• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Where are you staying at Gunstock

Started by Pat K, May 14, 2007, 04:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

I like the "Cousin" reference...
We're all just going to the Dawkin's family reunion.  :D

Lloyd Danforth

Tim and an uncle by marriage have the same last name. My mothers maiden name was the same as 41 Mag.  I'll bet I'm descended from some Grants, too, but, not the southern 'married my aunt' branch. ;D

Tom Sawyer

My northern heritage (Ohio) is more "marry yer sister" than my southern. ;)

Lloyd Danforth

I thank my lucky stars that all of my non-Irish ancestors are from New England before some of those names wandered west and got weird ;D

jaqeboy

Quote from: mvpel on June 08, 2007, 08:48 AM NHFT
Jack Shimek has a block of campsites available, which will be right near the bonfire site.  They were reserved as a unit for the entire week by the FSP to prevent unaffliated campers from complaining about late-night revelry, and Jack's working on subletting to recoup some of the FSP's expense.  He has about 7 left.

Thanks, mvpel. That is correctomundo and it's time to promote these sites. Rich G, who has been organizing PorcFest rented all 10 BoardWalk sites and thought no one would want them because a) they're right in front of the recreation / bonfire field, so they will be loud until late (Probably not suited for families) and b) they don't have trees for shade cover. The DO have water and electricity, though! I'm gambling that some will want to be close to the action - it'll make it easy to find your tent after the campfire dies out.

I offered to take the block of 10 sites off Rich's hands with the pledge to do my best to recover money to go back into the FSP treasury for these sites. I'm promoting them to the Alternatives Expo crowd and others and am seeking donations for a scholarship fund to cover costs for students who want to come to PF from Boston and area colleges but are short on cash.

Details will be on the AltExpo.org site, which is being created as we type (so is woefully short of content right now). I'm coordinating reservations for campsites, but hope to have a volunteer take that over for me.

Recumbent ReCycler

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on June 09, 2007, 07:39 AM NHFT
Cousin Tim, I know you were at Porcfest last year, cause you broke both of my potato cannons.  It should be clear that you probably will be able to plop down a tent on someone's site for nothing and find people willing to feed you and supply beer, if you provide a little something.
If I can get some lathe time, I might be able to finish building my muzzle-loading black powder mortar.  The bore is similar in size to your potato cannons, but the walls are much thicker (about 1/2") and stronger (steel).  The breech plug (which isn't finished yet) will be threaded into the tube and is over an inch thick.  It's doubtful that I will be able to find someone who will let me use their lathe before porcfest though.  My lathe has electrical problems that can't be fixed until my supplier sends me the replacement part (speed controller), which I have waited many months for so far.

Bald Eagle

We'll be at 189.

Center of the campground, and supposedly has good drainage.  :D

Looks like a nice, straight path back and forth to the boardwalk.  That might complicate things when I have to weave back.

With any luck, I should work things out well enough so that right after I move up, I'll be able to start work and have a good place to live.  And that's only a month after PorCFest! 

[attachment deleted by admin]

KBCraig

Quote from: Bald Eagle on June 09, 2007, 10:21 PM NHFT
With any luck, I should work things out well enough so that right after I move up, I'll be able to start work and have a good place to live.  And that's only a month after PorCFest! 

:angry4:

I am so going to have something to say to you in August...

error

Quantrill

Really.  KB, we can help you find work here.  List your qualifications on the Business forum and we'll do our best to find something for you!

jaqeboy

Lloyd Danforth

We never got to the Boardwalk on our recconniter.  Boardwalk implies water or a bridge of some kind.  Can one fall off of the Boardwalk? 

jaqeboy

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on June 09, 2007, 11:53 PM NHFT
We never got to the Boardwalk on our recconniter.  Boardwalk implies water or a bridge of some kind.  Can one fall off of the Boardwalk? 

The Boardwalk over some wetlands is just beyond these campsites (far left on the map). It looks like the campsites and the playing field are built on fill that levelled the land out about 3 ft above the wetlands level.

You might fall off of it after a late night campfire if you're weaving too much  ;D

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on June 09, 2007, 11:53 PM NHFT
Can one fall off of the Boardwalk? 

Easy as falling off the wagon. Might even have a common denominator.  ;D