• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Real ID, HB 1582

Started by Dave Ridley, March 24, 2006, 03:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: Pat McCotter on May 05, 2006, 08:01 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on May 05, 2006, 07:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: Roger Grant on May 05, 2006, 07:43 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on May 05, 2006, 07:26 AM NHFT
Quote from: Roger Grant on May 05, 2006, 07:16 AM NHFT
http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060505/REPOSITORY/605050360

"Grant filmed side conversations and passing crowds, but he had to curtail his information-gathering hours before the vote, when Senate staffers caught him trying to connect to the P.A. system. The camera was fine, security told him, but he couldn't tap into the sound box because he didn't have a press pass issued by the state."

Roger, it's easy to get a press pass, just apply for one and you will have it. CNHT has them.

Yes I can go to the State Police and get my ID. :)

The irony was thick.

No you get it at the post office I believe, it's not a police thing. There is not much to it...they give one to everyone.

From the post office? So it'a a Federal pass not state?

I'm not sure -- I'll ask Ed. It's a pretty benign process.

Russell Kanning

"There will be civil disobedience. Every DMV is a protest point,"said Roger Grant

Boy .... I haven't been in one of those in a long time. I don't miss them. I have never seen one of these offices in NH.

aries

What is required to obtain this press pass, and what does it entitle me to? I'll get one this weekend if I can.

Does it expire?

aries

Quote from: russellkanning on May 05, 2006, 08:06 AM NHFT
"There will be civil disobedience. Every DMV is a protest point,"said Roger Grant

Boy .... I haven't been in one of those in a long time. I don't miss them. I have never seen one of these offices in NH.
The one in my town is at State Troop F (I think that's the letter).

When I went for my license, nobody else was there, I took the test alone and had no waits. Must be in cities or something that they have these delays.

Does anybody know if non-driver IDs expire?

toowm

QuotePer the above points, one or two Republican Senators are the "Bad Guys" here. Gatsas did everything he could to beat this. I was not in the gallery and so am not 100% sure of this, but if Barnes introduced the amendment, he's Bad Guy #2. Our ire should be for these two, the real guys who gutted 1582, not everyone else who followed them. They were the enablers.

Denis-
I disagree. There was no way for the other Republican Senators to consider the amendment anything but a bold-faced political move. In stark contrast, they had a choice between their constituents and their party in Washington. In Stark contrast, they had a choice between living free or dying. They chose death for me and my family. If Letourneau voted 100% pro-liberty the rest of the session, I still could not vote for him; with the chips down and our beliefs directly on the line, he chose his party. With the other Senators, he showed what is most important to him.

New Hampshire Republicans have historically been more liberty-friendly than the national party. However, with the majorities in Washington, Bush's fundamental need for loyalty and obedience is killing the party. I expect some dissent this election year (unfortunately over immigration), but a big break in 2008 as the lame duck leaves. Our Senators could have provided leadership to a renewal of their party for the whole nation; instead they stuck with the lame horse. They cannot be trusted.

I will be looking at the liberty bona fides of my Reps, and encouraging someone to run against Letourneau. If Rep. Kurk could move to Derry, that would be fantastic!

CNHT

As was posted here earlier, currently the committee consists of these people with only the one * who we could have been sure was in support of 1582 in its original format. Perhaps we should divide up the list and target them for letter a writing/phone calling campaign? Help me out here, I can't do everything.  ;)

2 Senators appointed by Gatsas
2 Representatives appointed by Scanlon
Commissioner of Safety
Emergency Management Bureau
Commisioner of DMV
Governor Lynch*
State Treasurer
Bank Commissioner
Secretary of State
Attorney General
NH Police Chiefs Association
State Troopers Association
Professional Firefighters Association

CNHT

QuotePer the above points, one or two Republican Senators are the "Bad Guys" here. Gatsas did everything he could to beat this. I was not in the gallery and so am not 100% sure of this, but if Barnes introduced the amendment, he's Bad Guy #2. Our ire should be for these two, the real guys who gutted 1582, not everyone else who followed them. They were the enablers.

Denis, they were all bad guys, esp the ones who voted in the committee for OTP then turned coat.

