• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Vertigo-ish Symptom?

Started by eques, January 21, 2007, 12:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

eques

Hmm... ManchPorcs meeting, eh?

Do you think that foisting women's clothing upon me is such a good idea given my fragile state of health? :'(

So, I looked at the thread for the calendar entry... where is it being held?  Bickford's still?

How long do you think it'll go?  My brother invited me over for dinner this Saturday, so I just need to let him know when to expect me.  I told him that I'd let him know by today.  :)

Kat Kanning

I think it usually runs until 3:00.  I'm just kidding about the dress anyway.

eques

And I'm kidding about being in a fragile state of health. :)

In that case, I can tell my brother "sure" and roughly "normal" dinner time.

cathleeninnh

I thought of you, James, when I saw this in the UL today.

A low-cost health-care plan aimed at uninsured "young invincibles" is now available in New Hampshire.

Tonik, offered by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, targets young adults age 19-32 who are among the estimated 17 million Americans within that age bracket currently making due without coverage.

The three-tier plan offers a range of monthly costs and deductibles based on individual needs -- Tonik 5000, for the "thrill-seeker," allows four annual office visits ($20 per visit co-pay) and an annul $5,000 deductible; Tonik 3000, for the "part-time daredevil," offers four annual doctor visits ($30 per visit co-pay) and an annual $3,000 deductible; Tonik 1500, for the "calculated risk-taker, offers unlimited doctor visits ($40 per visit co-pay) and an annual $1,500 deductible.

Each plan also includes generic prescriptions ($10 co-pay), annual eye exams, dental care and emergency room visits ($100 per visit).

Co-payments do not count toward deductibles. There is a separate $50 deductible for dental coverage.

Full details are outlined at www.tonikhealth.com, an edgy-looking user-friendly Web site that provides a link for online registration. Rates are based on which plan you choose, age, medical history and location.

"We found through our research that this group wants head-to-toe coverage in one easy-to-understand product. And with Tonik plan rates beginning at about $130 a month, we are able to offer the type of coverage they are looking for at rates most 'young invincibles' can afford," said Lisa M. Guertin, president of Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield NH.

Results of a recent poll conducted by USA Today and the National Endowment for Financial Education showed that adults younger than 35 are twice as likely to be uninsured as those age 45 and older.

Tonik was first introduced in 2004 and is also currently available in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia and Nevada. Anthem reports that about 78 percent of current Tonik enrollees in those states were previously uninsured.

Other perks of the plan include discounts on various health-related products, health club memberships, yoga classes, weight loss and fitness programs.

Braddogg

Quote from: cathleeninnh on March 21, 2007, 08:23 AM NHFT
And with Tonik plan rates beginning at about $130 a month, we are able to offer the type of coverage they are looking for at rates most 'young invincibles' can afford," said Lisa M. Guertin, president of Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield NH.

I don't want to grow up!!!!!   :sad2:

eques

"Young invincible," huh?  ;D

I'll take a look at it, thanks, Cathleen.  :)

Dreepa

Quote from: Braddogg on March 21, 2007, 08:31 AM NHFT
Quote from: cathleeninnh on March 21, 2007, 08:23 AM NHFT
And with Tonik plan rates beginning at about $130 a month, we are able to offer the type of coverage they are looking for at rates most 'young invincibles' can afford," said Lisa M. Guertin, president of Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield NH.

I don't want to grow up!!!!!   :sad2:
That is cheap cheap cheap

I pay $200 and who knows how much my company kicks in.

eques

I had a chance to look at the site.

What does one do after they exceed the ripe old age of 34?  ;)

I probably won't be in a traditional job then, either.

Perhaps by then there'll be a network for such a thing.

I haven't looked at their application requirements, though... I'm hoping they do not require the SSN.  :-X