• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How to help

Started by maxxoccupancy, March 29, 2006, 10:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

maxxoccupancy

For the record, I definitely did NOT start the flaming process; nor have I made personal attacks on other members; nor have I been shooting down people's ideas.  On the contrary, I have been talking about the need to get the ball rolling on a western fsp for two, and have been putting up with angry and negative comments from others for just as long.

I have given serious thought to giving up on this project out right.  I am not the only person taking flak for standing up for ideals.  I am also a union member.  I know that a lot of unions are crooked, but sometimes you need them.

I also know that many people cannot or will not move to New Hamshire.  For the thousands who were interested in the FSP, but who lost interest when NH was picked, what is our message?  I keep hearing that we should try to talk them into moving to NH anyway.  That doesn't sound realistic to me, so I proposed starting the WesternFSP discussion now.

I have gotten a lot of angry responses as a result.  I have proposed only constructive ideas since I joined.  I was one of the first 20 people to move here, after opting out of NH.  I have campaigned, volunteered, testified, and even run myself, while so many others were spending their time on these fora.

Do I have a right to be pissed off?  Am I right to want to leave the project?

--Max

Russell Kanning

You are right to be angry. You are right to leave the whole project. You have worked tirelessly on other's campaigns and your own. There are so few people that are willing to stand up and be counted in the political process and we should applaud each and every one.
I think you might have something Max. You could start a  WesternFSP project by targeting union members and recruiting them to move to California. That will be a lot easier than trying to get people to move to NH. It is way too cold here. Besides many states like California already have a huge base of union members to build from. I would say there are 100s of thousands maybe millions of Government workers that are represented my many fine unions.
One of my best friends is a shop steward for the engineers of the City of Ontario. He has been disturbed by some of the union's practices, but no group is perfect.

KBCraig

Karma for Max, just for being a fighter.

I'm also a union member and officer. I am emphatically not a fan of unions in general, nor even of my own union on a national level. People who share my political beliefs tend to not join (we're an open shop). While I understand, I keep telling them that they can't do anything about it by sitting on the sidelines.

Because the union does exist, and will exist whether or not I'm a member, and because their traditional lockstep march with the Democrat party pisses me off, I'm an active member working to stop the partisanship.

Kevin

Russell Kanning

You are right. The best strategy is to pay your dues and vote in union elections.

tracysaboe

Quote from: cliftonyte on April 01, 2006, 06:54 PM NHFT
KARMA.........I got slammed about -20 for sticking up for unions "in general" what a load of crap that was.

sticking up for a organization based on the principles of democracy

Hey atleast my job can't be outsourced to INDIA :P

sorry I am still a little sour about it.  :'(

just my 1 cent :peace:   :Bolt:

I think you'll find most of us don't have much use for democracy.

Tracy

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on April 02, 2006, 01:46 AM NHFT
You are right. The best strategy is to pay your dues and vote in union elections.
;D

Dreepa

Quote from: maxxoccupancy on April 01, 2006, 11:58 PM NHFT

--Max
Max sure you can be pissed.  Is that going to solve anything?
Can't you see that starting a WFSP is not wanted?  Maybe once we get 20K people moving to NH we can start another project with 10K moving in WY.  But people don't want to divide their efforts it is as simple as that.  Plus from what I understand... they went through all that 'pick a state' beforehand.

Caleb

If they don't want to move to NH, why don't you just tell them to start being an activist where they are.  How many times do we hear people talk about all the wonderful things they will do ... ONCE THEY MOVE to NH.  Tell them to start NOW, right where they are.

Caleb

Ron Helwig

Hey at least my job can't be outsourced to INDIA :P

My job IS being outsourced to India - Mumbai to be more specific. I've been told that the end of May is when they're letting me go.

I have no problem with that.

I lost my first job to a then recent Vietnamese immigrant. (It might have something to do with my having found a card on the floor while vacuuming - the boss was playing poker with some of the local cops)  >:D

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: russellkanning on April 02, 2006, 01:46 AM NHFT

Russell is on fire  :dragonball:

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: maxxoccupancy on April 01, 2006, 11:58 PM NHFT

--Max

Yes, you have a right to be pissed off.  Now, you are not right in wanting to leave the project.  You joined and moved to NH.  That is the project.  Why leave the freedom of NH, that is crazy talk?

OH, and I think you did start the flaming.

Also, did you win the election?  What happened?

cliftonyte

Quote from: Ron Helwig on April 02, 2006, 10:20 AM NHFT
Hey at least my job can't be outsourced to INDIA :P

My job IS being outsourced to India - Mumbai to be more specific. I've been told that the end of May is when they're letting me go.

I have no problem with that.

I lost my first job to a then recent Vietnamese immigrant. (It might have something to do with my having found a card on the floor while vacuuming - the boss was playing poker with some of the local cops)  >:D

I am sorry for your job loss. didn't mean to disrespect any one on a personal level.
My Aunt worked at a Makita plant in Goergia and they outsourced to Mexico. She was 1 year away from retiring and they completely sand bagged her. Nothing but a kick in the ass as she walked out the door. complete bull!  :protest:

Ron Helwig

Quote from: cliftonyte on April 02, 2006, 02:48 PM NHFT
Quote from: Ron Helwig on April 02, 2006, 10:20 AM NHFT
I am sorry for your job loss.

Why? I'm not.

Every time I've been laid off, it led to something better.

In fact, I've had this job far longer than any other job. It was getting time to move on anyway. Staying too long at one job means it'll get boring.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: freedominnh on April 02, 2006, 04:43 PM NHFT
Aren't you hawking building lots? ;D

Well, that one for $120K in Deerfield is the one across the pond from me, near the school.

I just want some Porcish neighbors.

Russell Kanning

Aren't many places dumping people right before retirement? There is nothing you can do about it but only work with people you can trust.