• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Flash tonight?

Started by John, March 07, 2005, 03:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Great work, John!

It's truly amazing to see the support in the community.  Most of this support is a direct result of our efforts to defend the family.  I see us as a group of people helping others, especially those harmed by the government.  That is exactly who I wish to be.

It really hurts my heart to think of the dire legal situation of this family.? :(? I WILL fast within the next few weeks or months if it is not resolved in their favor.

Russell Kanning

That sounds great John......it is so much fun to interact with passers-by.
It is almost too much fun when the sun is out and it is above 4 degrees.  ;D

Pat K

John

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 18, 2005, 08:21 PM NHFT
Great work, John!

It's truly amazing to see the support in the community.? Most of this support is a direct result of our efforts to defend the family.? I see us as a group of people helping others, especially those harmed by the government.? That is exactly who I wish to be.

It really hurts my heart to think of the dire legal situation of this family.? :(? I WILL fast within the next few weeks or months if it is not resolved in their favor.

Mike,
Please, please, please be careful not to let this get you down!  It sometimes makes my heart heavy to - but there are also some very bright things to enjoy!  (Think of that dozen kids learning that the government is violating one of their neighbors rights, or those adults who see new hope.)

Sometimes we need to pay attention to some very subtle things.

If you had only heard the tone in the woman's voice (whom I quoted), her very words had pain on them, but she also has a hidden smile.  It was very hard to see.  It was nearly imposible for her to willingly show.  She is not ued to it.  It is very, very guarded.  But, she was happy to see someone/anyone standing tall on the side of Liberty and Justice.

Mike, you are one of our best men.  I would not normaly mention it but you seem to be heading in a direction which (maybe) should be checked.  Please be careful not to take on too much pain.  It is not nessesary.  There is joy to had a well.  Think of how many people your actions have given new hope to.  Some of them have hidden smiles to.

But hey, we are just begining.  Someday these folks will feel like it is natural to smile again.  Please smile - you can lead with that also.

Be careful with the fasts.  It is not nessesary to do long fasts.  They can be done quite quietly and without notice for short periods.  If you draw attention to them, they could become quite a distraction from your purpose. 

Michael Fisher

John,

Thank you for your kind words.  I will need to contemplate what you've said for a while to fully grasp it.  In the meantime, do not worry about any future fast.  A fast is caused by sorrow, but it is a source of hope and happiness, backed by love.  I have fasted before, and when fasting, I am very happy!  :)  I will be careful with this type of action.  A prolonged fast is a life and death situation, after all.

You are one of our best, John.  There are some things worth fighting for, and this is one of them.  Thank you for your tireless efforts to help this family!

John

Quote from: russellkanning on May 18, 2005, 08:39 PM NHFT
That sounds great John......it is so much fun to interact with passers-by.
It is almost too much fun when the sun is out and it is above 4 degrees.? ;D

I remember it being 3 degrees. ?But what's 1 degree among friends when the wind-chill is ????? ?And, for how many hours were we there?
The biggest thing to me was the light. ?Now we are able to see one another from up the road apiece - much more personal - much more trust - much more ability to stop and ask what's up. ?And for the passers-by, they don't have to freeze to spend some time with us.

Should we do this again as a group - rather than just "flashing"?
I'll be back.

John

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 18, 2005, 11:46 PM NHFT
John,

Thank you for your kind words.? I will need to contemplate what you've said for a while to fully grasp it.? In the meantime, do not worry about any future fast.? A fast is caused by sorrow, but it is a source of hope and happiness, backed by love.? I have fasted before, and when fasting, I am very happy!? :)? I will be careful with this type of action.? A prolonged fast is a life and death situation, after all.

You are one of our best, John.? There are some things worth fighting for, and this is one of them.? Thank you for your tireless efforts to help this family!

Mike,
Check with your mentors, but I don't think a fast needs/should to be all about (nor caused by) sorrow.  This (the internet) is quite a wide open public place (and new to me) for me to talk to a friend about anything - let alone something private.  (I think fasting is mostly a personal/private issue.)  But hey, we are on NHfree.com now and so I'll bite.

For now I'll just say that I ate very well the day before, ate nothing (all day) before going to Hampton (hey, I wasn't even hungry), broke my "fast" with some of my daughter's trail-mix and then had some pizza.
No one knew.  No one needed to know.  No one even noticed.  Heck, I hardly noticed.

BTW, short fasts are more fun to break because you can move into whatever food you like . . .  ;D
On long fasts one must be careful.
Practice.

Dave Ridley

John thanks so much for running out there and doing this!  You are great! 

I wonder if myrtle's issue is the best issue over which to stage future civil dis?  Maybe some brainstorming is in order?

Certainly we have been casting about for something to do that will draw attention to this again...

Mike's idea of a fast in front of city hall (if myrtle loses in court) was great!

John

Well for the time being, my next night off is Thursday (and that's Zoning Fools night - right?), so maybe I'll pay them another visit.  I wouldn't want them to think I'm forgetting them.
I might even make a new t-shirt for the occation. Maybe something like

$185,000
For What?

BTW, I also mentioned Hampton on the Gardner Goldsmith show the day before and the day after this last flash.

Got to keep the heat on.

Russell Kanning

I think you should keep it up.........you are having too much fun.