• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Brian Severance in court (calendar entry)

Started by Kat Kanning, March 27, 2007, 02:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Friday May 31st, 1:30pm, Keene District Court

Story here:
http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=7692.0

Russell Kanning

Brian hasn't given ground ... I wonder if the government is

Russell Kanning

We were able to meet Brian Severance's son Brian Jr. outside the hearing.
I guess our signs were an encouragement to Brian and a source of concern for the government workers.

Here is the letter we got from his mother today:

http://www.keenefreepress.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=488&Itemid=36

TackleTheWorld

Hey!
Extra points for making the police get off their butts!

Russell Kanning

Brian might be in court again on May 21st

Chester Lapointe

As someone who knows this family my question is this. Who the hell cares? He has been either committing illegal actions or been on the lame for the better part of 10 years. We shouldnt be wasting our time on this family as everything they touch is corrupted.

Quantrill

Even if the guy was a first-rate jerk, that does not absolve the government from due process

:-X

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Chester Lapointe on May 09, 2007, 10:12 AM NHFT
As someone who knows this family my question is this. Who the hell cares? He has been either committing illegal actions or been on the lame for the better part of 10 years. We shouldnt be wasting our time on this family as everything they touch is corrupted.

I the hell care.

As someone who knows this family, could you expound on their illegal actions for which they have been on the lam for the last ten years?  Please do not include hear say, conjecture or unfounded libel.

Also, if you would, tell me why any man should be left to sit in jail for seven months without being charged with a crime?
Or why whether your liking this man or his family should be taken into any kind of consideration?

powerchuter

Because...
By the "court's" reasoning...
You could be jailed indefinitely under the same exact reasoning...

Judge: "Chester, do you know where person xyz is?"
Chester: "No your honor."
Judge: "Chester, I don't believe you and I am holding you in comtempt of this court.  I'll keep you in jail until you tell me where xyz is!"
Chester: "But your honor, I really don't know where xyz is!"
Judge: "Well, there's this Lapointe dude on the NH Underground that says you aren't worth a shit so who the hell cares if we keep you locked up just because we can...hahaha!"

Russell Kanning

If you believe in punishing bad people, doesn't matter which laws they broke or if they were even guilty?
Since I don't even want to resist evil by force, there is nothing Brian Severance could do that would make me want to put him in jail.
Since the government will not tell us why they are holding Brian, why would you assume it is for valid reasons?

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."

To me this situation will show us if our society will accept unpopular people.

Should Ed Brown be hurt because he believes unusual things? .... even when he has not hurt anyone yet?

Russell Kanning

BTW ..... I have been on the lamb recently. I think it will get worse too.

Lloyd Danforth

You would think that being away from your wife for so long, you would give the Lambs a break.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Raineyrocks