• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I Quit

Started by error, October 11, 2006, 11:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: Spencer on October 13, 2006, 12:30 AM NHFT
When you feel discouraged, just think of how many tax dollars that you're not paying on the packs of cigarettes that you're not smoking.

Applause for that.  ;D

John

When you feel discouraged, just think of how many tax dollars that you're not paying on the packs of cigarettes that you're not smoking.

Think of it as your personal Boston Tea Party!

On the other hand I'm not so pure . . . I was just talking/smoking/hanging out with an imigrant who said: "In my country; this." [That's a direct quote.]  After some time passed, I traded for some tiny smokes called "bidies" from the imigrant . . . $1 per pack of 25 . . . "PROBABLY" NOT APROVED BY ANYONE in "my government" but they are/taste/smell nicer than the ones that the/my FED GOV aproves.

Still better to quit!

aries

Quote from: John on October 13, 2006, 05:07 AM NHFT
Think of it as your personal Boston Tea Party!

On the other hand I'm not so pure . . . I was just talking/smoking/hanging out with an imigrant who said: "In my country; this." [That's a direct quote.]  After some time passed, I traded for some tiny smokes called "bidies" from the imigrant . . . $1 per pack of 25 . . . "PROBABLY" NOT APROVED BY ANYONE in "my government" but they are/taste/smell nicer than the ones that the/my FED GOV aproves.

Still better to quit!

I thought the government banned bidis... I've never seen them before.

error

I'm feeling doubly homicidal tonight. I can't relax and I can't write. And I'm having very disturbing fantasies about what needs to happen to that cop who went nuts and started pepper spraying all those kids for no reason.

FTL_Ian

Stay strong, error.  The worst will be over soon.  Depending on your habit, you may start coughing up black/brown lung funk, as I understand it.

Recumbent ReCycler

Stay strong error, and think about all of the money that you will be able to keep because it's not going to the government in the form of cigarette taxes.  Congratulations on quitting.

PinoX7

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on October 16, 2006, 10:54 AM NHFT
Stay strong error, and think about all of the money that you will be able to keep because it's not going to the government in the form of cigarette taxes.  Congratulations on quitting.

hehe, dont read previous posts huh?

maineiac

This thread reminds me of something I got a big kick out of that happened many moons ago when I was in high school which I'll never forget.

One of my friends decided to quit cigarettes and maintained that the process was relatively painless for him. He told me that whenever he craved a cigarette, he would simply twist up a doob and smoke that instead. Then he opened up the satchel he was lugging around to reveal a pound of herb and a box (case) of ZigZags! 

:D

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: PinoX7 on October 16, 2006, 10:30 PM NHFT

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on October 16, 2006, 10:54 AM NHFT

hehe, dont read previous posts huh?
Ah, I must have skimmed past that one before posting.  Sometimes I feel redundant.   :P

FTL_Ian

Quote from: maineiac on October 17, 2006, 08:54 AM NHFT

This thread reminds me of something I got a big kick out of that happened many moons ago when I was in high school which I'll never forget.

One of my friends decided to quit cigarettes and maintained that the process was relatively painless for him. He told me that whenever he craved a cigarette, he would simply twist up a doob and smoke that instead. Then he opened up the satchel he was lugging around to reveal a pound of herb and a box (case) of ZigZags! 

Sounds like a good approach!

error

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 17, 2006, 12:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: maineiac on October 17, 2006, 08:54 AM NHFT

Sounds like a good approach!

Oh, but I don't smoke herb, either.

FTL_Ian

Never too late to start!   8)

Rochelle

QuoteWhen you feel discouraged, just think of how many tax dollars that you're not paying on the packs of cigarettes that you're not smoking.
Error, if we get an income tax in NH, I personally hold you and everyone else on this thread who has quit smoking responsible. You selfish bastards!!!

;)

Anywhoo, I encourage you on your journey! Try some Nicogel; it's nicotine, but in gel form, so you just rub it on your hands. They say it's perfect for places where you can't smoke, like airplanes. Let's overlook the fact thaty they'll take it away from you before hand anyway...

Insurgent

I've quit smoking, too and have been heavily addicted at times. Since then, I have started buying American Spirits which are 100% tobacco without any chemicals or additives. At PorcFest or any party you'll find me smoking heavily but the rest of my life I don't usually smoke at all. Maybe once in a while, and I have no urges or addiction. I'm convinced that the tobacco companies have figured out the perfect blend of chemicals to make their product so addictive; natural tobacco ain't so!

Congrats on quitting, though  :)

error

You know, I was somewhat surprised by just how MANY people smoke around here. It's everywhere. And of course, they're evil SMOKERS who tend to vote Republican (!!) so the Demoncrats have no qualms about squeezing them a little harder.

The income tax is something else entirely. Don't blame ME if you get that imposed on you. Just clean your guns and refuse to pay it.