• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How to help

Started by maxxoccupancy, March 29, 2006, 10:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: russellkanning on April 02, 2006, 07:44 PM NHFT
Aren't many places dumping people right before retirement? There is nothing you can do about it but only work with people you can trust.
Or, save for retirement yourself, just incase.  That is what I plan on doing.

Dreepa

Quote from: russellkanning on April 02, 2006, 07:44 PM NHFT
Aren't many places dumping people right before retirement? There is nothing you can do about it but only work with people you can trust.
many 'new' companies don't have retirement plans anymore. Esp in software.
We just opened up an office in India, hiring 12 people there.  Loss to US workers?  Zero.  We couldn't find qualified US people willing to work 5pm - 1am shift and weekends. Capitalism baby.

Barterer

Quote from: Dreepa on April 02, 2006, 08:38 AM NHFT
Quote from: maxxoccupancy on April 01, 2006, 11:58 PM NHFT
Do I have a right to be pissed off?  Am I right to want to leave the project?

--Max
Max sure you can be pissed.  Is that going to solve anything?
Can't you see that starting a WFSP is not wanted?  Maybe once we get 20K people moving to NH we can start another project with 10K moving in WY.  But people don't want to divide their efforts it is as simple as that.  Plus from what I understand... they went through all that 'pick a state' beforehand.
No need to divide efforts, there is already one - Free State Wyoming set up by Boston T. Party. He mints coins and everything.
www.freestatewyoming.org
Not that I'm moving there, just interesting s'all.  ;)

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Barterer on April 03, 2006, 08:55 AM NHFT
No need to divide efforts, there is already one - Free State Wyoming set up by Boston T. Party. He mints coins and everything.

Yes, Max already knowns about that.  He just likes to troll and start fights.

Russell Kanning

I haven't heard anything from any of the WY/MT/ID/AK "free state" type groups. I wonder if anything is happening.

Barterer

I just read the whole thread on this at the FSP forum.  I'll start taking Max's posts seriously again once he answers the question of what he thinks of the other gulch-type projects already in place.  Those questions are ignored, yet another project with the FSP label is supposed to get all sorts of new excitement and media attention?  On the contrary, another FSP would only be taken seriously after the first is a success.  I can see the eye-rolling already.. what, there's another FSP? Stretching a little thin, are we?  The FSP was an excercise in concentration, right?  Or like Dreepa says, why not have 50 FSPs?  Whoooeee! Fifty times the excitement!

The reason interest "dropped off dramatically" after NH was chosen is because people were tuned in to see if their home state would be it, thereby making the "move" effortless.  The dropoff would have occurred no matter what state was chosen..  it was not because NH has a particular disadvantage some other states don't have. 

The proximity and weather arguments don't really work either.  It is almost as easy to move across the country as to a neighboring state.. you have to uproot anyway.  And the disadvantage of living in a hot-weather state is all but ignored.  Air conditioning bills, anyone?  I live in Texas, but I'm glad NH was chosen over a closer, hotter state like Oklahoma.

Dreepa

Quote from: Barterer on April 03, 2006, 12:14 PM NHFT
The reason interest "dropped off dramatically" after NH was chosen is because people were tuned in to see if their home state would be it, thereby making the "move" effortless. 
Exactly!
Summer Patriots!

cliftonyte

Why not try and focus more on recruiting N.H. natives/residents. the people I talk with every day seem to be dissatisfied with our current goverment/the system or just society in general. I think the residents of N.H. could be targeted for recruitment???? :grouphug:

Lloyd Danforth

Many have joined in our efforts in NH, but, they can't become a statistic towards the 20K.

d_goddard

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 03, 2006, 05:01 PM NHFT
Many have joined in our efforts in NH, but, they can't become a statistic towards the 20K.

At this point, I believe we much much better-served by connecting with and energizing the tens of thousands of Freedom-lovers here in NH than in getting the FSP closer to its 20,000 goal.

A few key successes will do more to draw people to the FSP than any amount of FSP advertising.
And from what I'm seeing, just a few dozen people in-state are enough to get some awesome pro-Liberty laws passed, and to block some Statist propositions.

NHFree.com is a fantastic way to engage & energize the NH Natives.
For that matter, so is KFP -- I'd like to see it get a wider circulation, and maybe sprout copycat papers all over the state.

Dreepa

Quote from: cliftonyte on April 03, 2006, 04:47 PM NHFT
Why not try and focus more on recruiting N.H. natives/residents. the people I talk with every day seem to be dissatisfied with our current goverment/the system or just society in general. I think the residents of N.H. could be targeted for recruitment???? :grouphug:
That is exactly what we movers are doing. Meeting locals and finding allies.
They can't be included in the 20k but who cares.

d_goddard

Quote from: Dreepa on April 03, 2006, 08:02 PM NHFT
That is exactly what we movers are doing. Meeting locals and finding allies.

I recently had a conversation with my pharmacist, at the Osco in Nashua. He mentioned the amount of Red Tape and Hoops they have to jump thru; I mentioned what a horrible load of red tape is in HB1714, and that I testified against it.
He was pretty interested, so I gave him an NHLA tri-fold (yes, I do carry them with me pretty much everywhere).

This kind of engagement really matters, with the folks you meet in day-to-day life: at the checkout counters, in the elevators, at the coffee shop. It's amazing how frequently I barely have to broach the subject, and the people here are ready to complain about Government. It just takes a little nudge to move them from "Endless whining and complaining" to "Activism!"

:D

maxxoccupancy

Quote from: TN-FSP on April 03, 2006, 09:42 AM NHFT
Quote from: Barterer on April 03, 2006, 08:55 AM NHFT

Yes, Max already knowns about that.  He just likes to troll and start fights.

This is more of the flaming that we don't need.  I have offered nothing but constructive ideas and activism from day one.  I was one of the first few people to actually make the move, and I know very few people who have put forward more time than I have.

It doesn't help that people forward ideas and get flamed for them.  The people in power are in power because we fight amongst ourselves.  If we want to be free, this infighting has to stop.

--Max

Russell Kanning

Maybe it isn't infighting.

Dreepa

Quote from: Dreepa on March 30, 2006, 08:31 AM NHFT
Have you signed First1000?

www.pledgebank.com/first1000

10 Karma points for you if you do.
max?