• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Specialty grocery stores in southern NH - organic

Started by 9thmoon, May 16, 2006, 11:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

I was 'Organic' gardening years ago and have seen an increasing availability in organic products.  I know that not all of these 'organic' farms were started in virgin soil. How long does the chemical stuff once used on this soil stays around even when the soil has been increased with compost, manure and the turning in of green manure.

Kat Kanning

In regards to health, when I eat non-organic apples and some other fruit, my mouth starts burning.  No problem with the organic stuff.

Tunga

It's really cool how genetically engineered corn kills the butterflies that it needs to be pollenated.
The final solution to the worlds overpopulation problem is being engineered right now by Monsanto.

Farmers are already being proceecuted for growing seeds that don't have Monsantos "suicide gene" encoded into them.

Hey Monsanto. Fuck you!

Love,
Tunga

Kat Kanning

One need only look at Tunga's photo to see what eating genetically engineered food does to you!  ;)

Tunga

From Laws posted article:

Dr. Erwin Chargoff is an eminent biochemist. He?s often referred to as the father of molecular biology. He said that he considers genetic engineering a ?molecular Auschwitz,? and warned that ?the technology of genetic engineering poses a greater threat to the world than the advent of nuclear technology. An irreversible attack on the biosphere is something so unheard - of, so unthinkable to previous generations, that I only wish that mine had not been guilty of it.?

To repeat:

Hey Monsanto, Fuck you!

Tunga

http://action.web.ca/home/oen/whatsnew.shtml?x=83499&AA_EX_Session=2dcf02a7731a3203a171ccef2f9bedd0

Ottawa, October 25, 2005 ? Today Greenpeace and the Ban Terminator Campaign revealed that new patents have been granted in both Canada and Europe for a Terminator technology owned jointly by US seed corporation Delta & Pine Land and the United States Department of Agriculture. The patents were granted on October 11 and 5 respectively. The move confirms the greatest fears of farmers?, Indigenous peoples groups and social movements across the world that Terminator technology is once again being pushed towards commercialization.

Terminator seeds are genetically engineered to be sterile after first harvest so farmers cannot use the seed in the next season. It would force farmers to buy seed every year and concentrate even more power in the hands of major biotechnology and seed corporations. Intensive global uproar has kept the technology from being field-tested or commercialized but companies are now pushing for acceptance.

Dreepa

Scott I don't think they were agree with it.

However, if someone knows they are buying sterile seeds and knows what they are buying I don't have a problem with it.

Lloyd Danforth

Most of the veggies we eat and many that gardeners grow are hybrids and their seeds do not produce good plants.