• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fighting the Tide

Started by GT, February 11, 2005, 07:17 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

Some days it sure does feel like your trying to hold back the tide. National ID, RFID chips, seat belt  laws, shampoo. Seems like the NH House is proposing a thousand useless laws. All of the insaner "for the children" stuff. It amazes me that more people don't scream about this stuff.

Kat Kanning

That's just how I feel today.   :(

Lloyd Danforth

So, where is the evidence that any of those republicans that we were asked to support by the NHLA have done anything to stop any of this legislation, much less, propose Pro-Liberty legislation?

GT

I'm trying to adjust my attitude. The local deliberative session is tonight for a 54+ million dollar school budget. The only people who seem to show up are the "gee maybe we should spend some more" types. The Superintendant has already started whining in the papers that we should get more state aide. :(

GT

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 11, 2005, 08:07 AM NHFT
So, where is the evidence that any of those republicans that we were asked to support by the NHLA have done anything to stop any of this legislation, much less, propose Pro-Liberty legislation?

Who was on the list? New Hampshire voting records are pretty easy to access.

davemincin

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 11, 2005, 08:07 AM NHFT

All that info will be available when the NHLA liberty index is completed.  Until then, think it is asking a little much of the folks who are working so hard, to do more.

BTW Bic sponsored H B 136, which at least in my opinion was pretty liberty friendly. ;)

GT

HB 136. The committe report was 19-0 that the bill is ITL (Inexpedient to Legislate)

Edited post. HB136 was HB139

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: davemincin on February 11, 2005, 08:21 AM NHFT

All that info will be available when the NHLA liberty index is completed.? Until then, think it is asking a little much of the folks who are working so hard, to do more.

Dave, are you refering to the activists spawned by FSP who, study and report on legislation, write LTE's, and show up for everything, or, the reps we backed, whose JOB it is to do ALL, not, just  MORE?   Who, other than Henry, an ex rep, has shown up for anything?   Where is the quid quo pro for our support of these reps?

AlanM

AlanM

Quote from: GDouglas on February 11, 2005, 08:28 AM NHFT
HB 139. The committe report was 19-0 that the bill is ITL (Inexpedient to Legislate)

HB139? Is this the bill you are referencing? HB139 is about a special moose permit raffle. It is still in committee.

GT

Quote from: AlanM on February 11, 2005, 09:00 AM NHFT
Quote from: GDouglas on February 11, 2005, 08:28 AM NHFT
HB 139. The committe report was 19-0 that the bill is ITL (Inexpedient to Legislate)

HB139? Is this the bill you are referencing? HB139 is about a special moose permit raffle. It is still in committee.

I fixed my initial post. I should have said HB136.

davemincin

Lloyd...not really sure were you are going with this? ?We have been quietly working to establish credibility and gain the ear of a number of the reps. ?Think it is a little much to expect, just because we supported there election efforts that they follow us blindly to the gates of Hell.

While I agree we have accomplished much in a short time, keep in mind that we are the new kids on the block, and need to continue to do more to be considered as serious players.

Truth is, re the Hampton affair, I did call Lee Quandt (North Hampton). ?He suggested I call a couple of the Hampton reps. ?He said the way it works here, you need to get the support of
the local reps to be effective locally. ?Unfortunately I have not been able to make contact.

I guess my question is: ?What do you think the reps should be doing? ?I have no problem asking
as time permits.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: davemincin on February 11, 2005, 09:35 AM NHFT
Lloyd...not really sure were you are going with this? ?We have been quietly working to establish credibility and gain the ear of a number of the reps. ?Think it is a little much to expect, just because we supported there election efforts that they follow us blindly to the gates of Hell.

While I agree we have accomplished much in a short time, keep in mind that we are the new kids on the block, and need to continue to do more to be considered as serious players.

Truth is, re the Hampton affair, I did call Lee Quandt (North Hampton). ?He suggested I call a couple of the Hampton reps. ?He said the way it works here, you need to get the support of
the local reps to be effective locally. ?Unfortunately I have not been able to make contact.

I guess my question is: ?What do you think the reps should be doing? ?I have no problem asking
as time permits.

At a minumun, this:

REPUBLICAN CHALLENGER, CHET LAPOINTE BLASTS CHARLIE BASS

(CONCORD, NH February 11, 2005) ? The Lapointe 2006 Committee, the official committee of Republican Chester Lapointe who is so far the only primary challenger to Congressman Charlie Bass, released an official statement blasting Bass on his recent sponsorship and aye vote in favor of HR 418 (The REAL ID Act of 2005).

?I pose this question to the Congressman, are you trying to enable big brother here? Were we not the same party opposing such frivolous violations of privacy when Democrats were proposing National ID cards in the 1990?s?? said Mr. Lapointe this morning.

Lapointe also call the Congressmen?s vote on HR418 ?absurd? and ?tyrannical? and calls on all New Hampshire residents to call their Senators to prevent this bill from also passing in the Senate.

Chester Lapointe, formerly of Keene, now of Concord, served as State Representative from 2000 until 2002. He is an active supporter of New Hampshire Young Republicans, is a member of the GOP as well as the Libertarian and Constitution Parties.

###

davemincin

Ok hear what you are saying and hope you come up to Concord to start talking to some of the reps.

Just know the pledge I signed, said I would work within the system, locally and on the state level to reduce the size and scope of government, and will do what I can in that arena.

Respect you folks who think you can take on the Fed's now, and will do nothing to put a crimp in what you are doing, but just, personally, don't think we are ready to take them on.

Just going to do what I can locally and state wide to promote freedom.  My thinking is to try and do the national thing only, spreads us to thin.

Just my thought, but thinking we should not try and take to much on to quick.

Really believe we are on the right track, and so thankful for all the folks who have been pitching in, but just know part of me is also a realist and we have a long road to hoe, and getting into national politics will just bleed of us of energy we need in NH.

Lloyd Danforth

I was thinking more about some of NH's reps acceptance/lack of resistance to both national stuff and NH stuff.