• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

For those new to web forums: Don't feed the trolls

Started by Dave Ridley, February 09, 2005, 03:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

TEBON

Thanks for the info, I think I'll head over there and check it out. . .

as for the conversation starter (ender), with my friends, they know how bad MA is. . . but they are the "pot smoking" types. . . but we come to a head again. .  there is no unity.  You have one pro-marijuana group, who is liberal, and will go into talking about Bush and Iraq, you have the people that think kids should smoke weed by law by the time they're 3. . . you have the group that wants decriminalization, the group that wants legalization, and they all fight each other. . . . a little unity speaks more than 40 groups having a similar goal, but the small groups have that ability to piss off every stereotype every political party. . . I just get frustrated when I see so many groups doing the same thing. . .  usually me talking about Free State is a conversation ENDER. . . no matter how hard I try

I do appreciate these ideas, because I have that burning in my stomach that I'm not doing enough, and now I have some things that I can do.  But I'm pretty fed up with the people of my state. . . I'm giving up on them. . . it seems that most are a lost cause. . . and even if they seem interested. . . if I don't know them well enough it won't work. . . because they'll hear me say "no income or sales tax". . . and they'll come to NH. . . but then they'll want to be non-self sufficient and want their curbside pickup and to remove all guns from society (except for those that can get them illegally).

but thanks again all.

Quote from: Braddogg on December 17, 2006, 01:09 AM NHFT
Quote from: Dreepa on December 16, 2006, 11:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: TEBON on December 16, 2006, 09:45 PM NHFT
I don't mean to sound like a dink or anything, I'm sure some of you will think I am. . .and that's quite fine with me.
None of these things are protests but action.
If you want something more NH centric.... you can start reading the new bills that are going before the house.
NHLA is always looking for volunteers.
(you could join the NHLA)

Yep.  I've got another year to spend in Boston.  I joined the NHLA and will be doing bill triage over the winter semester break.  I bought some NHLA and FSP shirts, and I talk about the FSP with my friends.  They're good conversation starters (enders?).

Dreepa

Tebon I hear that.
Sometimes I feel that the FSPers are like that.
Come on up to NH fast.
www.pledgebank.com/first1000

Rosie the Riveter

Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy and then I realize I'm reading a troll post.... :BangHead:

Why do they just say the same damn thing over and over and over and over?

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Kevin Bean

Quote from: castle_chaser on December 23, 2006, 06:56 PM NHFT
Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy and then I realize I'm reading a troll post.... :BangHead:

Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent

error

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Bill Grennon on December 24, 2006, 10:29 AM NHFT

Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent,Economic Rent

:Bolt:

outlaw4freedom

Man, we all seem to do it. All it takes is reading one message that makes you go "whoa" and rattle your cage. Then all it takes is momentum...

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 24, 2006, 06:59 AM NHFT
There is an "ignore" button.

Unfortunatly when you respect that person's opinion and disagree on few... don't want to ignore them. Its all about self-control :)

Besides, you can still be you without defending yourself on here. Its easy to want the forum thread to end with your opinion, but it just doesn't work that way.

"The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."-Michael Konda

TEBON

Quote from: outlaw4freedom on December 31, 2006, 03:29 PM NHFT

Man, we all seem to do it. All it takes is reading one message that makes you go "whoa" and rattle your cage. Then all it takes is momentum...

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 24, 2006, 06:59 AM NHFT
There is an "ignore" button.

Unfortunatly when you respect that person's opinion and disagree on few... don't want to ignore them. Its all about self-control :)

Besides, you can still be you without defending yourself on here. Its easy to want the forum thread to end with your opinion, but it just doesn't work that way.

"The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own." Tell a Friend-Michael Konda
:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Kat Kanning

Please people, don't reply to the trolls.  It just makes the spam worse.  The ignore button works great.

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 19, 2007, 06:02 PM NHFT
Please people, don't reply to the trolls.  It just makes the spam worse.  The ignore button works great.

I have been getting better at this lately-- It has taken me a while to get to the point where I don't HAVE to argue, but I'm there now and it feels great! I can read entire enraging threads and say nothing -- It has been a good life lesson  :)

CNHT

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 19, 2007, 06:02 PM NHFT

Yes but I guess when someone is talking about being 'willing to kill' like that Paul guy continues to do, I get a little worried... LOL