• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

51 y/o Concord man steals Natural Light beer

Started by Quantrill, November 14, 2006, 09:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quantrill

Quotehttp://www.theconcordinsider.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061114/THECONCORDINSIDER/611140313/1304/REPOSITORY

I didn't know Natty Light came in 18packs!   :occasion14:

Thursday, Nov. 9

Traffic stop

Master Police Officer Mark Dumas was working a traffic detail near the Lowe's construction site on Fort Eddy Road just after 10 a.m. when he saw two men run across the road.

According to his report, Dumas watched as the first of the men paused, set something on the pavement and then continued running. The second picked up the object and walked toward the Hannaford supermarket. Soon a Hannaford worker approached him, Dumas wrote, and asked for his help catching a man who had shoplifted an 18-pack of Natural Light beer.

Dumas wrote that he caught up with the suspect, whom he later identified as Richard N. Buchanan, 51, of Concord, near the Lowe's construction site.

"He turned his full body to face me and began to angrily and verbally challenge me," Dumas wrote.

The officer drew his expandable baton, he wrote, told the suspect he was under arrest and told him to lie on the ground. "Buchanan refused to comply and stood in a combative stance seemingly prepared to grab on and grapple with me. I used my expandable baton to strike him one time on the right forearm while ordering him to the ground."

The suspect grew more agitated, Dumas wrote, and held his stance. Dumas hit him again, he wrote. The suspect held his stance. "I redirected my third strike against the outside of Buchanan's right leg."

Still apparently angry, Dumas wrote, the suspect moved toward the ground. A second officer approached, Dumas wrote, and tackled the suspect onto his stomach. The officers handcuffed him after what Dumas called a "mild struggle."

Dumas wrote that he called the dispatcher to report that he had used force and ask for a supervisor to come to the scene. An ambulance crew treated Buchanan for a cut on the forehead that "I presumed occurred during our struggle to handcuff him on the ground."

Buchanan was charged with shoplifting, resisting arrest and resisting arrest or detention.

KBCraig

Quote from: Quantrill on November 14, 2006, 09:08 PM NHFT
I didn't know Natty Light came in 18packs!   

If I was going to steal beer, I'd steal good beer!

Dreepa

Pat K

My God are there no standards left!! Light Fucking Beer?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Dreepa

Quote from: Pat K on November 14, 2006, 10:00 PM NHFT
My God are there no standards left!! Light Fucking Beer?

Pat not just Light Beer..... Natural Light beer.

I call it colored water.

Ear

Braddogg

Quote from: Quantrill on November 14, 2006, 09:08 PM NHFT
Buchanan was charged with shoplifting, resisting arrest and resisting arrest or detention. [/i]

"Resisting arrest" and "resisting arrest or detention" are two seperate charges?

mraaron

The fact that the guy got whacked with the baton a couple times and just stood his ground shows a specific mindset.  Stranger still, the guy took the cheapest beer they had, instead of expensive stuff.

Rocketman

I've known a few Natty Light drunks who didn't like to confuse their tastebuds  or stomachs with anything else.  The two who come to mind both averaged 12-18 cans a day, so that's probably a good unit size.

I just remembered one of those guys occasionally had to entertain corporate clients for his company, so he learned to drink Amstel Light and halfway like it.  This is the same guy whose doctor told him he was in the early stages of cirrhosis five years ago, but hasn't slowed down a bit -- the part of this story that might actually be relevant to this forum is that he is also a staunch proponent of marijuana prohibition, thinks it's perfectly okay to drink 12-18 beers a day but wrong and evil to smoke the occasional doobie!

Ugh, sometimes I really don't understand people's brains... could be because they've been pickled in Natty Light?  ::)

aries

Natty light is New Hampshire's high school beer fellas

Keystone at the colleges :P

Dreepa

Quantrill

Quote from: aries on November 15, 2006, 05:51 AM NHFT
Natty light is New Hampshire's high school beer fellas

Keystone at the colleges :P

Blah.  I suppose there's no Boulevard Wheat in NH?  Best wheat beer I've ever had and made in my hometown of Kansas City, MO.  Maybe they'll let me open a franchise micro-brewery!   :)

KBCraig

Don't worry, Quantrill. There are lots of good beers in NH. Quite a few home-grown brands (if you include VT and MA).

Kevin

KBCraig

aries

Quote from: KBCraig on November 15, 2006, 08:33 PM NHFT
Don't worry, Quantrill. There are lots of good beers in NH. Quite a few home-grown brands (if you include VT and MA).

Kevin

NH has a selection of local brews

Woodstock Inn brewery in woodstock
There's one in Conway
Harpoon beer brewed at the Mass Bay brewing company in Windor VT and Mass
Magic hat beer from burlington VT

and thats just what they sold at the store i worked at.