told Kat yesterday. If we are going to target groups like teenagers with extreme tendencies, we have to have an appropriate website look or we won't grab them. Maybe that means different websites. Maybe it means a main page with several different "rooms" you can enter,all geared differently.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

Good ideas for the underground website....when we started this we didn't know what direction the wiki would take...it was planned chaos. :)

In fact the purpose of us creating the NHunderground wiki was to let people change things themselves. In fact Catherine...would you mind just making those changes to the front page yourself...that would be very helpful. If you need help getting started just ask me...even I can edit wiki pages and I don't know how to do any web design or anything. :)