• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Police breaking the 4th amendment - underage drinking event

Started by Russell Kanning, August 29, 2006, 08:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Welcome aboard, it's always good to have friendly attorneys around.   8)

When are you planning on arriving in NH?

Spencer

I'm planning to take the next bar exam in NH (February 2007) -- although it is not my idea of fun to take another bar exam.

That'll give me a second chance in July 2007 to take it and still get to NH toward the end of 2007.

Long answer to a simple question.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Spencer on August 30, 2006, 11:04 PM NHFT
I'm planning to take the next bar exam in NH (February 2007) -- although it is not my idea of fun to take another bar exam.

That'll give me a second chance in July 2007 to take it and still get to NH toward the end of 2007.

good luck with that....the NH bar is one of the hardest in the country.

tracysaboe

Quote from: Spencer on August 30, 2006, 11:04 PM NHFT

So, I'll be the first to ask. . . . Have you signed the 1st 1000 pledge yet?

And if not, could somebody else post the link? I don't know what it is.

Tracy

Soundwave

Russell Kanning

You do not have to be a lawyer or have to sign some pledge to join us on the 9th.
We should have quite a few guys wandering around that night having a good ol time. The college guys will have a table for their group and this event on 8/7.
Has Sean picked up the green ribbon yet? We were talking about having that identifier today while we stalked the irs today. :)

Spencer

Yes, I've signed the F1K (so has my wife).

Thanks for the great news, Frank.

Nikiya

I think I should be up for a little CD by then, I have one backpack.  Don't know how many people I'll be bringing yet, but this sounds like a fun little way to poke back a little. >:D

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Russell's suggesting we set up a Tyranny-Free Zone in downtown.

Russell Kanning

Also .... civil disobedience is not necessary to join this party. We will have lots of people just having fun on main street with backpacks on. :) I probably will not have any beer on me .... and I am over 21. But I do not have ID .... and I might be supplying youngsters with drinks. We will all be doing different things.

Maybe we could take back territory from the cops. We could start with the part of main street just north of the college. People can whistle if they are being hassled by the cops.

earthhaven

Students for Free Minds and Free Markets will have a table set up Thursday the 7th at Keene State outside the Student Center. We're running an Operation Politically Homeless table, but we also want to give away green ribbons for people to put on their backpacks. This will signify to the cops "I do not consent to searches." I think this would be awesome if it caught on. As most students have little to no idea what their rights are, we also want to hand out wallet sized business cards with some good 4th Amendment advice on them. If anyone has any suggestions for the wording that would be great.

Kat Kanning

Spencer

While I'm not a card-carrying member (because of their intellectually dishonest reading of the 2nd Amendment as a "collective" right), the ACLU does put out some good stuff, including a card describing your rights in various encounters with the police (it is available in PDF format at the following link: http://action.aclu.org/site/DocServer/know_your_rights.pdf?docID=161).

Pamphlets, etc. are available at http://action.aclu.org/site/PageServer?pagename=AS_downloads

earthhaven