I was appalled that Sheila could read such a letter to the Senators appealing to them to pass 1582 as is, then make a complete about face within the next two hours and vote for the amended version and I have let them know this.

On the other hand, I heard she tabled 626 which is a purely NH issue, and which she is not afraid to vote for the constituents' rights.

Dreepa

Think we can get Kurk to run for Senate?

Tom Sawyer

By the way I was not prevented from recording video.

I have the only footage of the event.

An hour and 15 min. of holding the camera steady, beads of sweat rolling down my face. They all were aware of my camera.

I will have my way with it... they will be presented in my terms, on my schedule. Meanwhile I have to make up for the revenue I gave up to cover this issue.

Dreepa

Quote from: Roger Grant on May 05, 2006, 08:45 AM NHFT
They all were aware of my camera.

I will have my way with it... they will be presented in my terms,

;D >:D ;D
A google video it will go.
Let the viral spiral continue.

Tom Sawyer

Gee Russell,  would have thought you would be happy that instead of me just slinking away I politely made an issue of it. I stood toe to toe with the Sargeant-at-Arms, and the head of security. Stood outside the Senate chamber dealing with whoever they sent to talk to me. Until the reporter came up to me and found out what was going on. Then I got Jenn in front of her, then I got John in front of her.

I asked John to present himself as from NHfree.com too bad that didn't make the story.

By the end of my interaction the Sargeant-at-Arms asked me for a No Real ID badge... he doesn't like it.

They allowed me to do things they wouldn't allow other spectators to do. And I turned a negative into a positive.

KBCraig

Quote from: Roger Grant on May 05, 2006, 07:16 AM NHFT
http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060505/REPOSITORY/605050360

(Barnes) "We are at war," he said. "I'm very happy that our government is doing this. I'll give some of my rights up: I don't mind going to the airport and taking my shoes off so some bum isn't coming along and blowing up the airplane I'm riding on."

I think it's time for ambush video, Moore style. Accost Barnes on the sidewalk and ask him to be frisked and searched, open his briefcase, take off his shoes, etc. He won't mind, since it's for security. After all, he has nothing to hide, right?

Grant filmed side conversations and passing crowds, but he had to curtail his information-gathering hours before the vote, when Senate staffers caught him trying to connect to the P.A. system. The camera was fine, security told him, but he couldn't tap into the sound box because he didn't have a press pass issued by the state.

>:D

Good try, Roger!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Roger Grant on May 05, 2006, 08:58 AM NHFT

Gee Russell,  would have thought you would be happy ...
Of course I am. :)

Ruger Mason

Quote from: tracysaboe on May 05, 2006, 04:07 AM NHFT
P.S. Forgive me for my pessimism. But these shenanagans that I'm seeing by the NH Senate on this issue depress me.

Many people are cynical about politics, but it doesn't really hit them just how truly nasty it is until they actually get involved and see firsthand just how dirty politics really is.  My work on the Manchester spending cap really drove this home for me, and I was really down about it because it was the maneuvering of lying politicians and state bureaucrats that killed it rather than the voters.

Its important to take it all in, learn from the experience, take it to the next level, and keep fighting.  The statists are winning because honest people get depressed, burnt out and quit.  Don't let it happen.

Also, move to New Hampshire.  The activist network here is strong, and helps bolster morale when we lose battles.  We will win more battles in time.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Ruger Mason on May 05, 2006, 09:22 AM NHFT
Quote from: tracysaboe on May 05, 2006, 04:07 AM NHFT
P.S. Forgive me for my pessimism. But these shenanagans that I'm seeing by the NH Senate on this issue depress me.

Many people are cynical about politics, but it doesn't really hit them just how truly nasty it is until they actually get involved and see firsthand just how dirty politics really is.  My work on the Manchester spending cap really drove this home for me, and I was really down about it because it was the maneuvering of lying politicians and state bureaucrats that killed it rather than the voters.

Its important to take it all in, learn from the experience, take it to the next level, and keep fighting.  The statists are winning because honest people get depressed, burnt out and quit.  Don't let it happen.

Also, move to New Hampshire.  The activist network here is strong, and helps bolster morale when we lose battles.  We will win more battles in time.

Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.
Otto von Bismarck
German Prussian politician (1815 - 1898)