• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Submission for KFP : "Property Taxes are Communism"

Started by FTL_Ian, June 06, 2006, 04:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

It didn't seem to help?  What did you want from him? 

Jesus didn't promise anyone riches, fame, security, happiness, or any other thing that this world esteems.

He promised that if you were doing the right thing, you would be hated, persecuted, imprisoned, flogged, and perhaps killed.  Of his eleven closest friends, only ONE died a natural death.  The rest were brutally murdered.  As far as I can tell, following Christ isn't supposed to improve your lot in life in the here and now.  At least, not with respect to tangible, physical things.
I think that he is floating around up there somewhere but that he doesn't really have the power to save anyone else

He said that he could.  He's not a man known for his flakiness.  How could a man of such wisdom be so wrong about something so important?

Caleb

Caleb

I find that God speaks through people a lot, Law.  Sometimes through our own heart.  Sometimes through music. 

He does communicate.  But we have to quiet our own fears and listen.  And that's the hardest thing to do.  I've been there, am there, and will be there again I'm sure.

Trusting Christ is not a magic key that solves every problem.  It can clarify some of them, but we live in a world that's pretty messed up.  Salvation is for eternity.  Sometimes with our short life spans we lose sight of the larger picture.  That was the hardest thing for me to accept coming to Christ.

Caleb

Caleb

Consider the magnitude of the problem, Law.  ;)  I mean, it took billions of years to create everything we have now, and that's much simpler than convincing Tracey to use a spell checker.  :)

Pat McCotter

ODE TO SPELL CHECKERS
I have a spelling checker
I disc covered four my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot see.
Eye ran this poem threw it.
Your sure real glad two no.
Its very polished in its weigh,
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a blessing.
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.