• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bank Recommendation?

Started by FTL_Ian, March 27, 2007, 02:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Banknorth has no interest checking with no pesky fees.  Looks like the best choice so far.

David

I had forgotten that interest bearing accounts are reported as income to the feds. 

dalebert

I need a new checking account. I switched to ING Direct when BofA suddenly started charging me a monthly fee. I'd forgotten that the no-fee was dependent on having direct deposit and I had quit my job to write and do some other personal projects. Problem is, the only way to make deposits to ING Direct is by mail and I don't trust the post office.

Anyone know of a local bank with free checking that also has free online bill pay?

alohamonkey

Quote from: dalebert on August 03, 2007, 02:28 PM NHFT
I need a new checking account. I switched to ING Direct when BofA suddenly started charging me a monthly fee. I'd forgotten that the no-fee was dependent on having direct deposit and I had quit my job to write and do some other personal projects. Problem is, the only way to make deposits to ING Direct is by mail and I don't trust the post office.

Anyone know of a local bank with free checking that also has free online bill pay?

I've been using Sovereign Bank since I moved to Manchester about 2 years ago.  Free checking and savings and an awesome online bill pay system.  I have all my bills run through their online bill pay system.  I have recurring monthly payments to my credit card set up so I am never late on a payment.  No more writing checks and no more dealing with the Post Office.  Plus, they have quite a few ATM's throughout the state for free withdrawals. 

dalebert

Quote from: alohamonkey on August 03, 2007, 03:39 PM NHFT
I've been using Sovereign Bank since I moved to Manchester about 2 years ago.  Free checking and savings and an awesome online bill pay system.

Sounds great. Thanx!