• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Don't tread on me" Flag

Started by FTL_Ian, October 13, 2006, 12:35 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Rifkinn on October 16, 2006, 10:45 AM NHFT
I'm making a wall hanging of this porcupine, just reversing the colors.  Gold porc

Very nice.

Armed_Tennesseean

I have the Gadsden flag hanging above my bed. I have a myspace, so ill check out the free state space and befriend it. I have the obligatory "Hold my WASR-10 while standing in front of the Gadsden" picture. Just give me about thirty minutes and ill be home.

mraaron

I usually stick with the traditional Gadsden types.  Some people think its a foreign flag. The history behind the flag dates back to the colonial days and Revolutionary War.  There were a few different versions of the Gadsden flag as well.  Some versions have been lost.
The Culpeper Flag is interesting too.

Most of the Gadsden type flags were made by hand by the wives and daughters of the bearers.

[attachment deleted by admin]

anthonybpugh

I got this magnet on the back of my truck.  I thought it looked a hell of a lot better than a yellow ribbon magnet. 

This is where I got it.  They got a few other cool Gadsden flags, tshirts, stickers and stuff. 

mraaron

Now that is the type of "yellow ribbon"  that I need on my vehicle. ;D

Neal Jiutai

Does anyone know where I can find an SVG (scalable vector graphics) image of the Gadsden flag? I've begun producing 3"x5" car stickers of the Betsy Ross, New Hampshire, and First Vermont Republic flags since I've been able to find SVGs of those.

KurtDaBear

I fly that flag at my home in California.  It was a birthday gift from my son and daughter-in-law.  They knew I had an empty flag-pole bracket on my porch, where I used to fly an American flag until Bush and his boys began exporting all our freedom overseas after 911 and the Patriot Act.
Depending on the election results Tues. in Calif., I may be signing up as one of the first 1,000 a year sooner than I had planned.

KBCraig

Quote from: KurtDaBear on November 05, 2006, 09:48 PM NHFT
I may be signing up as one of the first 1,000 a year sooner than I had planned.

Welcome, Kurt!

Kevin

KurtDaBear

Thanks.  I've been an FSP member for years and voted for NH in the original vote, but I was complaining to my son (a.k.a., "Spencer") that the FSP site was generally unresponsive, and he suggested this site.  I joined a couple of weeks ago and have just sort of been looking around (lurking?) since then.

Spencer

Dreepa

Quote from: KurtDaBear on November 05, 2006, 09:48 PM NHFT

Depending on the election results Tues. in Calif., I may be signing up as one of the first 1,000 a year sooner than I had planned.
Welcome.

Since you live in CA.... .I guess that means you will be signing the F1k!   ;D
There are lots of us "former" CAians here.

KurtDaBear

Yeah, I'm strongly leaning in that direction.  I lived in upstate NY and Mich. long enough to know what snow and cold are all about, and I figure getting my butt frozen once in a while is better than getting my freedoms permanently frozen one by one out her in la-la land.

I visited NH for a week in early Oct., and it was more like a time trip than a geographic one--being asked if I wanted the smoking or non-smoking section in restaurants, for instance, and the lack of "Buckle-up" signs on the freeways.

And it was an almost Randian experience to drive along the miles of big-box retail stores in Salem, then cross the border into Mass., and see it all end in a woods lot and a couple of small bungalows.  Also, visiting the capitol in Concord was something else.  The doors were wide open even though it was Columbus Day; and being handed a pamphlet and told to take a self-guided tour was real mind-blower for someone from a state where the state capitol is protected by tank traps, metal detectors, and armed guards.

KBCraig

Quote from: Spencer on November 05, 2006, 10:28 PM NHFT
Welcome, Dad.

So cool.  ;D

Kurt, you've got a great son. Spencer, I can see you didn't fall far from the tree.

I look forward to seeing both of you in NH soon.  :)

John

Welcome Kurt!

Quote from: KurtDaBear on November 05, 2006, 11:39 PM NHFTI visited NH for a week in early Oct., and it was more like a time trip than a geographic one--being asked if I wanted the smoking or non-smoking section in restaurants, for instance, and the lack of "Buckle-up" signs on the freeways.

And it was an almost Randian experience to drive along the miles of big-box retail stores in Salem,

This reminds me of when I lived in a different Salem and the local paper did a story, "The Ugliest Street in Salem" with a great picture of the street which has the most diverse economy within that city.
It was really stunning that anyone could call it ugly.  I thought it was beautiful.  I fully understand that not everyone would want to live on that street - and most wouldn't call it beautiful.  But hey, ugly?

I was already planning (before I even found the FSP) on eventualy escaping to NH, but this article made me sad for the city in which I was born.  Sometimes one must just say to themself, "This is not were I belong. And it is time to go Home."  In Salem, New Hampshire we have RT-28 (with "everything" you could need within a short drive) - and if you want to go to the pond, or to walk the forest we have that to.

On the political side:  As on Tuesday we no longer have 4 of 13 State Reps.who are NHLA endorsed - - - Now we have 6.

Please come Home.

KurtDaBear

Quote from: John on November 10, 2006, 06:14 PM NHFT
Please come Home.

Thanks.  I've got a few things I have to take care of in Calif. before I can do that, but if things go as planned, I should be able to make a firm F1K commitment early in 2007 and to move in the first half of '08.  (I'd like to be somewhere relatively safe before John McCain and Hillary make the world unsafe for democracy in Nov. '08. Currently in Calif., the Greens regularly outpoll Libertarians in the majority of statewide races.)