• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How to help

Started by maxxoccupancy, March 29, 2006, 10:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: maxxoccupancy on April 05, 2006, 05:32 PM NHFT
If we want to be free, this infighting has to stop.

--Max

you are right, I agree

Dreepa

Quote from: Dreepa on April 05, 2006, 08:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on March 30, 2006, 08:31 AM NHFT
Have you signed First1000?

www.pledgebank.com/first1000

10 Karma points for you if you do.
max?
Max signed.  Thank Max.
Anyone want to help me give him a bump?

Fluff and Stuff

Russell Kanning

So Max will stay in NH if 1000 people sign up?

Dreepa

Quote from: freedominnh on April 06, 2006, 07:49 AM NHFT
Franchising a free press is that like an oxymoron?
I think that this is in the wrong thread.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Dreepa on April 06, 2006, 07:02 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on April 05, 2006, 08:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on March 30, 2006, 08:31 AM NHFT
Have you signed First1000?

www.pledgebank.com/first1000

10 Karma points for you if you do.
max?
Max signed.  Thank Max.
Anyone want to help me give him a bump?

Done!

Fluff and Stuff

Is anyone keeping track of how many karma Max is given?  I just gave him a 2nd one.  Another one on Friday!

Russell Kanning

I give him one every day if possible.

Kat Kanning

Up or down, Russell?   >:D

maxxoccupancy

Don't bother, I don't believe in that stupid karma thing.  It's just another opportunity for people to flame eachother.  Most of the posts that are going up contribute nothing to keeping NH free.

Everyone who signs the first 1,000 pledge is agreeing to move here and get politically active if we reach 1,000 signatories by the end of the year.  By definition, everyone who has made the move can sign up.  I know a few fspers who are here who haven't signed on yet.  I am trying to get them to do so.

After all of the personal attacks I've seen made against people on this site, I'm not so sure that we should be telling the general public to visit nhfree.com to learn about what we're doing.  I just tell people to point their web browsers to nhliberty.org, much friendlier and more productive.

I want NH to be free.  I want it to serve as a good example of a free state.  I don't want it to become like the other states where freedom loving people just fight amongst themselves.  Russel and Kat have been putting a lot of personal attacks up on this forum.  Read this thread over again and count how many constructive posts there are.

There are more attacks than ideas.  There is more noise than signal.

We have to build up our pool of activists, candidates, donors, campaign managers, signature gatherers, and people who are willing to get off their asses and do something.  There are a few people here doing nearly all of the work.

I have been saying this for two years.  For two years, a small number of people have actually done the work that needed to be done.  For two years, a few people have ignored the pledge they signed to become politically active in the free state.  I cannot begin to express the frustration that this leaves me with.

During my Selectman campaign, I doorbelled, handed out refrigerator magnets, did lit drops, and put up signs.  I have met with activists, helped out on numerous campaigns, testified before the legislature, and gone down to City Hall.

And for two years, I have seen a small number of people do nothing but cause problems, here.  The subject of this thread is how to help out the FSP.  Even THIS thread is inundated with counterproductive flaming and infighting.

Put up, or shut up.

--Max

Russell Kanning

I do regret some of the things I have done over the last year or two. I regret any political activity I have engaged in.

I find your posts amusing.

Are you telling me to honor my pledge to the FSP to do political work in NH or shut up? Seriously?

Max .... I do not think we are infighting. We have different goals.

AlanM

Statement of Intent

I hereby state my solemn intent to move to the state of New Hampshire. Once there, I will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of civil government is the protection of life, liberty, and property.

Max, I don't see anything in the Statement of Intent that requires political involvement.

I am a native of NH. I am not a member of the FSP.

Do not presume to tell me what I must, or must not do. That is not freedom.

d_goddard

Quote from: maxxoccupancy on April 09, 2006, 12:55 AM NHFT
After all of the personal attacks I've seen made against people on this site, I'm not so sure that we should be telling the general public to visit nhfree.com to learn about what we're doing.
I used to think exactly the same thing. That's why I didn't post or visit here at all for about 6 months.

Then about 2 months ago I ran into DadaOrwell when he was giving testimony at the State House. He included an exhortation to visit nhfree.com in his testimony. That got me interested, so I began to lurk again. Then I saw Rearden posting about the Fire Brigade.

What I see here these days is pretty high-quality discussion, compared with lots of discussion forums on the 'net. At least a goodly number of folks here are active, doing real things to make NH free. That's why I post here these days, and that's why I link to nhfree.com from my site.
While I'm on the topic I may as well pimp it:
http://freestateblogs.net

I just tell people to point their web browsers to nhliberty.org, much friendlier and more productive.

I hate to say this, but I strongly suggest you reconsider.
Yes, I am an NHLA fanboy. Yes, I point people to the NHLA as an organization at every single opportunity. But the forum there is dead, dead, better to remove it or redirect it to nhfree.com, because it's embarassingly dead. Someone who goes there would think there is no pro-liberty action here in NH!

That said, I do belive that appearing to testify before a House Committee even once has more weight than 10,000 posts, or even than marching up and down the street in the freezing cold holding protest signs.

Read this thread over again and count how many constructive posts there are.
There are more attacks than ideas.  There is more noise than signal.
I hear ya. Those goddam libertarians and web forums! :P

Seriously, though, I am very much a pro-good manners activist. I feel a bit like Fraiser in that episode where he railed against rudeness, yelling into the night:
"People of Seattle! Listen to me! We are not barbarians, we are not neanderthals, and we are not French!"

<<typo: "like to" corrected to "link to">>

KBCraig

Don't bother, I don't believe in that stupid karma thing. 

I've never worried too much about karma points, beyond finding it curious. Sometimes mine goes up for no apparent reason, then goes down when I do something good. I guess it all averages out.

FrankChodorov

QuoteFor two years, a few people have ignored the pledge they signed to become politically active in the free state.  I cannot begin to express the frustration that this leaves me with.

if you are a serious anarchist then participating in any of the state's activities including voting or running for office is anathema...