• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Registering to vote

Started by Quantrill, March 30, 2007, 07:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

so .... if no one in your town voted
would that be a good or bad thing?

Would you get excited that you could take over the town by running and voting for yourself next time?

JonM

If you live entirely outside the system and not voting is your thing, then that's your thing.  But if you look to anything that was brought about by a vote, say, The U.S. or N.H. constitution for support, does denying the effectiveness of voting make you a hypocrite?

Russell Kanning

quite possibly
If you don't think voting is a good idea ... then I guess you don't want to be a part of any government.

MaineShark

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 05, 2007, 01:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on April 05, 2007, 09:58 AM NHFTI'm on that path.  When my business gets big enough to need extra help, I'm not going to hire anyone.  I will contract with private individuals, and let them run their own lives.  If they were my "employees," I would have to withold taxes from their paychecks, and it will be a cold day in hell before I become a tax-collector...
Sometimes the government doesn't care about your contracts .... they think you should give them taxes ..... maybe you will have to magically build stuff with no apparent help. :)

"Hey, I'm a one-man dynamo.  I don't normally drink coffee, so when I did drink some, I just got so high on the caffeine that I installed that 2300-lb boiler all by myself, in one day.  Of course, I was working so fast that I accidentally destroyed some of the money that I was paid to do the job, so that's why I only have this much here on me, now." :o

Joe

Russell Kanning

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: d_goddard on April 05, 2007, 11:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 05, 2007, 06:33 PM NHFT
When the election officials saw me out in the parking lot they called me aside.

"You'll vote now or we'll challenge your absentee ballot."

So I don't think my vote counted. 
What town & ward was this in?
I don't think there are wards here in Winchester.

d_goddard

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 06, 2007, 10:02 AM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on April 05, 2007, 11:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 05, 2007, 06:33 PM NHFT
When the election officials saw me out in the parking lot they called me aside.

"You'll vote now or we'll challenge your absentee ballot."

So I don't think my vote counted. 
What town & ward was this in?
I don't think there are wards here in Winchester.
It seems to me this was malfeasance on the part of the officials.

The Secretary of State's office is the place to report any such problems:
Phone: 603-271-3242    Fax: 603-271-6316
Email: Elections@sos.state.nh.us

If "officials" are not called to task, they will not change their behavior.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 05, 2007, 09:07 PM NHFT
I wonder why they wanted you to vote then. Would they have known to shred it after you voted?
Maybe they were trying to get me for voting twice.

KBCraig

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 06, 2007, 10:39 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 05, 2007, 09:07 PM NHFT
I wonder why they wanted you to vote then. Would they have known to shred it after you voted?
Maybe they were trying to get me for voting twice.

That was my first thought.

cathleeninnh

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 06, 2007, 07:32 AM NHFT
so .... if no one in your town voted
would that be a good or bad thing?

Would you get excited that you could take over the town by running and voting for yourself next time?

If someone abandons a trash heap and I go in and clean up, is that "taking over"

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

I wouldn't call it abandoning .... more changed purpose. :)

d_goddard

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 06, 2007, 01:06 PM NHFT
I wouldn't call it abandoning .... more changed purpose. :)
Bingo!

What's a trash heap when all the trash is gone?
Maybe.... a nice park?

Russell Kanning

maybe I also have a different goal than some of you....
I look forward to a time with no government .... so not voting now and in the future makes sense.
If you want some sort of government .... I guess you will be voting now and in the future.

d_goddard

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 06, 2007, 03:20 PM NHFT
I look forward to a time with no government .... so not voting now and in the future makes sense.
I look forward to a time when people peacefully, willingly divest themselves of government, one bit at a time, until everybody realizes it wasn't needed after all.... so voting now and for the forseeable future makes sense.

Or maybe me & Russ should just handle this like men and arm wrestle at the MVP meeting.
Naked.

money dollars

Quote from: d_goddard on April 06, 2007, 04:00 PM NHFT
Or maybe me & Russ should just handle this like men and arm wrestle at the MVP meeting.
Naked.
gay