• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tilting at Windmills 2007 (Kicking the Feds out of Keene)

Started by Russell Kanning, February 21, 2007, 12:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: John on April 01, 2007, 12:30 AM NHFT
Quote from: Caleb on March 31, 2007, 11:33 PM NHFT
It's *possible*, however unlikely, that the gentleman with the cane had consumed alcohol in massive quantities prior to his encounter with us.  :) He seemed to have trouble speaking his words and maintaining his balance.

I don't know what caused him to behave as he did.  I assume that he may be someone who is very unhappy to begin with.
There was a very "visual art" demonstration on the corner which could have touched "buttons."  Isn't that what the "visuals" are supposed to do?

It CLEARLY touched many folks who were presumably more stable than he.

While he was clearly intending to be threatening/intimidating, I am not so sure he could handle himself at all (and he was clearly quite afraid of this) - even against any semi-pacifist.  Nor is there any evidence that he actually intended any actual physical harm against anyone there.

His beliefs were threatened.  All he seems to know is threats of force.  He might think that that works - but he did NOT cross the line..

Just like his father before him he has been told that if just goes 'over there' and risk his life, kills the enemy  and come home and keep his nose to the grindstone the world will get better.  It didn't and now his kids are in danger.
He is probably just a confused old guy who, like most passer bys, didn't have a clue about what the 'soundbite' signs meant, or, the connection between the IRS and what he has been told is the 'neccessary' means to get information out of the enemy to keep us safe.

Kat Kanning

From what he said to me at first, he understood that we weren't paying taxes because of war/torture.  He got more confused later as he got more upset.  He mistook Roger as a college kid. :)

Puke

Quote from: John on March 31, 2007, 10:35 PM NHFT
Based on that shot, I HAVE TO! ASK if you are the guy who was dressed in (almost all) black (including black gloves, on a comparatively warm day) who walked by - and turned left at the corner.  MIGHT that have been you?

Did you walk by?  Could that have been you?  PLEASE DO TELL!

Or, maybe it was one of your neighbors - who then turned/walked left into the driveway?

No that wasn't me. I was wearing white gloves.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: FTL_Ian on March 29, 2007, 09:21 PM NHFT
My batteries are charged, and I'll be taping as well.  I'll be happy to turn my tape over to whomever would like it, be it Roger or FMTV, as I have zero time for editing.

If you can't get Tom Sawyer or FMTV to make something out of your footage before April 15
I can do some editing immediately. Message or email me.

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 01, 2007, 08:15 AM NHFT
He mistook Roger as a college kid. :)

Roger does bear a passing resemblance to a certain "perpetual student":

;D

I think this encounter (the guy with the cane) is reason to celebrate, because it shows how different NH is from the rest of the country. Almost anywhere else, these regular demonstrations would have resulted in a beat-down, either by a deranged individual, or a pissed-off mob. Even in the areas that are far more anti-Bush or anti-"this current war" than Keene, you're likely to encounter violent opposition for daring to suggest that "our fair share" of tax money is funding torture, or that we're unjustified in pursuing "them turrists".

Good showing, and thanks for the pics. I'm glad that this is the worst response you've gotten so far.

Kevin

Tom Sawyer

90 percent of the folks that expressed an opinion showed support.

People also enjoyed the costumes... John remarked on the strong reaction of people to the hooded detainee...

I think it would be fun for others, that can't make it to these events, post your own images to the thread. Your contribution via virtual protest. Even your own mini demonstration where you are. The group had a good time and it helps show others that more folks don't like what is going on. :)

Russell Kanning

the size of our group is probably what annoyed that man .... so we might get more in the future, but at least no one has attacked us on that corner yet. :)

Yes ... if you happen to have any chainmail laying around like sandman0000000000 .... then send us a picture of you as Don Quixote. :)

Russell Kanning

I think we will need more Don Quixotes next time. Maybe we will have to make 1 or 2 more hats at Jim and Lauren's next building project. :)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 01, 2007, 11:34 PM NHFT
If you can't get Tom Sawyer or FMTV to make something out of your footage before April 15
I can do some editing immediately. Message or email me.

I've alerted Sean to your offer of assistance.  Thanks!

NC2NH

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 31, 2007, 08:30 PM NHFT
Quote from: Soundwave on March 31, 2007, 08:12 PM NHFT
That asshole was amusing.

An eloquent spokesman for the pro-war, pro-torture, police state faction.  ;D

Good photos, nice turnout. I'm glad the cane-wielding dude didn't harm anyone.

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 01, 2007, 08:15 AM NHFT
He mistook Roger as a college kid. :)

Tom Sawyer's been down to the fountain of youth again. ;D

Russell Kanning

http://www.soulawakenings.com/underground/tikiwiki/tiki-browse_gallery.php?galleryId=94

You can watch the picture view counts go up as people read the stories on the Keene Free Press and people wander around the nh underground site. If you add your picture, then others will see them. :)

I use the black hood to cover the "bling". I don't want to be ostentatious. 8)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 02, 2007, 08:46 AM NHFT
I think we will need more Don Quixotes next time. Maybe we will have to make 1 or 2 more hats at Jim and Lauren's next building project. :)

The helmets where cool and wow I didn't realize that the chainmail was homemade very  8)

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

Donna Quixote trying to build up some speed

Ramming Speed!

TackleTheWorld

Sandman's chainmail was perfect.  Good thing he started on it long before this event.

Hey Donna!  The windmill is behind you!